Nov 12, 2008
✟239,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Well, yeah, it wasn't addressed to you as, you know, such.

People who are so eeky and divorced from the natural
world may be hard to reach.
True, but I know that if I do not attempt to reach some occassionally, I shall never reach any. Failure is certainly an option, but so too is success.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this. You know this. I'm not sure @Unqualified knows this. An exchange of views may change that.

Things are out of balance right now. This has never happened before to such proportions. It seems pestilence to biblical reporting. Jesus said these things will happen. They have been happening all along but He said when they happen all at the same time...

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Things are out of balance right now. This has never happened before to such proportions..
Thank you for your reply. I challenge on this point. It may seem as if things have never been so out of balance before, and in terms of the threat of global warming I would incline to agree, but where do you think the greatest imbalance(s) lie(s) and what evidence do you have that it(they) exceed(s) anything we have known before?

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,411.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Things are out of balance right now. This has never happened before to such proportions. It seems pestilence to biblical reporting. Jesus said these things will happen. They have been happening all along but He said when they happen all at the same time...

Nonsense. The number keeps getting less each cycle as their
land is turned to parking lots etc. Try reading about them instead
of making things up!

But don't worry, the sooner all the animals are extinct, the sooner you
will find out where their money is hidden.

Oh and Jesus said nothing of cicadas.

• Prayers
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reply. I challenge on this point. It may seem as if things have never been so out of balance before, and in terms of the threat of global warming I would incline to agree, but where do you think the greatest imbalance(s) lie(s) and what evidence do you have that it(they) exceed(s) anything we have known before?

The press or science didn’t report it to my knowledge 17 years ago. Cicadas are new in the west, at night it used to be just crickets and locusts during the day in the country. There were swarms of locusts all over the world until pesticides came along. Now they have outlived their usefulness. Cicadas, locusts, Covid, climate change, desertification, soil depleted, extreme weather. Israel becoming a nation again, earthquakes, volcanoes, one world government and religion focus. Trouble for Israel and the Middle East, nuclear proliferation, unrest, division. Every man trying to do what’s best in his own heart’. Wars and rumors of wars, social unrest. All at once as it says in Luke 21. Christian persecution, signs in the stars, if that’s not enough. It will get worse and be unmistakeable, because God wants everyone to get saved. When you see a man sitting in the holy of holies- whoops time to repent and when you see the Ezekiel 38 war as prophesied.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The press or science didn’t report it to my knowledge 17 years ago.
That's rather the point I am making: "to your knowledge". I doubt your knowledge on such a matter is extensive. For example, it took me less than two minutes to locate this example: Observation of Periodical Cicadas (Brood-X) In Indiana and Ohio in 2004. Thus, contrary to your belief science did report it and I would think it remarkable if it was not also reported by the press.
Cicadas, locusts, Covid, climate change, desertification, soil depleted, extreme weather. Israel becoming a nation again, earthquakes, volcanoes, one world government and religion focus. Trouble for Israel and the Middle East, nuclear proliferation, unrest, division. Every man trying to do what’s best in his own heart’. Wars and rumors of wars, social unrest. All at once as it says in Luke 21. Christian persecution, signs in the stars, if that’s not enough.
So basically you have a suite of opinions and perceptions, not facts. You offer anecdote, but are short on evidence.

Climate change, desertification, soil depletion, extreme weather all the product of humanity's poor stewardship of the planet and, with a concerted effort, all correctable. (Something that could be more easily achieved with a one world government you seem to fear.)

Earthquakes and volcanoes have not increased in quantity or magnitude. There has been trouble in the Middle East since long before the birth of Jesus, so its onoging presence should come as no surprise.

On a per capita basis, globally, we are at less risk of violence than at practically any time in recorded history. I suspect your perception is different. That's why evidence trumps imagination.

Signs in the stars? I fear you may be serious, but hope I am mistaken. If you are, what signs do you think have appeared?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can’t understand the signs of the times because you are not with the Lord. Looking for proof defines you.

I mean of course close asteroids, looking for a way of escape of man in space, a new planet. Partly sparked by so called ufo sitings
Which spark fear and paranoia in people for defense to cover space. Space exploration, if we go to space we will leave Jesus behind and of course we will find no life. Some still have the problem of death w/o salvation. It’s an escape and it will never be fulfilled we will never be free of this earth. God won’t allow it. He does a short work’. The world is always trying to disprove God and make Him a liar. You may never find your proof you may die blind. But it matters, Jesus is the only way to the Father. He is the truth and the life. Eternal life. God loves you in rebellion as well.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Cicadas are new in the west...
Nope, they've been there longer than humans.

There were swarms of locusts all over the world until pesticides came along.
There were never swarms of locusts 'all over the world'. There still are vast swarms of locusts in India, Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, the Middle East, etc. Climate change is making the problem worse.

