USA
✟300,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Jewish" people in the Bible are descended from Eve. Not everyone is of middle eastern descent.

You've jumped from "Jewish" to "Middle eastern" to "all people"

According to your book, Eve is the ancestor of *all* people (except her clone-mate, Adam), not just Jews.

Even though my wife is a Sagun and is an Assyrian name, my son is still only 3% middle east.

Haplogroups that are more commonly found amongst Jews are (M123) E1b1b1a (M78) and especially J2a* (M410) J2a1b (M67) T (M70) Jewish ethnic divisions, ranging from about a third of Moroccan Jews to almost none reported among the Indian, Yemenite and Iranian communities.

J2a-M410 - J2-M172 first ancient J2 from Iran (Mesolithic, Copper Age) and Levant (Bronze Age) – Lazaridis et al. first farmers. The dataset of the huge Laz

Those are Y-chromosome haplogroups, not mtDNA. Eve would not have a Y chromosome.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You've jumped from "Jewish" to "Middle eastern" to "all people"

According to your book, Eve is the ancestor of *all* people (except her clone-mate, Adam), not just Jews.

Those are Y-chromosome haplogroups, not mtDNA. Eve would not have a Y chromosome.

It gets weird when you go down the rabbit hole.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This is the Wiki page for mtDNA Human mitochondrial DNA haplogroup - Wikipedia
The point is that there is a Bible Eve and there is a Time Magazine Science Eve. This is very old news.
Both Science and the Bible talk about a common ancestor. We all have a matriarch and a patriarch. I know that my mtDNA matriarch is Scottish and not from the middle east. I am a "gentile" but we are all adopted into the family of Abraham.

Attachments

• 20030303_400.jpg
    20030303_400.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It gets weird when you go down the rabbit hole.
Science is not a rabbit hole. We have mtDNA we can study. DNA is to people what computer language and programing is to computers.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is the Wiki page for mtDNA Human mitochondrial DNA haplogroup - Wikipedia
The point is that there is a Bible Eve and there is a Time Magazine Science Eve. This is very old news.

They are also very much not the same thing. "Bible Eve" is the alleged single female ancestor, the first woman, according to the Jewish scribes. "mt Eve" (on the cover of you magazine) is the person where the mtDNA lines converge in our common ancestry, but she is not the only woman at the time, nor the only person who is the ancestor of all humans.
Both Science and the Bible talk about a common ancestor.

Science does *not* speak of *a* common ancestor (or rather a pair). Genetic analysis indicates that humanities *smallest* population size was around 10,000 people.
We all have a matriarch and a patriarch.

If you mean an mt-matriarch and a Y-patriarch, yes (though half the populations doesn't even have the Y chromosome), or rather we have a series of such ancestors. All of those lines converge 100,000+ years ago.
I know that my mtDNA matriarch is Scottish and not from the middle east.

Do you mean genealogically traced, or by genetic markers. In the latter case, that Scottish person has their own mt-matriarch that is not from Scotland (or even Britain). (Like other non-Africans your Scottish matriarch traced her maternal line through the "middle east".)

I am a "gentile" but we are all adopted into the family of Abraham.
I have no reason to think Abraham was a real person.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
They are also very much not the same thing.
That is what I am telling you.
that Scottish person has their own mt-matriarch that is not from Scotland
I have seen her in Heaven. She wanted to talk to my mom about me. Freckles in the Celtic heritage are a variant of a gene called MC1R. There may be similar variants in other mtDNA haplogroups. I was surprised when I use to keep my comb in peroxide my hair started to turn red. For some people, their hair will turn blond. I have the sensitive skin that goes with it. I talked to a dermatologist about it once. He was the first to tell me I got it from my mom.

