big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Where did you get the idea that it was a sin?!!! That would make me a terrible sinner!!!! :)

There are a lot of health benefits apparently - article from a medical doctor from a health website Health Benefits of Coffee - WebMD.

Now there are warnings about getting drunk in the Bible but nothing about warnings about drinking coffee to wake you up etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Morphane

Jan 7, 2009
✟15,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Next thing someone will ask if breathing is a sin.

Even if one avoids every possible sin, if they don't have love, they are futile. You can be a drug addicted prostitute and enter Heaven before a teetotal bible reading church attending goody two shoes, if one has love, and the other does not.

Forget about sin and just worry about LOVE.

Reactions: tansy
Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
uh-oh, i'm going to hell...
coffeebath.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my conscious clubbed me over the head. my answer was given in reps and said:
"not in my opinion, unless you drink so much that it hurts your kidneys. xo dee"
it's a question that attracts the silly side of us; but it's a great question. we never know who is called to not drink caffinated drinks. *dee runs off to behave* ;)

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If one knows or believes something is bad for them , it may well be defiling to their conscience to continue to partake . But is coffee really bad for us ? In some instances it is , like in excess , or if taken in combination with poor dietary practices . Coffee depletes certain B vitamins , so if one's diet allows for good sources of those B vitamins ( Nutritional yeast is one really good one ) , then a moderate amount of coffee is likely to not be harmful... but if one is lacking a good source of B vitamins , then perhaps even a little coffee would be a negative , much more than a positive . Coffee does have some beneficial antioxidants and medicinal effects . Certain denominations consider drinking coffee a " sin " , or at least a foolish practice ; but most folks accept , that in moderation ( along with a decent diet otherwise ) , it's not a problem , for most of us .

wm

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since it isn't good for you, like smoking?

Drugs is drugs. If its not for medical purposes. What would we tell someone who smokes pot every morning before going to work, and claims they can function properly or need it to function. Does that make the pot ok to smoke? You can drink coffee in moderation, but can't you smoke pot in moderation too? If we're condemning smoking then why not coffee. Maybe because it is just so culturally accepted.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Next thing someone will ask if breathing is a sin.

Even if one avoids every possible sin, if they don't have love, they are futile. You can be a drug addicted prostitute and enter Heaven before a teetotal bible reading church attending goody two shoes, if one has love, and the other does not.

Forget about sin and just worry about LOVE.

I don't agree with this statement. God has called us out of darkness into his light. Sin and its penalty is what God desires to save us from then why should we forget about it. In the end, when sin is dealt with, if we are wrapped up in it, we're going down too.

Upvote 0