Visit site
✟113,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Israel.is currently blinded (Romans 11:25)

That's an incorrect, outward, physical interpretation and understanding of the passage. Paul teaches the commandments of the Master, not hyper-dispensationalism which is based on the well known 2P2P view, (two peoples two programs, as I am sure you already know), which unfortunately is a teaching of two Gospels using programs instead of gospels so as to avoid the open contradiction, knowing that Paul surely condemns such a thing.

Moreover the Master has become the new Minister of the Circumcision, and circumcision is of the heart according to both the Torah and Paul in Rom 2:28-29, and Paul even states "We are the Circumcision", (Phil 3:3). So unless and until you fully surrender and undergo that circumcision in the supernal Way, as taught by the Master himself in the Gospel accounts, which is circumcision of the heart by way of the Testimony of the Master in the Gospel accounts, then perhaps you are not quite yet fully grafted into the all Yisrael of the Father and are simply misled by dispy teachings and preaching. Gentiles do not get to remain gentiles for the rest of their lives: the Canaanite shall be no more in the house of the Most High, (Zec 14:21, Mat 15:22-28). Perhaps begin your circumcision with the passage below, and eat all that is put before you in the Gospel accounts, leaving nothing till the morning come.

Luke 17:20-21 KJV
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Do not add or diminish, neither exchange meanings of words with meanings of other words, such as entos, (within/inside), with mesos, (in the midst, the middle). Just believe what it says, and incorporate the statement and its meaning and ramifications into all of your doctrine, regardless of any previous bias: for your doctrine is not supposed to be your own, just as you are no more your own when you enter into the faith in Meshiah.

The kingdom of Elohim does not come with ocular-visual observation, Luke 17:20.
The kingdom of Elohim is within you, Luke 17:21.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I see, so you automatically regard what you are thinking as the truth. Alright then.
No, I don't. I have been prayerfully studying the Bible for decades and God has been working miracles in my life since I was a little kid and is currently performing miracles in my life on a daily basis.

Here is one that happened yesterday. I pulled into a gas station to put in some gas. My debit card doesn't work at the pumps for some reason so I have to go inside an pay at the counter. For some reason I went back outside and just got into my car and drove off. I spent probably two hours at home and when I left I finally realized what I'd done. I was really bummed as I couldn't afford to buy the same amount of gas again.

I went back to the station, went inside and told them what I'd done. The store manager happened to be standing there. She looked at the computer screen and said it's still there. It's one of the busiest stations in town and no one had used that pump in those two hours. My money was still there.

You'll mock me for thinking it was a miracle, but I know it was as miracles are happening daily in my life.

Here's another one. I had washed a load of clothes and out them in the dryer. I ran the dryer through it's cycle and when it was done I opened the dryer door door and the clothes were as wet as they were when I put them in. We couldn't afford a service call and the cost of an element so I bowed my head and asked God to fix it. That was a month or so ago and that dryer is still drying clothes.

Last winter I stumbled and fell. I ended up with a twisted intestine. That is extremely painful and fatal. I used a supplement stool softener until I had diarrhea really badly. I basically had the squirts. It was still extremely painful. I was groaning all the time. I asked God to fix it and He did.

That's why I know I'm correct in my beliefs. God doesn't perform miracles for those don't have enough faith in Him to surrender fully to Him and that includes believing His word rather that creating conflicts in scripture where none exist because we have a big enough ego to think we know better than He does.

That doesn't mean I think I'm better than anyone else. I've lived in rebellion against God for too many decades of my life to think I'm any better than anyone else. I've been very self destructive for the vast majority of my life. God has even taken that away from me. He is a God of love that is beyond human comprehension. At least beyond my comprehension as I know without a doubt I'm not worthy of that kind of love.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I don't. I have been prayerfully studying the Bible for decades and God has been working miracles in my life since I was a little kid and is currently performing miracles in my life on a daily basis.

Here is one that happened yesterday. I pulled into a gas station to put in some gas. My debit card doesn't work at the pumps for some reason so I have to go inside an pay at the counter. For some reason I went back outside and just got into my car and drove off. I spent probably two hours at home and when I left I finally realized what I'd done. I was really bummed as I couldn't afford to buy the same amount of gas again.

