Is Catholicism the Same as Christianity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

washida

Oct 17, 2014
✟15,112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Wherever the bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." Ignatius of Antioch Letter to the Smyrnaeans. About the year 107 others realised: Christianity = Catholicism :)

But don't they go against some things of the bible. Like they do things that God says not to do?

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But don't they go against some things of the bible. Like they do things that God says not to do?

Not sure if you are aware, you only have 2 posts as of the time of this reply. Christian Forums generally discourages the type of questions you have posed here. Not that you are right or wrong, just not an ideal thing to go around questioning other believers faith. Jesus did after all say whoever believes in Me will live. No distinction between Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal, or whatever. Denominations are just man made organizations in his view anyway. Just be aware if you haven't already gotten one, that such questions generally result in messages from the leadership that are not pleasant. :) God bless

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The answer is "no" to your question Washida.

Through the Catholic Church you are able to receive 'all' of Jesus' Holy Blessed Sacraments of Love that Jesus and God The Most High gave to all of God's Holy Apostles through His Priests and that Jesus gave to His Disciples BC, during Jesus' life here on Earth and A.D.

In relation to God's Holy Word - all of Jesus Christ our Saviour's Holy Word within His New Testament are taught by the Catholic Church through sermons delivered by Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit's appointed.

OnlybyGrace84,

If you read Holy Scriptures you will discover that Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit through Jesus' Disciples founded God's Universal Church of which there are many denominations, one being Jesus' Catholic Church of which is of course made through and by Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit by Jesus Christ our Saviour:

Jesus said to Peter His Disciple:

"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades shall not overpower it."

I am able to post a page of Holy Scriptures within the Acts of The Apostles that clearly teach that Jesus through His Disciples founded God's Universal Church.

Love and kindest wishes your Sister in Jesus Christ our Saviour

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
there are some interesting ideas....

I do not think there is such a thing as "Christianity"

like if we said "what do Christians believe" you would have a whole mess of contradicting ideas floating around
there is the Catholic Church, there is the Eastern Orthodox Church, there are a large number of Protestant denominations
yes, there are commonalities between all of these
but there are also lots of differences

the Catholic Church is a Christian Church, if you want a simple answer :)

sorry if my ramblings were too off topic

God bless you and welcome to CF

Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just want to know what others think about it.

The "CHURCH" is not, and NEVER WAS a "Religious Institution", or a "Religious Organization".

The CHURCH is composed exclusively of PEOPLE who are MADE CLEAN, and who have had their SIN REMOVED by FAITH (which is the Gift of God) in the propitiatory Sacrifice made by Jesus on the cross for our SIN.

Consequently whether an individual, who is a MEMBER of the Roman Catholic Organization (Or the Baptist Organization, or the Assemblies of God Organization) is a "Christian or not" depends ONLY on what their FAITH is placed in, and whether they've been truly "Born AGain" Spiritually.

If it's their FAITH the Sin Offering of Jesus that cleanses them, then they're good to go.

If it's in the Pagentry, Rituals, and Religious Beauracracy of the Roman Catholic organization (or the Baptist - etc.) then there's a REAL problem, and they're likely NOT "Christians" at all - just "Religious folks" who are members of a religious organization.

The Catholic SYstem is no different than any other church group in this respect.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus says in one of his many Divine Mercy Holy messages to mankind through Saint Faustina requesting prayers within His Divine Mercy Chaplet for different groups of people and sinners including prayers requested for Jesus' "Priests" and "Religious":

First Day:

"Today bring to Me all mankind and especially all sinners, and immerse them in the ocean of My Mercy. In this way, you will console Me in the bitter grief into which the loss of souls plunges Me'.

Second day (with Jesus' 9 Day Novena commencing His Good Friday):

"Today bring to Me the souls of priests and religious and immerse them in My Unfathomable Mercy. It was they who gave Me strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them, as through channels, My Mercy flows out upon mankind".

Jesus knows His 'Good' Priests and His 'Good' Religious Bob of which include Priests, Sisters/Nuns, Brothers, Popes, ArchBishops, Bishops, Monsignors, Pastors, Deacons, Ministers throughout the ages.

Jesus to mankind through Saint Faustina:

"I desire that you know more profoundly the Love that burns in My Heart for souls, and you will understand this when you meditate upon My Passion".

The greatest steps that any professed 'born again Christian' should be doing is focussing on Jesus Christ our Saviour's Life, His bitter Passion, His Stations of His Cross, the Sacrafices during Jesus' Life He made for all mankind, in order to be considered to receive Jesus' Divine Mercy at the hour of our deaths - ie if we have turned to Jesus Christ our Saviour in repentance for our sins, both mortal and venial in genuine remorse from our hearts not just our minds.

To attend Church in order to receive Jesus/God's/Holy Spirit's Blessed Holy Sacraments of Love:

Again, Jesus states to all Christians and Catholics it is our Hearts that should be receiving Jesus, not our minds, however, Bob, Jesus encourages us to receive His Holy Eucharist of which Jesus is manifested in His Holy Tabernacle near His Altars and thereby attending His Catholic Church and Christian Churches which are made of God's Universal Church and all are encouraged to receive Jesus' Blessed Holy Eucharist/Host of which Jesus Himself pre-Blesses prior to Holy Mass and Services:

"My great delight is to unite Myself with souls...when I come to a human heart in Holy Communion, My Hands are full of all kinds of graces which I want to give to that soul".

