Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
is drinking itself a sin can you get drunk once in a while like at a party or is it a sin in anyway? I don't mean drunk like on the floor crawling and throwing up I mean like a relaxing drunk
YES.
Works of the flesh. Condemned in the epistles. Not righteous living.
If you permit alcohol, then why not cigarettes, or marijuana?
When one is born again, then one is cleansed and set free from addictions of the flesh.
A new person in Christ has no need for alcohol, etc.

Upvote 0

BenjamintheWolf

Apr 24, 2017
Atlanta
✟18,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I won't pretend to know the exact answer but I do have some insight according to scripture and personal experience. Before the birth of Biblical figures like John the Baptist and Sampson their parents are commanded that they never drink any alcohol so that they may be filled with the Holy Spirit. The entire body of Christians are given the same instruction with regards to Alcohol and its disruption of the holy spirit in Hebrews.

I believe that there is a function performed by the human brain; let's call it an antenna. That allows us to communicate with and through the Holy Spirit. Said mind function is shut down by drinking.

As a new Christian and former drinker I testify to the following; The day I realized that the Bible was the unabashed, undisputed word of God and experienced the physical sensation of the Holy Spirit in worship, study and prayer I simply lost the desire to drink. I would much rather have an evening with the spirit than any amount of beer.

In this instance, how you choose to behave might not be a question of sin or righteousness, but a question of faith. The day you realize how much joy there is simply living with God and with him in you the desire for chemical sensation or reservation to the idea there-of becomes an afterthought.

Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
"will my drinking cause someone else to come to harm, or will it influence their relationship or potential relationship with Jesus?"
You make a very good point in respect to one's own testimony and walk and how this does influence others.

Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall
in his brother's way. Romans 14:13

But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to them that are weak.
1 Corinthians 8:9

Upvote 0