I went back to the station, went inside and told them what I'd done. The store manager happened to be standing there. She looked at the computer screen and said it's still there. It's one of the busiest stations in town and no one had used that pump in those two hours. My money was still there.

You'll mock me for thinking it was a miracle, but I know it was as miracles are happening daily in my life.

Here's another one. I had washed a load of clothes and out them in the dryer. I ran the dryer through it's cycle and when it was done I opened the dryer door door and the clothes were as wet as they were when I put them in. We couldn't afford a service call and the cost of an element so I bowed my head and asked God to fix it. That was a month or so ago and that dryer is still drying clothes.

Last winter I stumbled and fell. I ended up with a twisted intestine. That is extremely painful and fatal. I used a supplement stool softener until I had diarrhea really badly. I basically had the squirts. It was still extremely painful. I was groaning all the time. I asked God to fix it and He did.

That's why I know I'm correct in my beliefs. God doesn't perform miracles for those don't have enough faith in Him to surrender fully to Him and that includes believing His word rather that creating conflicts in scripture where none exist because we have a big enough ego to think we know better than He does.

That doesn't mean I think I'm better than anyone else. I've lived in rebellion against God for too many decades of my life to think I'm any better than anyone else. I've been very self destructive for the vast majority of my life. God has even taken that away from me. He is a God of love that is beyond human comprehension. At least beyond my comprehension as I know without a doubt I'm not worthy of that kind of love.

You have the right to your own beliefs/thoughts/opinions.

You do not have the right to the "truth".

Understand the difference.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You have the right to your own beliefs/thoughts/opinions.

You do not have the right to the "truth".

Understand the difference.
I do have the right to the truth. Is God working miracles in your life on a regular basis? I'm not claiming to have a walk with God anywhere close to what Paul had but yet the number of miracles in my life tells me I'm learning and God is rewarding my faith in Him. That tells me what I believe about Him and how He relates to us as humans is correct.

How many miracles have happened in your life lately? Is your walk with God close enough that He is rewarding your faith?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do have the right to the truth. Is God working miracles in your life on a regular basis? I'm not claiming to have a walk with God anywhere close to what Paul had but yet the number of miracles in my life tells me I'm learning and God is rewarding my faith in Him. That tells me what I believe about Him and how He relates to us as humans is correct.

How many miracles have happened in your life lately? Is your walk with God close enough that He is rewarding your faith?
Gary, my man, what shall we do when people claim miracles but believe something different from what we do?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Gary, my man, what shall we do when people claim miracles but believe something different from what we do?

Is it someone we know is honest? Is it a long told tale from an org we know is corrupt?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kosher is cruel to animals and as such should not be a Christian way of getting food.

If not for religious exemptions, the EU laws would close all kosher and halal slaughterhouses.
What part is cruel? Using a sharp knife is more cruel then what?

"Jewish law is concerned with not causing pain to the animal so the knife used must be perfectly sharp and must be operated in a very fast, continuous cutting motion that quickly severs the vital parts of the animal’s organs for minimal pain. "

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What part is cruel? Using a sharp knife is more cruel then what?

"Jewish law is concerned with not causing pain to the animal so the knife used must be perfectly sharp and must be operated in a very fast, continuous cutting motion that quickly severs the vital parts of the animal’s organs for minimal pain. "
Google it what happens in practice and not just in theory, if you are interested in it. I do not wish to search those things again.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Google it what happens in practice and not just in theory, if you are interested in it. I do not wish to search those things again.
Do you know ehat happens in commercial slaughterhouses? I have a friend how used to work in one. They drive the cattle up the chute and have a guy standing above it with a sledgehammer. He hits them in the head with it. Sometimes he misses a sqaure hit on the forehead and has to get down and hit them once or twice more. Sometimes the cows are so diseased thry can't walk up the chute so they kill them and drag them in with a tractor.

Yeah, real kind process. You, as a meat eater, are partially responsible of all of this. If not for meat eaters there would be no slaughter houses.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So God gave us grass to eat after the flood? I'll stick with the Bible translators.

Birds also swarm. And fish do not eat under water grass,
Hey Gary I am only responding to this so I do not forget to look into it in more depth. Blessings to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Immediately there is problem with the above, and also most English translations: for Elohim did not give the green herb to mankind: the green herb is given for food to the beasts of the earth, the flyers of the heavens, and every roamer or creeper upon the earth.
After the fall HE Sure did.

