Astridhere

Jul 30, 2011
I live in rural NSW, Australia
✟1,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is evolution a lie? A question raised in another thread.

Hey there

I would not say evolution is a lie. I see it more as a faith in an interpretation of data, both fossil, genomic and relating to dating.

Biblical creationists do not deny what is observed, they deny it will lead to macroevolution and are able to reinterpret what is observed to provide as good a theoretical base as evolutionists, I think anyway.

Do you think evolution is a lie and why?

Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you say "Jesus is Lord"? The only thing I can say that is truth is, Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. My belief in evolution or not means nothing to me compared to Christ in me, the hope of glory. This world will be purged by fire and nothing that is not built of Him will even pass through the fire. Just hope that everyone here gets through the fire of testing though the works do not have an eternal reward. And that is the basic thing about the seen world. Those seen things are temporal, but the unseen things are eternal. If anything pulls you from Christ, then it has to go. Otherwise you trade Christ with fill in the blank. :)

Upvote 0

Mess

Jun 12, 2010
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hey there

I would not say evolution is a lie. I see it more as a faith in an interpretation of data, both fossil, genomic and relating to dating.

Biblical creationists do not deny what is observed, they deny it will lead to macroevolution and are able to reinterpret what is observed to provide as good a theoretical base as evolutionists, I think anyway.

Do you think evolution is a lie and why?
Actually that's just it, there is no absolute proof of evolution in fossils, genomic, or dating methods. In fact, dating methods are unreliable, transitional forms have never been found(which even evolutionsts admit, is quite odd, because if species truly developped as evolutionists claim, every specy would have spent most time in transitional forms)

My opinion based on the complete lack of evidence on the evolutionist side of the debate, complete and utter farce. A lie, and the greatest hoax in history. It requires you to absolutely turn away from any rational and logical thinking, not to mention completely ignoring scientific laws to begin with. Yeah I'm going to follow a theory like that, oh wait I won't. Blind faith, ridiculous to rest your eternal fate on such a thing.

Just research evolution for yourself, and start out with a completely blank mind, open to whatever way it leads you. You'll see, there is little of it that truly makes sense.

Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well even the bible can be read and not make any sense. I could not answer any questions about the bible when I was very young and it made me feel dejected. But the only source of good information I remember is that Got ist liba was German for God is love and love is the most important thing, even above faith and hope according to scripture. Now abide these three, faith, hope, and love but the greatest of these is love. It is when we put our faith and trust in Christ that we truly start to understand the bible. The Holy Spirit is given, and it searches the deep things of God. It takes of the Father and gives it to us. This cannot be understood by anyone that is not born-again. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. Until then there is always the counterfeit. :)

Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, no one can say but by the Spirit that Jesus is Lord and noone who does that call Him accursed. That would be the spirit of the antichrist and that comes with the man of sin or perdition or lawlessness. Where you find rebellion, you find lawlessness at times. And rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. So even the punk community is under the sway of jezebel, and prophets of baal. But evolution may disguise itself under the banner of laws and principals. I find by observation many things in the animal kingdom line up with survival of the fittest and adaption of species but I do not find any case of small mutations from one species to another. Everything truly is made in its kind. Humans are an exception to survival of the fittest for the bit of charity, love, and compassion for those in the dumps, which is an indication of one who is saved. For those who do for the least of these have done it to Christ and those who have not, have not done it to Christ. Jesus says those will gnash their teeth and go to the lake of fire prepared for the devil and his fallen angels. Those humans that adhere to survival of the fittest might as well be a part of the animal kingdom. They act like animals. But animals will not suffer the same fate as humans who act like animals. We do have a way to adapt as humans but usually we just find out our talents and live by using those. Diligence and integrity are usually rewarded greatly and wickedness sometime make people rich, but wickedness to gain riches through filthy lucer will make itself wings and fly away. These rich will weep and howl for the misery that will come upon them and their goods will rust and be a witness against them and eat their flesh like fire, according to James, by the Holy Ghost and ultimately according to the word of God. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Astridhere

Jul 30, 2011
I live in rural NSW, Australia
✟1,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all

I guess the only thing I have to add is tha I hate evos saying creationists are ignorant. This is the basis for not using the word liars when I describe evolutionists. The word 'Liars' to me implies they purposefully tell untruths. I am not sure this is the case.

Rather, it is mostly the glossy side to the theory of evolution that is presented to the community, a community that relies on what they are being told. This is more a biased representation than a lie, I'd say. Calling evolutionists liars is somewhat unnecessarily provocative. Many people are guilty of ignoring that which is uncomfortable. However, yes, the community need to hear all sides to arrive at an informed decision.

So much of the public don't even know what an allele is. They can only listen to others and the loudest voices. They cannot really be liars if they do not understand what they are saying and are fed TOE as fact in schools. Many simply repeat what they are taught.

Upvote 0

zaksmummy

Jul 6, 2007
Chesterfield
✟10,866.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

I think evolution is a convenient way for people who dont believe in God to make sense of where they came from.

If you acknowledge that God make the heavens and the earth then you have to acknowledge God. If you acknowledge God, you have to do something with that knowledge.

Upvote 0
C

Celtic D

Hey all

I guess the only thing I have to add is tha I hate evos saying creationists are ignorant. This is the basis for not using the word liars when I describe evolutionists. The word 'Liars' to me implies they purposefully tell untruths. I am not sure this is the case.

