Jun 25, 2003
Michign
✟4,244.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Whitehorse said:
That's exactly my point. It is a man-made religion.
Yes, all religions are man made sets of rituals and myths designed to express a spiritual ideal. At its best religion offers structure to spirituality and provides a sense of community and continuity.

But man isn't God, nor has he seen God, so this testifies to whether or not the religion is true.
I know of no religion that makes such a claim.

In the meantime, the true God is offended by the worship of spirits who claim to be gods, but are not. The spirits are real. THe problem is, they aren't God. Good question.
In a Panentheistic or Pantheistic world view such spirits would be part of the Divine as the Divine is part of everything that is including humans. This is not in any way a suggestion that humans are Divine beings or could ever be mistaken for such. (I thought it important to point that out as you routinely bear false witness to that effect)

As for your comment about a singular true God: All Gods and Goddess are true.

Another good question. Here we have to determine whether or not allah really is God. If you check into the history of the religion, and the fact that human means and force are deeply engrained in the religion, you'll start seeing the difference between the religions.
So far I see no difference between islam and Christianity. In both religiosn human means and force were and are deeply engrained.

Check back on some of the posts about the authenticity of scripture, and we can go from there if you like.
If you like, please check through the posts on the authenticity of scripture and the arguments against their being inspired by man. I'd be happy to discuss it further with you if you like.
No real need to check back. You have consistently failed to show that your bible was in any way Divinely inspired rather than a work of individual men. The best that can be said is that you believe that it is but as I have often remarked to you believing that something is so does not necessarily make it so.

Imitation: a good topic you brought up. Take a look at the third chapter of Genesis and what satan used to deceive Eve. Look at the specific argument he used. Then, bear in mind what led to his fall. This will reveal a lot.
If I remember my Christian mythology correctly the serpent in the garden simply told the truth and it was Yahweh that lied.

1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "
4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened

And ultimately the serpent was punished for either telling the truth and exposing Gods lie.

I fail to see your point.

Reactions: SquareC
Upvote 0

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
Kira Faye said:
Wow, that was cool, I never read it like that, the devil didn't lie! though he knew if they did they would be sinning and he tried to pull them to sinning.....in the christian way of thinking.

He didn't? Then why isn't Eve here to testify to that?

Upvote 0

Blissman

God is Truth- A. Einstein
Nov 29, 2003
IA, USA
Visit site
✟551.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Whitehorse, Square C, et. al., it is a pleasure to see you again. I do not see that God had lied by warning Adam and Eve not to know of good and evil. Knowlege of good and evil itself is not man's downfall, rather it is the lack wisdom in man to know what to and not to do with this knowlege which is man's downfall. God has this wisdom, for God is all knowing, whereas man know of it, but acts as if he were as God. Man will always fail as long as we remain imperfect. We see this problem today, man had learned how to build a nuclear bomb. Scientifically, it was a magnificant acheivement, to know the awe of God's hand, that matter, energy, the universe and man are one. Man does not have as much wisdom as we have knowlege. We have built death and had killed. What could have been a flower of the mind is today our master of fear for our lives.

Upvote 0

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
Bliss, welcome back! Of course God didn't lie. He can't! It's not in His character. The point about Eve is, she isn't here to testify, because God said if she ate the fruit she'd die. ANd, guess what-she died. That's why she isn't here to discuss it. Disobedience leads to death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
katherinethegreat said:
i can't believe this is still going on! this is really sad i thougt we killed this long ago!
this is stupid give up now!
It resurrects itself every seven days... a holy number in many cultures
and religions (including Christianity)

The thread that cannot die....^_^

Upvote 0

SquareC

Blessed Be!
Jul 8, 2003
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟9,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Smilin said:
It resurrects itself every seven days... a holy number in many cultures
and religions (including Christianity)

The thread that cannot die....^_^
It is, it is....the eternal thread. Endlessly we debate if we are moral creatures and the debate proves the thing....... :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ezikeeill

May 27, 2004
✟7,668.00
Faith
Catholic
i think that it actually depeneds on which moral system you use - which life style approach this question from - i mean approaching from a wiccan point of view would be pointless, of course its moral. But approaching from a christian point of view would give the opposite effect...

Its all ditated by what you consider the truth.

gb all,

ezi...

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
If a Wiccan were to marry a Christian, who would perform the ceremony?
Who WOULD depends on what they wanted for their ceremony and who was invited. If you're asking who COULD, though, there are many tolerant denominations and people who would be glad to perform their ceremonies. My husband and I got a retired judge to officiate at our marriage ceremony. Unitarian Universalists would have no problem performing a ceremony for different faiths.

Upvote 0

SquareC

Blessed Be!
Jul 8, 2003
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟9,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blissman said:
If a Wiccan were to marry a Christian, who would perform the ceremony?
My husband and I were married in a Christian church. This was for our families' sakes, we would have just as soon had a Civil ceremony.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.