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Gen 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

What therefore is Genesis 9:3 saying? It is teaching the difference between raw life, (chay), and living souls. Chay concerns even the most basic life forms, such as even plant life, and it appears therefore that we are being taught herein that fish are considered raw life and not living souls. This may also be understood by simple logic, reasoning, and love for our Creator: for the Almighty would not create one type of weaker living soul just to become food for the greater sea creatures which are indeed called living souls, (nephesh hachayah, Gen 1:21).

Elohim does not make one weaker living soul just to become food for a more powerful living soul: that would be against His nature and attributes, and if we love Him, then we will not make Him out to be that way in our doctrines and beliefs. Thus the text is explaining to Noah and his sons that fish which swarm in schools are not living souls but raw life, like the green herb, and counted as such, and therefore they are also now going to be for food over and above the things already given to mankind in Gen 1:29, (every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed).
Vav וּֽ is and in the clause and all fishes. This connective connects fish to the things that will fear us not the food mentioned in proceeding verse. Not that we are not to eat them. It is just not as you are saying.

Gen 9:2 וּ·מוֹרַאֲ·כֶ֤ם And the fear of you
וְ·חִתְּ·כֶם֙ and the dread of you
יִֽהְיֶ֔ה become
עַ֚ל on
כָּל־ every
חַיַּ֣ת shall be upon every beast
הָ·אָ֔רֶץ of the earth
וְ·עַ֖ל and on
כָּל־ every
ע֣וֹף and upon every fowl
הַ·שָּׁמָ֑יִם of the air
בְּ·כֹל֩ everything
אֲשֶׁ֨ר that
תִּרְמֹ֧שׂ upon all that moveth
הָֽ·אֲדָמָ֛ה [upon] the earth
וּֽ·בְ·כָל־ and all
דְּגֵ֥י fishes
הַ·יָּ֖ם of the sea
בְּ·יֶדְ·כֶ֥ם into your hand
נִתָּֽנוּ׃ are they delivered

And Chay is used over 10 times in the flood account. The instances we looked at it means life. living creature.

From Gesenius' work:
H2416 - GES2357
חַיָּה
f. constr. חַיַּת and poet. חַיְתוֹ with Vav parag. Gen 1:24, Psa 50:10, 79:2, 104:11, (comp. Gramm. § 78, note; [§ 93, 2; ] Lehrg. § 127, 3); fem. of the adjective חַי living, or, in a neutral sense, that which lives; hence-

(1) an animal, a beast; חַיָּה רָעָה a wild beast (lit. an evil beast), Gen 37:20, 33. Pl. חַיּוֹת Psa 104:25, Isa 35:9, Ezek 1:5, but more often in the sing. collect. כָּל חַיָּה all living creatures, Gen 8:17, 9:5, Lev 11:46. This word is also applied-(a) in the widest sense to beasts of all kinds, and also to aquatic creatures, Levit. loc. cit.; more frequently-(b) to quadrupeds as opposed to birds, Gen 1:30, 2:19, 8:19, 9:2, Lev 11:2, 27 11:27, 17:13, Isa 46:1.-(c) to wild animals, as opposed to tame cattle (בְּהֵמָה), Gen 1:25, 2:20, 7:14, 21 8:1, 9:10, specially to wild beasts, the meaning of which is often more fully expressed חַיַּת הַשָּׂדֶת Exod 23:11, Lev 26:22, Deut 7:22, Hosea 2:14, 13:8, Jer 12:9, Ezek 34:8, and חַיָּה רָעָה 14:15, 34:25. Arabic حَيَّةُ specially denotes a serpent.

(2) a people, Psa 68:11, a band of men, a troop, 2Sam 23:11, 13 23:13, i.q. חַוָּה No. 2. In this word the fem. living is taken collectively for those who are alive (Lehrgeb. p. 477), חַיִּים, specially for men.

