✟68,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Sometimes when I'm working on schoolwork, simply doing something in my daily life, or think about something important, I get certain thoughts about God that causes me to get distracted. Moreover, sometimes when the thoughts get really overwhelming, I have to lay down (or take a nap) because 1, the thoughts are exhausting, and 2, going to sleep is the only way I can escape those thoughts (I usually wake up feeling relieved).

I know that God is omnipresent, but when these thoughts get very overwhelming, I sometimes pray and ask him to leave me alone too.

Is it normal for God to distract people?

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
God is not distracting you. Your mind is doing that, or maybe its a demonic attack etc.

2 Thessalonians 3:16
bible-verses-about-peace-18-1585863026.jpg

GETTY IMAGES
“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.”

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Sometimes when I'm working on schoolwork, simply doing something in my daily life, or think about something important, I get certain thoughts about God that causes me to get distracted. Moreover, sometimes when the thoughts get really overwhelming, I have to lay down (or take a nap) because 1, the thoughts are exhausting, and 2, going to sleep is the only way I can escape those thoughts (I usually wake up feeling relieved).

I know that God is omnipresent, but when these thoughts get very overwhelming, I sometimes pray and ask him to leave me alone too.

schoolwork, simply doing something in your daily life, or thinking about something important is not usually harmful, but good for you - so i doubt God is distracting you from such things; He distracts you from things that are bad for you (if you let Him) :)

you can recognize God by His word - what are these distracting thoughts you are having that you think might be from God?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi,

No. God is the author of peace, not confusion. He speaks to the inner man, not the mind. He also needs very few words to convey His truth to us. Our minds belong to us. If we have a thought that we did not choose to think, it is from the devil and not you and not God. You can command the spirit that gave you the thoughts to leave your mind and not return. The scriptural basis for this is 2 Corinthians 5:10

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0