• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is baptism required?

123flower

Apr 22, 2012
✟25,520.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I still don’t know for sure whether baptism is required for salvation or not. I’ve read a lot on this forum and internet. One says it’s required, the other one says not. Who is right?? I don’t know what to believe anymore and my backstory is a bit complex. I’ve already posted my story last year and you have to read it to understand my problem. Here’s the link:

What am I supposed to do? I tend to believe the side who says it’s not required, but I’m not really sure.

And what if someone just cannot be baptise because of different reasons. Like if there is war in your country, be in jail/live in a country where Christianity is forbidden, people on their deathbed, stuck alone on an island, live in the desert, have a phobia for water, or in my case, have anxiety. If I think about al these reasons, it makes sense that, the side who says baptism isn’t required, is right. Or else it wouldn’t be fair for the people who don’t have the possibility to baptise.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I still don’t know for sure whether baptism is required for salvation or not. I’ve read a lot on this forum and internet. One says it’s required, the other one says not. Who is right?? I don’t know what to believe anymore and my backstory is a bit complex. I’ve already posted my story last year and you have to read it to understand my problem. Here’s the link:

What am I supposed to do? I tend to believe the side who says it’s not required, but I’m not really sure.

And what if someone just cannot be baptise because of different reasons. Like if there is war in your country, be in jail/live in a country where Christianity is forbidden, people on their deathbed, stuck alone on an island, live in the desert, have a phobia for water, or in my case, have anxiety. If I think about al these reasons, it makes sense that, the side who says baptism isn’t required, is right. Or else it wouldn’t be fair for the people who don’t have the possibility to baptise.
There are two baptisms, Spirit and water:

John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

It is essential to believe in Jesus Christ of Nazareth with all ones heart,soul and mind. Then He will make His Home in the believer with His Holy Spirit . This is the first baptism. Then Christians follow with a water baptism as a proclamation of their conversion into a new life IN Christ.

So yes by all means get baptized in Spirit and water just as scripture describes.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thank you for sharing your struggle. Instead of debating about whether or not we "should" get baptized, I would like to understand your personal struggle more. Why is the issue of baptism so concerning to you? Do you want to get rebaptized?

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I believe baptism is required for all Christians and you proclaimed your faith with witnesses. What St. Paul says re baptism in Romans 6:1-23 is something we live out in life like what St. Paul says in Philippians 3:1-21. We have to consider what is said in regards to salvation in daily individual living vs what is said in the overall power of the Lord’s salvation to all the faithful.

What about those who believed but not formally baptized? I believe there will be some form of baptism linked with a judgment of works that St. Paul mentions in 1 Corinthians 3:12-15 ( which applies to all believers but must vary in many ways to each individual)I believe this falls within the framework of salvation by grace ( Ephesians 2:8-10).

Upvote 0