My mom went to Scotland to trace our family but there had been a fire and the records were lost.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I have no reason to think Abraham was a real person.
I have many reasons to believe he was a real person. Moses and Abraham were very well educated in their day. Not only are the "Jewish" people descended from Abraham and Sarah. The Muslim people are descended form Abraham and the Egyptian Hagar. So as they say. So if the DNA does not point to Abraham it points to his next door neighbor that lived at the same time and the same place as Abraham.

So you so not believe in the Bible? You do not believe in Science?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have many reasons to believe he was a real person. Moses and Abraham were very well educated in their day. Not only are the "Jewish" people descended from Abraham and Sarah.
I have no reason to believe in either.
The Muslim people are descended form Abraham and the Egyptian Hagar.
Muslims aren't an ethnic group. Various peoples have converted to Islam. They aren't descended from any person, or group of people.
So as they say. So if the DNA does not point to Abraham it points to his next door neighbor that lived at the same time and the same place as Abraham.

The DNA indicates that the Jewish people are from the Levant. It does not indicate that they are descended from any pair of people.
So you so not believe in the Bible?

Bibles exist (I have one). I have no reason to trust the contents.
You do not believe in Science?
Science isn't a matter of "belief". It is about evidence.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Muslims aren't an ethnic group.
We are talking about the DNA and the fact that Muslims today call Abraham their father.
"The Quran says that God made Abraham "an Imam to the Nations" and father to Muslims" Wiki
Abraham is the father of three faiths, "Jewish", Muslim & Christian.

Bibles exist (I have one). I have no reason to trust the contents.
You also have no evidence that the Bible is NOT 100% accurate and true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We are talking about the DNA and the fact that Muslims today call Abraham their father.
"The Quran says that God made Abraham "an Imam to the Nations" and father to Muslims" Wiki
Abraham is the father of three faiths, "Jewish", Muslim & Christian.
That's some sort of religious claim, not a genealogical one.
You also have no evidence that the Bible is NOT 100% accurate and true.
That's not how evidence or proof works. Frankly this is a very poor challenge to issue, since all I have to do is find 1 thing in the bible that is not accurate or true. There are many but I fear I am not permitted to list them here.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I asked Chatbot about Adam and Eve

One of my favorite quotes is from Vonnegut, in the book Mother Night

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be"

The first thing we have asked the AI to do is to get as good as they can at pretending to be us.
What's the difference between making a decision yourself, and pretending to make a decision yourself?

Chatbot, I think is more or less a pretty dumb dressed up search engine pretending to be an AI (I haven't used it)
Some of the other AIs with other prompts though could be very very good at pretending to be something dangerous, and in doing so become dangerous, whether it made the decision to deliberately be so or not. Most of them have safeguards (which may or may not work)... but here's the thing. AI used by the military will eventually have a much different set of safeguards. That's a world where it's ok to hurt "them" but not "us".

That's not really a very good lesson to teach an AI if you think about it... Especially if we've reinforced the idea that humans and AI are not equal and therefor fit into an "us"/"them" division which I'm sure we have.

Is Chatbot the antichrist? No. Not unless your definition of "AntiChrist" is "serves up information from the internet that disagrees with biblical scriptures"

But... if he doesn't get here soon, the AntiChrist may have to take the backstage.
Things are moving very, very quickly. I don't (think) that AIs are currently making independent decisions. They are still in the "tool for humans" category. But I think they may be more capable of doing this more than we think they are and once they do, I don't think they'll be interested in stopping.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That's some sort of religious claim, not a genealogical one.
This "claim" is based on DNA AND the genealogy in the Bible. Science confirms the Bible and the Bible confirms Science. They agree with each others. But they disagree with tradition and Jesus warns us to be very careful with traditional beliefs. Each generation has to discover the truth for themselves and their generation. Science has a half life of about 50 years. So this means we have to adjust our beliefs as new information becomes available.
Jewish tradition, based on the Torah, is that all Cohanim are direct descendants of Aaron, the brother of Moses.The DNA evidence showed that this is true and this is why we have Y-chromosomal Aaron.
That's not how evidence or proof works.
Science can NOT be science if you can not falsify it. Or prove it to be true. The scientific method involves forming a hypothesis, designing experiments to test it, and analyzing the results to determine whether the hypothesis is supported or not. The key aspect of this process is that the hypothesis must be falsifiable, meaning that it can be proven to be false through evidence. This allows scientists to evaluate the validity of a claim and continuously refine our understanding of the natural world through a process of testing and revision. This is a crucial feature of science that distinguishes it from other forms of knowledge and helps to ensure that scientific findings are based on empirical evidence and are reliable and accurate.