(3) as a subst. life, only in poetry, i.q. חַיִּים Job 33:18, 22 33:22, 28 33:28, Psa 143:3. So in the expression נֶפֶשׁ חַיָּה with art. נֶפֶשׁ הַחַיָּה animal of life, i.e. a living creature, see נֶפֶשׁ No. 4. The term life is also applied to vigour, strength. Isa 57:10, חַיַּת יָדֵךְ מָצָאת “thou (yet) findest the life of thy hand,” i.e. vigour in thy hand. Hence-

(4) i.q. ופְנְ No 2, vital power, life, anima, to which is ascribed hunger, thirst, weariness ( Job 33:20,). מִלֵּא חַיָּה 38:39, i.q. מִלֵּא נֶפֶשׁ to fill the soul, i.e. to satisfy. Poetically חַיַּת נֶפֶשׁ is also used for the soul, desire, will, like ופְנְ No. 3; to which, besides other things, desire and blood-thirstiness are ascribed ( Psa 27:12, 41:3, ). So I interpret, 74:19, אַל־תִּתֵּן לְחַיַּת נֶפֶשׁ תּוֹרֶךָ “give not to the desire (of blood-thirsty foes [bloody-minded troop, No. 2, Ges. corr.]) thy turtle dove,” i.e. thy innocent people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

Folks, this thread had a small clean up. There is not need to aggravate each other or to flame each other.

If you are vexed by a particular member, place that member on ignore.

If you see that you are vexing a member, please refrain from posting to them.

Remember that we are fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
After the fall HE Sure did.

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Gen 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

Again, green herb, (green, yerek), not the herb of the field.

Vav וּֽ is and in the clause and all fishes. This connective connects fish to the things that will fear us not the food mentioned in proceeding verse. Not that we are not to eat them. It is just not as you are saying.

Gen 9:2 וּ·מוֹרַאֲ·כֶ֤ם And the fear of you
וְ·חִתְּ·כֶם֙ and the dread of you
יִֽהְיֶ֔ה become
עַ֚ל on
כָּל־ every
חַיַּ֣ת shall be upon every beast
הָ·אָ֔רֶץ of the earth
וְ·עַ֖ל and on
כָּל־ every
ע֣וֹף and upon every fowl
הַ·שָּׁמָ֑יִם of the air
בְּ·כֹל֩ everything
אֲשֶׁ֨ר that
תִּרְמֹ֧שׂ upon all that moveth
וּֽ·בְ·כָל־ and all
דְּגֵ֥י fishes
הַ·יָּ֖ם of the sea
בְּ·יֶדְ·כֶ֥ם into your hand
נִתָּֽנוּ׃ are they delivered

And Chay is used over 10 times in the flood account. The instances we looked at it means life. living creature.

From Gesenius' work:
H2416 - GES2357
חַיָּה
f. constr. חַיַּת and poet. חַיְתוֹ with Vav parag. Gen 1:24, Psa 50:10, 79:2, 104:11, (comp. Gramm. § 78, note; [§ 93, 2; ] Lehrg. § 127, 3); fem. of the adjective חַי living, or, in a neutral sense, that which lives; hence-

(1) an animal, a beast; חַיָּה רָעָה a wild beast (lit. an evil beast), Gen 37:20, 33. Pl. חַיּוֹת Psa 104:25, Isa 35:9, Ezek 1:5, but more often in the sing. collect. כָּל חַיָּה all living creatures, Gen 8:17, 9:5, Lev 11:46. This word is also applied-(a) in the widest sense to beasts of all kinds, and also to aquatic creatures, Levit. loc. cit.; more frequently-(b) to quadrupeds as opposed to birds, Gen 1:30, 2:19, 8:19, 9:2, Lev 11:2, 27 11:27, 17:13, Isa 46:1.-(c) to wild animals, as opposed to tame cattle (בְּהֵמָה), Gen 1:25, 2:20, 7:14, 21 8:1, 9:10, specially to wild beasts, the meaning of which is often more fully expressed חַיַּת הַשָּׂדֶת Exod 23:11, Lev 26:22, Deut 7:22, Hosea 2:14, 13:8, Jer 12:9, Ezek 34:8, and חַיָּה רָעָה 14:15, 34:25. Arabic حَيَّةُ specially denotes a serpent.

(2) a people, Psa 68:11, a band of men, a troop, 2Sam 23:11, 13 23:13, i.q. חַוָּה No. 2. In this word the fem. living is taken collectively for those who are alive (Lehrgeb. p. 477), חַיִּים, specially for men.

