Is being attracted to the same ethnic-type, constantly, a sign of idolatry?

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(I was on about dogs! Lol)

No, you just confused.

You know, the closer you get to God, the more the devil will try to pull you away from him. He will try anything and everything. Its not an easy road to follow Jesus.

Jusr remember that as you carry your cross/s, Jesus is carrying you!

God bless you
I wish I was crucified on the cross next to Christ. At least I would not have to go through this.

That murder/robber next to Christ that got salvation at the LAST moment - lucky guy.

Did all his wrongs then FINALLY got salvation at the last second. Lucky man - here I am suffering with FAITH when DIY is my way - but THE WAY is FAITH and I have to sit tight................................I DON'T LIKE SITTING TIGHT! I NEED ACTION!

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I HAVE BEEN DOING THAT FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS BEGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHILST TAKING PURE Ls!

TRYING TO BE PURE IN A WORLD THAT AIN'T PURE TO ME!

Yea, i understand fully.

You see people having everything. Having a full life yet dont have any faith. Its not easy seeing that.

Thing is, its not all suffering having faith. It may be like that at times my friend. It may feel like you have a dark cloud following you around. Its at those times that we have to dig deep into our faith and not give in to the devil. I been under a very dark cloud for over 5 years! Been horrible. But, through it all, i have never lost my love of God. Even though, at times, i have felt like jacking it all in!

Try and be strong. Easier said than done.

Just keep turning to God no matter how you feel.

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You see people having everything. Having a full life yet dont have any faith. Its not easy seeing that.
Yes - then I realise I am the foolish one - cos the waiting game is a mug's game!
not give in to the devil.
Even the devil is a lie - all this talk about why certain people have such success cos they SOLD OUT TO THE DEVIL pure nonsense. This life is truly what you make it - faithING it away is good for them if they are happy to stay in one place - but ACTIONARY PEOPLE they are the ones that achieve! On all levels.

I am doing something wrong.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Time to stop focusing on your problems. We all got them. God doesn't expect you to be perfect. He knows we are human. He does expect us to keep our eyes on Him. You are worthless to God if you believe you are defeated. You are a precious Child of God. What more can you want?

I was humbled the other day and feeling a bit sorry for myself. I walked into the store's bathroom to see a young girl and her mother struggling with her to get her dressed. Child was Down's syndrome and bald (indicating some other severe health issues). Mom was frustrated but still doing what mom's do. Just as we are to do God's work instead of holding personal pity parties because we are not perfect.

I hope you find your 6 weeks out of school a liberating for Christ. Focus on finding God around you...even in the small things. It is through our struggles that we learn empathy and compassion for others.

And be careful who you get your Christian advice from...wolves can wear coats of every species. Time to look up, smile, and be grateful for the day that God has given you. Bless people instead of waiting for God to bless you. It is through blessing other people that you are likely to hear God speak to you.

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Time to stop focusing on your problems. We all got them.
Sorry for not being able to delete these issues.
God doesn't expect you to be perfect
Good, cos I won't be perfect.
He does expect us to keep our eyes on Him.
My eyes are on him and my eyes are on other things here on earth.
You are a precious Child of God. What more can you want?
Okay then.
Child was Down's syndrome and bald (indicating some other severe health issues).
I work with special needs children - I know how it goes.
Just as we are to do God's work instead of holding personal pity parties because we are not perfect.
Not about perfect - I just don't want problems.
Time to look up, smile, and be grateful for the day that God has given you.
Yes when you use that day for winning it is then a blessing and I know exactly what I am going to do to start that.
Bless people instead of waiting for God to bless you.
I am going to have to bless myself (can't wait around)
I hope you find your 6 weeks out of school a liberating for Christ.
That's the idea.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Not about perfect - I just don't want problems.

Not a realistic goal in an imperfect world. Nobody "doesn't have problems". If you don't have problems, you don't need God. Even Jesus had problems.

I am going to have to bless myself (can't wait around)

If you bless yourself, then you get the credit for the good in your life. Not exactly the Christian way. Bless others, learn to embrace God even among your problems. Then let God bless you through other people.

The Godliest people in the world tend to have the most problems because Satan doesn't want them to win and give God the glory. We serve God in spite of our problems and among our problems.

Praying for you.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a realistic goal in an imperfect world. Nobody
Hence why I want to live secluded away from people (no joke).
Even Jesus had problems.
Jesus had a mission.
If you bless yourself, then you get the credit for the good in your life. Not exactly the Christian way.
Prayer without works is dead - gotta to put in work to bless yourself and give thanks afterwards (cos you have the spirit in you that succeeded
because Satan doesn't want them to win and give God the glory
Hence why I now have a very powerful phrase towards Satan *F($K OFF SATAN* that is what i say now! It works!
We serve God in spite of our problems and among our problems.
You know what I say when ever old horrible memories come back in my mind I say *God controls that now I have no power he does I am helpless* I realise now I have to make myself submissive that way I can't get any lower!

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Constantly being attracted to a certain group of women (believers or not) knowing full well that the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side. Thinking they are walking Gods when in reality they are just the same as everybody else.

Sure you like what you like but is it not a sickness and pure idolatry that needs to be erased right away?

Thinking every ethnic type of woman is some Alex Morgan when that is just a hype job from the global media we live in.

Living as a recluse seems like such an amazing option at time - really does.

Poisoning people's mind.
Just sounds like a fetish, TBH.

I don't believe God comes down hard on what physical types of the opposite sex we're attracted to. All he had to do to broaden my mind a bit was allow me to see and meet attractive examples of women who were not the type I am typically attracted to. And then there was my friend who spoke often and loudly about his Asian fetish who ended up marrying a white woman.

Reactions: J Daniel
Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I'll sound like a racist, but I've only dated women of my same ethnicity. It's very hard for me to find commonality with people in general, women especially, and adding ethnic/cultural differences to the mix would make a difficult situation much harder. I never considered dating other ethnic groups because I honestly don't see any attraction. Not to say they aren't lovely people, but I just never was attracted to anyone outside my own race.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't see that as racist whatsoever.

I know of many that say they only date within their race - they have nothing against other races (speaking from believers they see everyone as God's people) - but they have more in common with their own.

Natural.

Of course if people from different races click together BEAUTIFUL!

I think when it comes to be settled down and married - must be wise: on all levels!

I'll sound like a racist, but I've only dated women of my same ethnicity. It's very hard for me to find commonality with people in general, women especially, and adding ethnic/cultural differences to the mix would make a difficult situation much harder. I never considered dating other ethnic groups because I honestly don't see any attraction. Not to say they aren't lovely people, but I just never was attracted to anyone outside my own race.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟775,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think the problem is, the OP is attracted to white women and in this day and age we're "not supposed" to be only attracted to white people. That's the big elephant in the room here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.