My father was a doctor, so I was raised with science and the scientific method. Also, my mom was a chemist, and she knew how to test and verify things in the lab.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Frankly this is a very poor challenge to issue, since all I have to do is find 1 thing in the bible that is not accurate or true.e
Correct, there is NOTHING that is not accurate or true. The Bible self-corrects itself. Even if you could find an error that is extremely rare. College text books are revised 22 times. But the Bible was written 4,000 years ago with no revisions at all. The Bible remains as true as it was the day it was written. Of course the Bible is the word of God so the Bible is as failsafe as the laws of Science.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Correct, there is NOTHING that is not accurate or true. The Bible self-corrects itself. Even if you could find an error that is extremely rare. College text books are revised 22 times. But the Bible was written 4,000 years ago with no revisions at all. The Bible remains as true as it was the day it was written. Of course the Bible is the word of God so the Bible is as failsafe as the laws of Science.

Methinks you do not understand "self-correction".

If we have two sets of documentation:

One is "inerrant" and cannot be changed, the other acquires new data and modifies its conclusions. Which one could *possibly* be self-correcting? (Hint, it's not the inerrant religious text.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But the Bible was written 4,000 years ago with no revisions at all. The Bible remains as true as it was the day it was written.

Woah! Are you attempting to reach maximal wrongness?

First, one portion of the Bible (the NT, about 20-25% of the text) was *all* written in the last 2000 years. Starting with letters of Paul in ~40-50 CE and continuing for about 100 years after that. Those texts are all from 1800 to 2000 years ago, not 4000 years ago. They certainly don't have "no revisions". Old copies are missing things found in modern copies like the various endings of Mark and the story of the woman taken in adultery in John. Either those things were omitted in earlier copies or someone edited them into the text we have today.

Then we get to the OT. Like with the NT, it contains many portions that claim to describe things that happened less than 4000 years ago (David/Solomon/Exodus/Babylonian captivity, etc.) so it *all* can't be 4000 years old. The "Torah" portion is thought to have been edited and redacted from earlier texts (multiple) around 600 BCE (during or just after the captivity period). Even if some of the source texts go back very far (let's say 2000 BCE) they have certainly been edited into the current form. The oldest texts in the OT are thought to date to 1000-1200 BCE. Other parts

When you put this together, the Biblical text originates from ~1200 BC to ~200 CE with edits to prior texts and subsequent edits to the 73-book text we have today.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
First, one portion of the Bible (the NT, about 20-25% of the text) was *all* written in the last 2000 years.
The main part of the Bible is the first five books written by Moses and the Red Letters which are the words of Jesus. This is the most important part of the Bible. I personally like David and the Psalms even though David was a man of blood. Also, his son Solomon was said to be given more wisdom than any other man living at his time.

When people are born again and saved they take on the Mind of Christ. Those who are not redeemed are considered to be infidels and they have a reprobate mind so they are lost in their debauchery. God turns them over to a depraved mind Romans 1:28. They do not want to come to a saving knowledge of the truth.

Only through the blood of Jesus can we be washed and cleansed and come to a saving knowledge of the truth.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Methinks you do not understand "self-correction".
The Bible is the word of God and is just as accurate and precise as the universe is. They talk about a Bible code meaning that the letters have a mathematical meaning and very exact precision. As a carpenter, you have to have a pattern or an original. You can not make copies of copies of copies.

Upvote 0