(3) as a subst. life, only in poetry, i.q. חַיִּים Job 33:18, 22 33:22, 28 33:28, Psa 143:3. So in the expression נֶפֶשׁ חַיָּה with art. נֶפֶשׁ הַחַיָּה animal of life, i.e. a living creature, see נֶפֶשׁ No. 4. The term life is also applied to vigour, strength. Isa 57:10, חַיַּת יָדֵךְ מָצָאת “thou (yet) findest the life of thy hand,” i.e. vigour in thy hand. Hence-

(4) i.q. ופְנְ No 2, vital power, life, anima, to which is ascribed hunger, thirst, weariness ( Job 33:20,). מִלֵּא חַיָּה 38:39, i.q. מִלֵּא נֶפֶשׁ to fill the soul, i.e. to satisfy. Poetically חַיַּת נֶפֶשׁ is also used for the soul, desire, will, like ופְנְ No. 3; to which, besides other things, desire and blood-thirstiness are ascribed ( Psa 27:12, 41:3, ). So I interpret, 74:19, אַל־תִּתֵּן לְחַיַּת נֶפֶשׁ תּוֹרֶךָ “give not to the desire (of blood-thirsty foes [bloody-minded troop, No. 2, Ges. corr.]) thy turtle dove,” i.e. thy innocent people.

I do not read Hebrew according to the Meshiah rejecting M/T.

Moreover anyone who knows even a little about Hebrew would immediately recognize, from the following post, that you do not understand Hebrew.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, green herb, (green, yerek), not the herb of the field.

I do not read Hebrew according to the Meshiah rejecting M/T.
Yet you brought up Chay and green herb.
What therefore is Genesis 9:3 saying? It is teaching the difference between raw life, (chay), and living souls. Chay concerns even the most basic life forms, such as even plant life, and it appears therefore that we are being taught herein that fish are considered raw life and not living souls. This may also be understood by simple logic, reasoning, and love for our Creator: for the Almighty would not create one type of weaker living soul just to become food for the greater sea creatures which are indeed called living souls, (nephesh hachayah, Gen 1:21).
Here is the word for beast or the Hebrew chay in Gen 9 from the LXX. Take note it does not even imply raw life form as you say.