"How painful it is to Me that souls so seldom unite themselves to Me in Holy Communion.

"It pains Me very much when religious souls receive the Sacrament of Love merely out of habit, as if they do not understand what this food is. I find neither faith nor Love in their hearts. I go to such souls with great reluctance. It would be better if they did not receive...".

However, Jesus expects us to approach Him in His Holy Eucharist from our hearts - to receive His/God's Blessings, Gifts and Graces of which Jesus says He gives our souls now and eternally Bob.

"Do this in memory of Me".

"Do this in remembrance of Me".

...after the repentance of sins to Jesus Christ our Saviour from our hearts.

We can be born again Christians - re-awakened in our souls and hearts - however repentance from our hearts to Jesus in sorrow for hurting Him and others is necessary first, including receiving Jesus' Blessed Holy Sacraments of Love - His Holy Eucharist/Host from our hearts - that Jesus pre-blesses for us, while being manifested in His Holy Tabernacle at each Holy Mass...with the Holy Command of Jesus Christ our Saviour's:

"Do this in remembrance of Me".

Look, in genuine knowing in my heart Bob, if one turns away or encourages others to turn away from Jesus/God The Most High's Universal Church - and Jesus makes reference to His Catholic and Universal Church - to receive His Blessed Holy Sacraments of Love, of which Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit are Present - we are not doing our souls any good doing this eternally.

It does not matter for Christians or new Christians what denomination one has been born with or turned: we turn to Jesus Christ our Saviour in our hearts (you are correct and I wholewheartedly agree), completely Trust in Jesus, focus on Jesus Himself and His bitter Passion, His Sorrowful Stations of His Cross, because it is through Jesus Christ our Saviour that we can come to truly know "The Father" - Jesus Christ our Saviour's Heavenly Father and Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit our "Heavenly Father" - then if this is done - in Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit's Holy Will, we are able to "RECEIVE" Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit speaking to our hearts IF we are repentant of sins daily/regularly/monthly - not committing mortal sins and receiving Jesus/God/The Holy Spirits Loving Blessed Holy Sacraments of Love regularly during our lives.

Confession:

"When you go to Confession, know this, that I am waiting for you in the confessional. I am only hidden by the priest, but I Myself act in the soul. Here the misery of the soul meets the God of Mercy. From this Fount of Mercy souls draw Graces solely with the vessel of trust. If their trust is great, there is no limit to My Generosity".[/I]

Holy Scripture of Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit's - Jesus Christ's Proclamation of The Kingdom of God with His Call to Conversion:

"The Time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God has now come near, Repent and believe in The Good News".

Here, Jesus is encouraging souls to repentance to Him from their hearts in great Trust.

Love and kindest wishes your Sister in Jesus Christ our Saviour

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The "CHURCH" is not, and NEVER WAS a "Religious Institution", or a "Religious Organization".
I do not think that statement lines up with the Gospels or the Epistles of the New Testament, nor does it line up with the early history of the Christian Church.
Jesus founded a Church, He had the 12, those called Apostles, He also gathered with Him disciples. Luke 10 mentions 72 disciples

We then had the Apostolic Church, when there was a disagreement about how to do things they had a council in Jerusalem (Acts 15)
then the rulings of the council were carried out
latter Epistles were written, if the Church is not an "institution" of some sort, how can you send letters to it in different parts? haha what would the address be?
Even though it is not Scripture, we can see that writing Letters still took place after most of the Apostles were dead (St. Clement wrote to the Church in Corinth while John was still alive in Patmos)

so Jesus founded a visible group
there are councils
there are letters of sent out offering specific correction or praise

that sounds like it has some qualities of an institution

The CHURCH is composed exclusively of PEOPLE who are MADE CLEAN, and who have had their SIN REMOVED by FAITH (which is the Gift of God) in the propitiatory Sacrifice made by Jesus on the cross for our SIN.

Consequently whether an individual, who is a MEMBER of the Roman Catholic Organization (Or the Baptist Organization, or the Assemblies of God Organization) is a "Christian or not" depends ONLY on what their FAITH is placed in, and whether they've been truly "Born AGain" Spiritually.

If it's their FAITH the Sin Offering of Jesus that cleanses them, then they're good to go.

If it's in the Pagentry, Rituals, and Religious Beauracracy of the Roman Catholic organization (or the Baptist - etc.) then there's a REAL problem, and they're likely NOT "Christians" at all - just "Religious folks" who are members of a religious organization.

The Catholic SYstem is no different than any other church group in this respect.

I am not sure, but you might be offering a bit of a false dichotomy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

aChildOfMary

The Catholic Church is established by Christ himself and the popes are the successors of Peter.
We are the originals.
Since when do we seek aknowledgement from sectarians and heretics?

Everyone outside of the CC belongs to manmade sects and should really question whether or not they are Christians not the other way around.

Protestantism as a whole bases itself on disobedience to Christ's Church and disobedience is the original sin one should remember.

Catholicism is Christianity

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

IgnatiusOfAntioch

Contributor
May 3, 2005
Visit site
✟23,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just want to know what others think about it.

Actually, the Catholic Church was originally called The Way. It is the original Christian Church and has existed ever since Jesus Christ established and the Chief pastors can be traced back in a direct line of succession to Peter 2000 years ago.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.