Evolutionists are no more ignorant than they are liars - they are neither ignorant or liars

Rather, it is mostly the glossy side to the theory of evolution that is presented to the community, a community that relies on what they are being told. This is more a biased representation than a lie, I'd say.
The exact same can be said for creationist teaching.

Calling evolutionists liars is somewhat unnecessarily provocative.
And also untrue. I asked if evolution is a lie, there is a difference. If that is being provocative then I am being provocative to myself seeing as I am a Theistic Evolutionist :)

Many people are guilty of ignoring that which is uncomfortable.
Yes, and Christians are very guilty of that. I have found in discussions with other Christains that very few are willing to look outside their comfort zone and get very defensive if you challenge their viewpoint :(

However, yes, the community need to hear all sides to arrive at an informed decision.
Indeed, I agree - BOTH sides

So much of the public don't even know what an allele is. They can only listen to others and the loudest voices. They cannot really be liars if they do not understand what they are saying and are fed TOE as fact in schools. Many simply repeat what they are taught.
Most people are taught basic biology in school, so I am pretty sure they do know what they are talking about.

In fact what you say applies more so to creationists who repeat parrot fashion what is said on creation science websites - thing is the science doesn't hold up on these websites.

Upvote 0
C

Celtic D

I think evolution is a convenient way for people who dont believe in God to make sense of where they came from.

If you acknowledge that God make the heavens and the earth then you have to acknowledge God. If you acknowledge God, you have to do something with that knowledge.

It is also a convenient way for people who DO believe in God to make sense of where we came from - it is the mechanism by which God created us!

Upvote 0

Mess

Jun 12, 2010
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
It is also a convenient way for people who DO believe in God to make sense of where we came from - it is the mechanism by which God created us!
Why do we need to create a mechanism, when God far transcends any of our ideas and conceptions? God is far more powerful than any of us can imagine. Is your God really that small, that powerless, that he needs evolution to create the universe? If you need to explain everything through so called science(which really has never produced any evidence backing their claims), how then do you explain miracles? I'm so tired of Christians, that are underestimating God's awesome power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

Celtic D

Why do we need to create a mechanism, when God far transcends any of our ideas and conceptions? God is far more powerful than any of us can imagine. Is your God really that small, that powerless, that he needs evolution to create the universe? If you need to explain everything through so called science(which really has never produced any evidence backing their claims), how then do you explain miracles? I'm so tired of Christians, that are underestimating God's awesome power.

We didn't create the mechanism, God did.

And I will thank you not to trash my Lord and Saviour - who is incidently also your Lord and Saviour if you claim to be a Christian.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I would say that our current understanding of the facts we have to hand makes evolution a perfectly valid theory. It certainly comes closer to explaining the physical and biological artifacts we have than any other current theory. That doesn't necessarily make it the correct answer but it is better than any other we have.

Upvote 0

Mess

Jun 12, 2010
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I would say that our current understanding of the facts we have to hand makes evolution a perfectly valid theory. It certainly comes closer to explaining the physical and biological artifacts we have than any other current theory. That doesn't necessarily make it the correct answer but it is better than any other we have.
Actually, if it answers physical and biological artifacts, why then are there so many irregularities in them? I mean we find fossils in rock layers, that are supposedly millions of years older, or younger, than the ones we are supposed to find those fossils in. Something doesn't quite sit right with that, does it? Why then are there no transitional forms?(and even if there were, how did any transitional forms survive? how can a bird survive with only half a wing? and how did it decide it even needed a wing? how can a knee function without all of it's part? or the digestive system, or an eye? Or how did bacteria survive, despite the extreme complexity of it's flayels, in which if one part of the 10000 isn't positioned right, it doesn't work at all? Not to mention questions like, how did life come from none life, which is scientifically impossible? How can there be an effect without a cause? And what are we to do, with the first two laws of thermodynamics? Or with the scientific fact, that microevolution, never changes DNA, but only uses data that is already there?) Why is it mathmatically impossible for evolution to be true? Why then do we need to ignore half of science to squirm ourselves to believe a theory? Ah well I'm done discussing this, enjoy your ignorance, I'm out. But before I go, I want to leave you all with this quote from Richard Lewontin,

"Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs... in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism...

Moreover, that materialsm is absolute, for we cannot allow a divine foot in the door. To appeal to an omnipotent deity is to allow that at any moment the regularities may be ruptured, that miracles may happen.[Emphasis in the original]"

But yeah only people like me question evolution. Dream on, shove your head deeper in the sand, and hide yourself from the truth. Great bet for your eternal fate.

Now I'm going to throw some parts that make up a watch in a shoebox an shake it for a little while, according to evolution, if I just shake long enough, I will get a watch.

EDIT: Half hour of shaking, still no watch... I want a new watch, why doesn't evolution provide it for me?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

theFijian

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
West of Scotland
Visit site
✟63,625.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

No. People conflate the scientific theory with the purely materialist philosophy which you could call 'evolutionism'. The former is simply a description of the natural world, the latter is an atheistic worldview which denies of God (amongst other things). Unfortunately many who profess to be wise cannot see the difference between the two (admittedly it is subtle and not readily obvious). Christians have nothing to fear from modern scientific discovery neither do they have to force a science into the Bible or vice-versa.

Upvote 0