Oct 9, 2005
✟1,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is truly frustrating when the worst examples of Christianity today are taken to be representations of Christians as a whole.

Personally, as a follower of Jesus Christ, I find most (if not all with the exception of a few) megachurch pastors and televangelists to be totally opposite of the basic tenants of Christianity. I hear them calling for war with Iran as a wonderous event to bring the return of Christ closer. I hear them calling for the assassination of foreign leaders. I've even seen video of pastors telling their congregations to give up their freedom even if it is to a corrupt and wicked government. It is absolutely shameful.

I'm noticing that it is more and more trendy to be against Christianity and belief in God in general. Perhaps this is because of what I'm trying to point out? I don't blame individuals who turn away from this madness thinking that, 'if that's Christianity (or religion) i don't want to have anything to do with it.' However, there is another side that many of them havn't seen, I think, a much more appealing side.

For agnostics and undecided individuals the most vocal among so called mainstream Christianity are seen to be the representatives of all the rest. This is not the case. More and more people are retreating to their homes to have services with family and friends because of these very things.

For my fellow followers of Jesus Christ, lead by example.

Upvote 0

ParsonJefferson

just LOVES the flagrantly biased moderating here
Mar 14, 2006
✟12,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is truly frustrating when the worst examples of Christianity today are taken to be representations of Christians as a whole.

Personally, as a follower of Jesus Christ, I find most (if not all with the exception of a few) megachurch pastors and televangelists to be totally opposite of the basic tenants of Christianity. I hear them calling for war with Iran as a wonderous event to bring the return of Christ closer. I hear them calling for the assassination of foreign leaders. I've even seen video of pastors telling their congregations to give up their freedom even if it is to a corrupt and wicked government. It is absolutely shameful.

I'm noticing that it is more and more trendy to be against Christianity and belief in God in general. Perhaps this is because of what I'm trying to point out? I don't blame individuals who turn away from this madness thinking that, 'if that's Christianity (or religion) i don't want to have anything to do with it.' However, there is another side that many of them havn't seen, I think, a much more appealing side.

For agnostics and undecided individuals the most vocal among so called mainstream Christianity are seen to be the representatives of all the rest. This is not the case. More and more people are retreating to their homes to have services with family and friends because of these very things.

For my fellow followers of Jesus Christ, lead by example.
Who are these "Mega-Church Pastors" you're referring to?

The only one I can think of that could POSSIBLY fit that description would be John Hagee. And I'll grant you that one.

But when you're talking "mega-church" technically you're talking about a church with more than 2,000 members. And I think you've horribly broad-brushed hundreds (if not thousands) of pastors without even knowing their names!

Upvote 0

FTPolice

Mar 2, 2008
✟15,719.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Christianity can never be beaten!!! Ever!

The King of Christianity is the KING of kings. HE created the entire universe; how is HE going to be beaten? It can't happen.

Yes, I know that the first thing out of your mouth will be what about the cross? Der.

HE voluntarily laid His life down. HE did not get beaten. HE did the exact will of God.

HE won! HE rose up form the dead.

SOLI DEO GLORIA.

Upvote 0