You're a mine of misinformation, seriously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You can’t understand the signs of the times because you are not with the Lord. Looking for proof defines you.
It is good that we can reach agreement on this single point. While "looking for proof" is not the be all and end all of my character and life it is a vital part of it. (I do need to correct you on a detail. I don't seek proof, I seek the best evidence that leads to the most probable answer.) I do understand that you view things differently.

Now, there is much more to life than science, yet the methods of science have enabled a substantial portion of the things that are good in the world. (And, yes, I am well aware that they have also enabled some things you might consider evil and I would certainly consider bad.) The fact that we are able to exchange ideas while separated by culture, an ocean and likely more besides, is through the application of facts discovered by the methods of science and those methods depend critically upon evidence.

Hundreds of millions of experiments and investigations and observations and hypothesising has demonstrated that if we believe what is interesting, or desirable, or attractive, without regard for the evidence, then more often than not we shall believe a falsehood. You seemingly decry this view, believing that somehow the Lord will guide you to the Truth. It is a charming picture, but from my perspective it fails and fails in potentially dangerous ways.

I mean of course close asteroids, looking for a way of escape of man in space, a new planet. Partly sparked by so called ufo sitings
Which spark fear and paranoia in people for defense to cover space. Space exploration, if we go to space we will leave Jesus behind and of course we will find no life. Some still have the problem of death w/o salvation. It’s an escape and it will never be fulfilled we will never be free of this earth. God won’t allow it. He does a short work’. The world is always trying to disprove God and make Him a liar. You may never find your proof you may die blind. But it matters, Jesus is the only way to the Father. He is the truth and the life. Eternal life. God loves you in rebellion as well.
And there we have it. You feel I am misguided and lost and doomed because of my insistence upon having evidence to support what I accept as reality. I feel you are misguided and lost and much more a threat to the planet than the asteroids you mention. It seems our differences are irreconcilable, so I shall wish you well, leave you to your evidence-free beliefs and bow out of this thread.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Seems to me that calling your God's creation "gross"
shows a distinct lack of respect and appreciation.
Among other things.
I'm no Christian nor religious in any way,
I do though find it odd that Christians so
often have such contradictory attitudes.

I was taught to respect, not fear my fellow
beings. I stopped to rest one time
by a little shrine on a nature trail in Sai Kung.

At first, I did not notice a big cobra,
right there next to where I sat!

I watched it, it sometimes flickered its
tongue. The snake was deep brown,
with blue green iridescence.
A magnificent creature!

I knew it meant me no harm, and
it did not raise its head or spread its hood
as showing it thought I meant harm.

It's a cherished memory.

I hope you find a way to see the wonder
and beauty in your cicadas.
So much better than fear or disgust.
I find satan appalling and am disgusted with him and hes a created being. Not all Gods creations are beautiful by certain standards, it all depends on what you find beautiful. God does not require that I find bats, and tarantulas and disease infested rats beautiful. I am not showing lack of respect- or lack of appreciation. It is not required, so it is irrelevant . The Lord understands that as a kid with big 80s hair, I had 2 of those really loud shiny buzzing black bees ( huge) fly next to and get caught in my hair and I went ballistic. It was trauma, so I am good. Cute snake story. Irrelevant, but cute.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is good that we can reach agreement on this single point. While "looking for proof" is not the be all and end all of my character and life it is a vital part of it. (I do need to correct you on a detail. I don't seek proof, I seek the best evidence that leads to the most probable answer.) I do understand that you view things differently.

Now, there is much more to life than science, yet the methods of science have enabled a substantial portion of the things that are good in the world. (And, yes, I am well aware that they have also enabled some things you might consider evil and I would certainly consider bad.) The fact that we are able to exchange ideas while separated by culture, an ocean and likely more besides, is through the application of facts discovered by the methods of science and those methods depend critically upon evidence.

Hundreds of millions of experiments and investigations and observations and hypothesising has demonstrated that if we believe what is interesting, or desirable, or attractive, without regard for the evidence, then more often than not we shall believe a falsehood. You seemingly decry this view, believing that somehow the Lord will guide you to the Truth. It is a charming picture, but from my perspective it fails and fails in potentially dangerous ways.

And there we have it. You feel I am misguided and lost and doomed because of my insistence upon having evidence to support what I accept as reality. I feel you are misguided and lost and much more a threat to the planet than the asteroids you mention. It seems our differences are irreconcilable, so I shall wish you well, leave you to your evidence-free beliefs and bow out of this thread.
Ok well is the universe Infinite or finite? What proof do you have for your answer? Why do we dream? Oh you have never had a dream have you and if you have had one, how can you prove you had one and that it wasn't reality? What science can you offer? And if people came from Apes why are there still apes, that dont talk and why haven't any other species advanced like us? Also how did we get the pyramids? They have tried to reconstruct them like Egyptians. Couldn't be done so how do they fit into your reality?

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate