South florida
✟7,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We as christians have a tendency to be so incredibly rigid when it comes to these things.
We expect everyone to be touting a jesus sign in everything the say or do.
Not everyone is meant to be a preacher.period. God gave us life and purpose,and that purpose is unique to every person. When I hear things like "they or that wont get you into heaven ", my thoughts are Tony robbins isnt meant to get you into heaven. That is up to you, your bible, your relationship,,ect. Your church, fellowship. those with a calling to preach are there to help you in that journey.
That is not tony robbins job in your life.
Tony robbins purpose and gifting is to teache those who want, how to use what you have in you to succeed , better yourself in relationships, career, diffculties,dreams, life. And he is phenomenal at it,as are others. Ive paid attention to Tony, and Ive heard him say quite a few times thst he is a christian. He doesnt preach it or shove it down throats, but he credits, God and grace for many things in his life. Ive heard him. Is he perfect in his words all the time? Nope. Neither am I. Neither are pastors. We get some things wrong.we always will. Big deal .We're on planet earth and going to miss it on some things.
Tony robbins has accomplished more than really is simply imaginable for mankind in his career. The billion(yes billion) people he has fed, and done life changing things for ,huge things , plus his gifting in getting you to realize whats locked inside you and open your potentional is amazing.
If you know anything about his background, he is driven by his childhood experience which caused a deep love in people to help on a grand scale.
I think we need to see as Jesus sees and look into the heart. And also our own heart.
Not everyone is meant to evangelize. Not to be redundant, but all have their gifts. If I go to a mechanic, do I expect him to tell me all about God, or profess his faith to me? No, I appreciate that he can fix my car well.praise God for that.
A decorator, do I hire them to come in,and put scripture plaques all over my house and if they dont, do I call them a bad decorator? No...just make my house pretty. Grateful for their talent.
As christians we cannot be so rigid in these things. Paul spoke of this.
There a many gifted ,talented people out there to learn from .
We all know of many professing, gospel believing christians who arent doing a thing with their gifts and talents and never will..and in that are depriving the world of what God has put in them and meant to share and make this world a better place while down here. I am not a tony robbins groupie at all, but im quite knowledgeable about him, so its not just about him...but many others we do this too. I appreciate the open discussion about these things, none the less. Its important. Glad someone opened the topic up. Hugs and blessings.

Upvote 0

BlakeNoCo

Dec 23, 2018
Fort Collins
✟7,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like this thread. I've been asking myself this same question. I'm Christian and attend church regularly but probably listen to more self help / success / achievement than Christian based or backed info.

I think it could be a negative for me to take more or too much education and advice from non-christians.
Tony Robbins for sure isn't Christian and his type of information almost all positive and aimed in the right directions but mortally flawed by the fact he doesn't know universal truth and know god.

I would love suggestions of other motivational speakers, business educators or success principle speakers that Christians recommend. Even better if they use scripture to teach biblical principles.

Upvote 0

YCGP

Apr 29, 2016
Canada
✟31,014.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I like this thread. I've been asking myself this same question. I'm Christian and attend church regularly but probably listen to more self help / success / achievement than Christian based or backed info.

I think it could be a negative for me to take more or too much education and advice from non-christians.
Tony Robbins for sure isn't Christian and his type of information almost all positive and aimed in the right directions but mortally flawed by the fact he doesn't know universal truth and know god.

I would love suggestions of other motivational speakers, business educators or success principle speakers that Christians recommend. Even better if they use scripture to teach biblical principles.
Stephen Covey's book 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People' is in line with scripture. This is something he is credited for.

Reactions: BlakeNoCo
Upvote 0

Evan Hadkins

Nov 28, 2018
Kingston
✟15,353.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tony Robbins is for Christians as much as anything that is true - all truth is God's truth (every good and perfect thing comes from God).

How much of Tony's stuff is true? Some. It surely is true if you try stuff then you are more likely to do stuff. The big problem I have with his stuff is that it can leave people ungrounded; no way to handle failure.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who here believes that the teachings of Anthony Robbins is good for a Christian?

For those who don't know, Robbins is a self-help life coach who teaches us to breakthrough, expand, get bigger and better, pursue our dreams, change our perception in order to help us succeed.

He also believes that nothing has meaning except for the meaning you give it. And he believes God is a woman.

This is definitely part of the reason that I am now skeptical of his teachings...

Anyone wanna weigh in?

He looks like an entertainer and salesperson to me.

Upvote 0

jesusismygod

Nov 19, 2014
✟15,321.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who here believes that the teachings of Anthony Robbins is good for a Christian?

For those who don't know, Robbins is a self-help life coach who teaches us to breakthrough, expand, get bigger and better, pursue our dreams, change our perception in order to help us succeed.

He also believes that nothing has meaning except for the meaning you give it. And he believes God is a woman.

This is definitely part of the reason that I am now skeptical of his teachings...

Anyone wanna weigh in?
For a long time I used to practice Tony Robbins philosophy and his recommendations and this is what it did to me.
1. Made me uncomfortable with who I was as an unique individual. His suggestions albeit vieled insinuate that you are not enough and there is a better version or copy of you out there and you have to to X, Y and Z to get there.
2. Made me judgmental as everyone was measured against his baseline of standards, which was totally contrary for what Jesus advocates.
3. Made me stressed, overworked and overwhelmed. There is never an end to what the implied implications of working on his suggestions, there is always one thing that needed to get done or the guilt of not doing something.
4. Made me busy, as a lot of his teachings will deal with "intense" effort that in turn will mean more things to fill up our day and no time to do what God really put me on planet earth to do.
5. Last but not the least, made me fit Christ into an semblance of spiritual goodness but which was superficial, man made and was custom fitted for the shallow world based on Money, Power and Influence.

Then one morning when I woke up feeling overwhelmed, and not very different from the feeling of a tired hamster on a wheel I cried out to God to help me. He answered and there was a weight that lifted off my shoulder. God set me free from the grip of Tony Robbins and all New Age stuff. I am now walking free in the Spirit of Freedom that only comes from an fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit.

The spirit that infills you with Tony Robbins mumbo jumbo and the spirit of God's Love, Power and Grace are totally different. One gives you false peace and the other one gives you real peace. One is of "Superficial" acceptance but God's Spirit gives you "unconditional" acceptance.

There is no real comparison. The Spirit of God frees you, cherishes you and loves you. The relationship that you cultivate with the Holy Spirit will guide you in "precise", "specific" and "non-ambiguous" ways that will help you navigate life as a true Christian. It's not based on Religion, Power, Wealth or influence but based on Love. The intimacy you find with the anointing of the Holy Spirit is so much more powerful than the feeling of accomplishment that Tony Robbins will ever give you no matter what you accomplish.

So run your race with your prize on eternal life, not on the things of the world.

Ps: Many times when pride takes over then I did try to return to Tony Robbins but God has clearly "directed" me in specific ways that he is an abomination, and should not be followed. Even though I through my human eyes find no fault in what he teaches, yet it has been ingrained to me with precise clarity that I need to turn away from him and instead place my trust in the one true God for all my needs. Peace!

Reactions: Chelle T.
Upvote 0

fotis

Oct 2, 2020
athens
✟7,701.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I came here to read an answer just like yours my friend and i found relief. Guys like Tony ruined my life and made me think that it's really hard to come back.
I even, as you say, came to a point to believe Jesus was another selfhelp guru of his time. How ignorant i was.
A single prayer to Jesus changed the energy around me and my worldview. after dealing with all these new age demonized individuals,I thank God i am still alive and i now believe with all my heart. Amen

For a long time I used to practice Tony Robbins philosophy and his recommendations and this is what it did to me.
1. Made me uncomfortable with who I was as an unique individual. His suggestions albeit vieled insinuate that you are not enough and there is a better version or copy of you out there and you have to to X, Y and Z to get there.
2. Made me judgmental as everyone was measured against his baseline of standards, which was totally contrary for what Jesus advocates.
3. Made me stressed, overworked and overwhelmed. There is never an end to what the implied implications of working on his suggestions, there is always one thing that needed to get done or the guilt of not doing something.
4. Made me busy, as a lot of his teachings will deal with "intense" effort that in turn will mean more things to fill up our day and no time to do what God really put me on planet earth to do.
5. Last but not the least, made me fit Christ into an semblance of spiritual goodness but which was superficial, man made and was custom fitted for the shallow world based on Money, Power and Influence.

Then one morning when I woke up feeling overwhelmed, and not very different from the feeling of a tired hamster on a wheel I cried out to God to help me. He answered and there was a weight that lifted off my shoulder. God set me free from the grip of Tony Robbins and all New Age stuff. I am now walking free in the Spirit of Freedom that only comes from an fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit.

The spirit that infills you with Tony Robbins mumbo jumbo and the spirit of God's Love, Power and Grace are totally different. One gives you false peace and the other one gives you real peace. One is of "Superficial" acceptance but God's Spirit gives you "unconditional" acceptance.

There is no real comparison. The Spirit of God frees you, cherishes you and loves you. The relationship that you cultivate with the Holy Spirit will guide you in "precise", "specific" and "non-ambiguous" ways that will help you navigate life as a true Christian. It's not based on Religion, Power, Wealth or influence but based on Love. The intimacy you find with the anointing of the Holy Spirit is so much more powerful than the feeling of accomplishment that Tony Robbins will ever give you no matter what you accomplish.

So run your race with your prize on eternal life, not on the things of the world.

Ps: Many times when pride takes over then I did try to return to Tony Robbins but God has clearly "directed" me in specific ways that he is an abomination, and should not be followed. Even though I through my human eyes find no fault in what he teaches, yet it has been ingrained to me with precise clarity that I need to turn away from him and instead place my trust in the one true God for all my needs. Peace!

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I came here to read an answer just like yours my friend and i found relief. Guys like Tony ruined my life and made me think that it's really hard to come back.
I even, as you say, came to a point to believe Jesus was another selfhelp guru of his time. How ignorant i was.
A single prayer to Jesus changed the energy around me and my worldview. after dealing with all these new age demonized individuals,I thank God i am still alive and i now believe with all my heart. Amen

Amen! There is nothing wrong with self help, psychology etc but it is no the Gospel. The gospel isn't self improvement it is Jesus giving us His righteousness

Stay away from those who endorse salvation n works

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’m familiar with his teachings. He stresses discipline, planning, productivity, and accountability. Areas many wrestle with. I like his work ethic and apply the same to my walk and calling. Being a holy slacker is shameful.

If I’m not 10X’ing God I’m 10X’ing something else.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I
I like Joyce Meyer and Brene Brown but am not sure I know any who do business coaching

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hello. Seems a bit like hyper Charismatic Word Faith type teachings. All about you. They offer you everything the unregenerate man wishes to hear. E.G God wants to satisfy your desires. Your desires for money, sex and power. Through the authority you have been given you become a little god and your words have creative power.

So yes flee from these. They're quite similar to Anton La Vey's Satanic Bible.

The truth is well nigh the opposite.

“These are the ones I look on with favor:
those who are humble and contrite in spirit,
and who tremble at my word" (Isaiah 66:2)

God Bless :)

Upvote 0