Is Catholicism the Same as Christianity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if you are aware, you only have 2 posts as of the time of this reply. Christian Forums generally discourages the type of questions you have posed here. Not that you are right or wrong, just not an ideal thing to go around questioning other believers faith. Jesus did after all say whoever believes in Me will live. No distinction between Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal, or whatever. Denominations are just man made organizations in his view anyway. Just be aware if you haven't already gotten one, that such questions generally result in messages from the leadership that are not pleasant. :) God bless

Why be afraid to discuss truths? And why be afraid to firmly identify that which is Christian from that which is heresy? Or does Christian Forums not believe that people can have a gracious discussion and be in complete disagreement with one another?

We are not going to all be on the same page when it comes to belief systems. Some issues are just preferences, while some issues are absolutely foundational and salvific determinants. It is important to be able to discuss all topics without fear of being politically correct.

To warn someone of sin is to love them as Christ did when He warned the Pharisees. Christ did not shy away from the difficult discussions.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The answer is "no" to your question Washida.

Through the Catholic Church you are able to receive 'all' of Jesus' Holy Blessed Sacraments of Love that Jesus and God The Most High gave to all of God's Holy Apostles through His Priests and that Jesus gave to His Disciples BC, during Jesus' life here on Earth and A.D.

In relation to God's Holy Word - all of Jesus Christ our Saviour's Holy Word within His New Testament are taught by the Catholic Church through sermons delivered by Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit's appointed.

OnlybyGrace84,

If you read Holy Scriptures you will discover that Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit through Jesus' Disciples founded God's Universal Church of which there are many denominations, one being Jesus' Catholic Church of which is of course made through and by Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit by Jesus Christ our Saviour:

Jesus said to Peter His Disciple:

"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades shall not overpower it."

I am able to post a page of Holy Scriptures within the Acts of The Apostles that clearly teach that Jesus through His Disciples founded God's Universal Church.

Love and kindest wishes your Sister in Jesus Christ our Saviour

And the Universal church is not the Roman Catholic church of today. They are not the same thing.

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed for staff review!

Keep in mind the following rules:

Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.

Congregational Forum Restrictions
Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum.

you a
Respectful questions are one thing, but there needs to be respect for what forum you are posting in!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.