From the BDAG - θηρίον, ου, τό (Hom.+), in form, but not always in mng., dim. of θήρ.
any living creature, excluding humans, animal, beast
of real animals
α. gener. Hb 12:20. τὰ θ. τῆς γῆς (Gen 1:24, 25, 30) B 6:12; cp. vs. 18; GJs 3:2; τῆς θαλάσσης B 4:5 (Da 7:7). W. adj. θ. ἄγρια (X., An. 1, 2, 7; TestSol 10, 3 C) 1 Cl 56:11 (Job 5:22).
β. of animals of a particular kind.
א. quadrupeds as such (Ps.-Clemens, Hom. 3, 36): Js 3:7; φυλακὴ παντὸς θηρίου ἀκαθάρτου cage for every kind of unclean animal Rv 18:2.
ב. wild animals (Diod. S. 1, 87, 3; Jos., Bell. 3, 385, Ant. 9, 197) Mk 1:13 (FSpitta, ZNW 5, 1904, 323ff; 8, 1907, 66ff.—Himerius, Or. 39 [=Or. 5], 5: Orpheus in the Thracian mountains, where he has no one to listen to him θηρίων τὴν ἐκκλησίαν ἐργάζεται=forms a community for himself from the wild animals); so perh. Ac 11:6 (s. Hs 9, 26, 1 below).—DDD 1689–92.
ג. w. emphasis on aspect of danger: gener. (Antig. Car. 29 [wolf ]; Diod. S. 17, 92, 2 and 3 [lion]; Maximus Tyr. 20, 2b; Jos., Ant. 2, 35) Rv 6:8 (cp. Hdt. 6, 44, 3); IEph 7:1.
ד. a reptile snake (Diod. S. 20, 42, 2, alternating with ὄφις; Polyaenus 2, 3, 15 with ἔχις; Aretaeus 159, 8 τὸ διὰ τ. θηρίων φάρμακον; 163, 2; Just., A I, 60, 2; Galen IV 779 K.; θήρ=snake: Simias [III B.C.], Coll. Alex. fgm. 26, 17 p. 119) Ac 28:4f; Hs 9, 26, 7b; so also ibid. 7a and prob. 9, 26, 1 w. ἑρπετά (cp. Ac 11:6; Jos., Ant. 17, 117). Cp. PtK 2 p. 14, 18.
γ. oft. of wild animals in a controlled setting, namely of fighting w. animals in an arena (Diod. S. 36, 10, 3; Artem. 2, 54; Jos., Bell. 7, 38) IRo 4:1f; 5:2f; ISm 4:2a, b; MPol 3:1; 4; 11:1f; Dg 7:7; Hv 3, 2, 1; AcPl Ha 1, 28; 2, 4; 5, 5 and 9. εἰς τὰ θηρία κατακρίνεσθαι be condemned to fight w. wild animals MPol 2:4. κατέκρινεν αὐτὸν εἰς θηρία AcPl Ha 1, 29.
of animal-like beings of a transcendent kind (Paus. 1, 24, 6 griffins; 2, 37, 4 the hydra; cp. Da 7:3ff) B 4:5 (Da 7:7). Of a monstrous dragon (schol. on Apollon. Rhod. 4, 156–66a the guardian of the golden fleece; Damascius, Vi. Isid. 140) Hv 4, 1, 6; 4, 1, 8; 4, 1, 10; 4, 2, 1; 4, 2, 3ff; 4, 3, 1 and 7 (on the monster in H, s. Joly p. 113 n. 2). The ‘beasts’ or ‘animals’ of 11:7; 13:1ff, 11f, 14f, 17f; 14:9, 11; 15:2; 16:2, 10, 13; 17:3, 7f, 11ff, 16f; 19:19f; 20:4, 10.—Lit. s.v. δράκων. BMurmelstein, StKr 101, 1929, 447–57; RSchütz, D. Offb. d. Joh. u. Kaiser Domitian ’33; PMinear, JBL 72, ’53, 93–101.
wicked person, someone w. a ‘bestial’ nature, beast, monster, fig. ext. of mng. 1 (Aristoph., Equ. 273, Plutus 439, Nub. 184; Appian [s. θηριομαχέω, end]; Alciphron 2, 17, 4 al.; Achilles Tat. 6, 12, 3; Jos., Bell. 1, 624; 627, Ant. 17, 117 and 120; cp. Vett. Val. 78, 9; BGU 1024 IV, 5ff) Tit 1:12 (Da- mascius, Vi. Isid. 301 the wife of Isid. is called a κακὸν θ.). θ. ἀνθρωπόμορφα beasts in human form (Philo, Ab. 33) ISm 4:1.—B. 137. DELG s.v. θήρ. DDD 1689–92. M-M. EDNT. TW.

In regard to Gen 1:21 nephesh is not a Greek word as you know. So why bring it up to prove a point? I am honestly perplexed that you think this relevant considering you don't read the Masoretic text or Leningrad Codex.

So with that let's look at the LXX. First off the word for fish used in chapter 9 is used in chapter 1. It is in the general sense in respect to all sea creatures there.

Second, Ketos translated whale below would also be the various fish specious that are and were then considered Mega. Which in relation to fish weren't food for any considering they have been shown to be as big as whales and where and are at the top of the food chain and eat whales.

And lastly the Greek word psuche translated lives and life below is used in respect to all that God created not just the bigger fish mentioned.

Gen 1:20 (ABP) And God said, Let [3 bring forth 1 the 2 waters] reptiles [2 lives 1 of living], and [2 winged creatures 1 flying] upon the earth below the firmament of the heaven! And it was so.
Gen 1:21 And God made the [2 whales 1 great], and every life of living creatures of reptiles which [3 brought forth 1 the 2 waters] according to their types; and every [2 winged creature 1 feathered] according to type. And God beheld that it was good.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man according to [2 image 1 our], and according to likeness! And let them control the fishes of the sea, and the winged creatures of the heaven, and the cattle, and all the earth, and all the reptiles of the ones crawling upon the earth!

I do not read Hebrew according to the Meshiah rejecting M/T. Immediately there is problem with the above, and also most English translations: for Elohim did not give the green herb to mankind: the green herb is given for food to the beasts of the earth, the flyers of the heavens, and every roamer or creeper upon the earth.

LXX then? That does not help your case either. χόρτου is the grass mentioned in Gen 9:3 that you say God had not given to mankind to eat. But the fact is as shown below in Gen 1:29 and 3:18 that it was. Please note also that the LXX in Gen 9:3 lacks the word for green. Instead it uses the word for edible vegetation. Which would be what God have given them to eat.

