Is anyone using E Sword for leadership ?

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Was considering E Sword vs online as I do now ( or as well as). I have use for a program on my computer or tablet. Just wondering.

I do short sermons or intros and lead bible study. Be nice too if there was a Galatians module to plug into ?

• Agree
Reactions: Unqualified

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Was considering E Sword vs online as I do now ( or as well as). I have use for a program on my computer or tablet. Just wondering.

I do short sermons or intros and lead bible study. Be nice too if there was a Galatians module to plug into ?
Don't know if this answers your question. I have been using E-sword for about 20 years. I use it for the Bible modules, commentaries and dictionaries. I was not aware they had any teaching modules. I had to purchase the NIV module separately. Other than that it fits my needs.

• Agree
Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Don't know if this answers your question. I have been using E-sword for about 20 years. I use it for the Bible modules, commentaries and dictionaries. I was not aware they had any teaching modules. I had to purchase the NIV module separately. Other than that it fits my needs.
I know a pastor who uses this program but he talks a lot about how much time he puts in to present a study or sermon. I think I see why now that I did download E Sword. Not knocking the program, it is pretty extensive but I so far don't see compiling a presentation from it as it's strong point.

I'll work with it some more. Thanks for your reply.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like e-sword I translated the NT from a Greek text using strongs numbers. I like there free add on commentaries, bibles and dictionaries. I was able to put together many short messages using it. The Bible expounds itself. Use the Treasry of Scriptural Knowledge for support and back up points. We are kind of using bible points as well as inspirational.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I like e-sword I translated the NT from a Greek text using strongs numbers. I like there free add on commentaries, bibles and dictionaries. I was able to put together many short messages using it. The Bible expounds itself. Use the Treasry of Scriptural Knowledge for support and back up points. We are kind of using bible points as well as inspirational.
Thanks yes, I've already found it useful. It would be great for full preparation for messages or bible study ( after all, I did not think so going in).

But I found something in addition even more useful to me that works similarly. MySword for Kindle or android. This I can take out on board in my kindle fires smaller package and use live in our recording sessions ( we have two coming up tomorrow and that will be my first round using it in front of a studio camera). MySword comes up with instant Strongs, commentary or references, no loading time. It's awesome especially where what I deliver is live and only 10-12 minutes long or less. I'm often winging it off a topic and pick related verses accordingly. I like the no hesitation loading, touch a Strongs number and its right there instantly, done what you wanted to say from that, hit close and it's gone. Hit the commentary button the drop down falls from above, pick the commentary you chose to load in ( I use Matthew Henry quite a bit) and it loads to your selected verse or chapter instantly. Again when done, hit close and you're back to reading your verses etc. There is a notebook you can load into that I haven't messed with yet but may later today. I used MySword during Sundays messages to follow the pastor. As he preached off verses I hit Strongs and could see from there exactly where he was headed to define certain words in his message. Awesome, it really is. It's on my fire that I would likely take to church more so than laptop. And it's upgrade-able to separate windows like ESword does for a donation fee but it works so smoothly I hate to risk messing it up lol.. I'm mostly using ASV or KJV or YLT with it, they don't have licensing for all bible versions so picked those for my Bibles drop down. ISV or KJV are standard when the program is downloaded.

Well I like it but enough for now. ESword is working for me as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used esword regularly for years. I still use it now and then. I found its search and language resources helpful. I don't know if the new version has it but at one time they had a Septuagint and NT combined Greek text that allowed you to search across both.

I tend to use online now more due to cross compatibility. I like the commentary resources on studylight.org.

Upvote 0