Is anyone else frustrated? [moved from Controversial Christian Theology]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teslafied

Watt is love? Baby don't hertz me no more.
Apr 27, 2016
NC
✟16,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What the early Christians believed was that the Son was begotten before time began. Some time before the creation the Father begot the Son. So, the Son was there at the creation. What confuses many is how the Son can be eternal and begotten. The early Christians had what I think is a very good example, that of fire. Suppose you have fire, let's say it's burning for a week. Then you take a piece of wood and put it into the fire. When the wood ignites you take it out of the fire and put it on a pile of kindling. Now the kindling begins to burn and you have two fires. How old is the second fire? As a separate fire it is new, however, the fire itself came out of the the first fire so it's really as old as the first fire. The substance of the Son existed in the Father and the Father is eternal, therefore the substance of the Son is eternal even though He didn't exist as a separate being eternally. At some point in eternity past He was begotten.

Oh okay I understand, I see your point thanks for explaining.

But may I ask this? Wouldn't that sort of be like polytheism? Sorry not trying to be rude. Also If indeed what you say is correct about the nature of God can you please show me supporting scriptures. Thanks again. I too want to know the full depth of Christ's deity.

Oh and one last question for now, if Jesus is just the Son begotten by God before the creation do you believe He should be worshipped? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.