Gen 1:29 (ABP) And God said, Behold, I have given to you every grass fit for sowing a sowing of seed which is upon the earth, and every tree which has in itself a fruit seed fit for sowing; to you it will be for food,
Gen 1:30 and to all the wild beasts of the earth, and to all the winged creatures of the heaven, and to every reptile crawling upon the earth, which has in itself breath of life, even every [2 grass 1 green] for food. And it was so.
Gen 2:5 and every green field before it existed upon the earth, and all grass of the field before its rising, [4 did not 1 for 5 rain 2 the LORD 3 God] upon the earth, and [3 man 2 no 1 there was] to work it.
Gen 3:18 Thorn-bushes and thistles will rise to you, and you will eat the grass of the field.
Gen 9:3 And every reptile which is living shall be to you for food; as [3 vegetation 4 of grass 1 I have given 5 to you 2 all].

Vegetation as defined by the BDAG-
λάχανον, ου, τό (Cratinus et al.; pap, LXX; Jos., Bell. 5, 437; Just., D. 20, 3) edible garden herb, vegetable Mt 13:32; Mk 4:32. πᾶν λάχανον every kind of garden herb Lk 11:42.—Of one who is a vegetarian for religious reasons ὁ ἀσθενῶν λάχανα ἐσθίει the one who is weak (in convictions) eats (only) vege- tables Ro 14:2 (cp. the Neopythagoreans in Diog. L. 8, 38 ἐσθίουσι λάχανα; Philostrat., Vi. Apoll. 1, 8 λάχανα ἐσιτεῖτο.— JHaussleiter, D. Vegetarismus in der Antike ’35; DTsekourakis, ANRW II/36/1, ’87, 366–93). B. 369.—DELG s.v. λαχαίνω. M-M. TW.

Incidentally the LXX also uses a connective in the clause "and upon all the fishes of the sea". In this instance it is the Greek word KAI. And as does the Hebrew it connects the clause to what was previously mentioned. Which is the list of things that fear and tremble us after the flood not as you say.

Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and trembling will be upon all the wild beasts of the earth, upon all the winged creatures of the heaven, and upon all the things moving upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea. Under your hands I have given them to you.

Moreover anyone who knows even a little about Hebrew would immediately recognize, from the following post, that you do not understand Hebrew.
We ALL are learning and growing. Probably best not to posture huh? What was said about Vav וּֽ in the clause "and all fishes." is very true. This connective connects fish to the things that will fear us not the food mentioned in proceeding verse. Not that we are not to eat them. It is just not as you are saying.
וּֽ·בְ·כָל־ and all
דְּגֵ֥י fishes

And the fact that your use of Chay is not how Moses used it in the surrounding text is also seen. It is used over 10 times in the flood account. The instances we looked at it means life. living creature not what you say. Here is a partial list.

Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. KJV
Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. KJV
Gen 9:5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. KJV
Gen 9:10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth. KJV
Gen 9:15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. KJV
Gen 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. KJV
Gen 8:19 Every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark. KJV
Gen 8:1 And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged; KJV
Gen 7:22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. KJV
Gen 7:21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: KJV

From Gesenius' work in respect to how the word is used.:
H2416 - GES2357
חַיָּה

(4) i.q. ופְנְ No 2, vital power, life, anima, to which is ascribed hunger, thirst, weariness ( Job 33:20,). מִלֵּא חַיָּה 38:39, i.q. מִלֵּא נֶפֶשׁ to fill the soul, i.e. to satisfy. Poetically חַיַּת נֶפֶשׁ is also used for the soul, desire, will, like ופְנְ No. 3; to which, besides other things, desire and blood-thirstiness are ascribed ( Psa 27:12, 41:3, ). So I interpret, 74:19, אַל־תִּתֵּן לְחַיַּת נֶפֶשׁ תּוֹרֶךָ “give not to the desire (of blood-thirsty foes [bloody-minded troop, No. 2, Ges. corr.]) thy turtle dove,” i.e. thy innocent people

You should refrain from making comments about others. It is not what we are suppose to be doing here and As was said we are all learning.

Thanks for finding that thread though. I looked for it when GOD shown me my error and I could not find it and then forgot about it, I misread one of my references and will note that on the OP. Thank you for bringing it up so I can repent fully. We will do so here shortly.

Upvote 0