Is an actively gay person who believes in Jesus saved?

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
God demands perfection. The only way to be saved by your deeds is to be absolutely perfect. So, since this option is no longer available to us, we must move on to plan B.

So, He demands perfection that is impossible. Like I said, those aren't honest weights. Sounds like He is mocking humanity.

Reactions: jenny1972
Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So, He demands perfection that is impossible. Like I said, those aren't honest weights. Sounds like He is mocking humanity.
Actually, humanity is mocking God.

I see that you have your "faith" as Non-Denominational.

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
you can't kind of murdered , you did or you didn't , your were part of it or you aren't . SO you can't be a little pregnant , your part of death or your part of life.
proof is the fruits.
if you don't like the fruit eat from a different tree.

Upvote 0

sickntired771

Dec 11, 2014
✟15,989.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
If God judges the heart and a person is devoted to Christ in every way but remains actively gay in a commited monogamous relationship because they dont see it as a sin then they aren't in open rebellion with God. They love God and are trying to do his will and are either right and the bible is misinterpreted by many or they are wrong and blinded by their sin. I would hope that either way a gay person who is devoted to Jesus is saved.

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God will render to every man according to his deeds. If you're his workmanship in Christ Jesus it means eternal life.

You ought to know enough scripture to know that Paul did not end his teaching of soteriology at Romans 2:6.

Just a few verses further: "There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.” -- Romans 3:10.

But the full teaching does not end there, either.

Upvote 0

cuja1

Sep 28, 2012
Springfield, IL
✟22,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 16:13

13"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

John 14:26

26"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

So I suppose that it is possible to not know the truth until the Holy Spirit reveals it to you. We should be patient with those that don't know the truth, since it is the Holy Spirit that reveals it to us.

Reactions: sickntired771
Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ah... this old subject again...
*Deep Inhale*

Someone who identifies and participates in Homosexuality is NOT saved.

Why?

Because in Order to be Saved,one must Believe in Christ. When one believes in Christ,He/She agrees with God that Homosexuality is wrong. So if said person believes it is right,and thinks that God is ok with it,they are actually committing Idolatry. That is,they create for themselves a fake "jesus" who is ok with sin.

I can assure you He is not fine with it. Scripture says so. It is what it is,and if anybody has a problem with it,they should take it up with God. He makes the rules,I'm only the messanger.

Seek Truth,
-His Servant

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 24, 2014
✟8,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Someone who identifies and participates in Homosexuality is NOT saved.

I know God didn't send you with that message, otherwise it would say "come as you are".

It's your opinion and it's kool, but you're the one who has a problem with it.

God loves and saves homosexuals without them doing anything but believing the word of Jesus.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know God didn't send you with that message, otherwise it would say "come as you are".

It's your opinion and it's kool, but you're the one who has a problem with it.

God loves and saves homosexuals without them doing anything but believing the word of Jesus.

Absolutely correct,God does indeed save homosexuals. But someone who believes being homosexual is ok while claiming to believe in God is not saved. Because those who are indeed saved,know what sin is and chooses to reject it. Not that he won't be tempted or even falter but he/she will indeed agree with God that it is sin.

Cheers,
-Your Brother In Christ

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One of the latest White Horse Inn podcast had Sam Allberry, who has a book called "Is God anti-gay?" He is a man who has has been attracted to men since his teenage years. He prefers to say he is Same Sex attracted. He believes homosexuality is a sin, by what Scripture says. He believes the anthropology of society and the church have become corrupted to value sex(they are the core of who you are), but that sexual sins are just a part of all the sins that make sinful people. All Christians are capable of falling with any sin.

To the OP, can one who lies, openly proud of their lies be saved?

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We can say for certain that everyone who rejects Jesus won't be in Heaven, because that is what Jesus told us:

John 3:18

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

We know that some who call themselves Christians won't make it, because He said this:

Matthew 7:21

Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

The most important thing in this life is to make sure we are born again and that Jesus Christ truly is our Lord and Savior. God loves us, this is true; His love sent Jesus to the cross. You must also understand that it was Gods holiness that required it. God also requires us to repent and turn from our sins; faith without repentance is not a saving faith.

But you don't know who truly believes and who doesn't. Only God knows the heart. So yes, we can see Jesus' words and believe them, but God is the only one who knows the true depths of a person's heart. Even the thief on the cross who hung beside Jesus...at his final hour, believed, and accepted Jesus, but all of his life did not. And Jesus told him he would be with him in paradise.

So at the final hour, someone can change their heart entirely, and God will know the truth.

Reactions: jenny1972
Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2014
✟8,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the latest White Horse Inn podcast had Sam Allberry, who has a book called "Is God anti-gay?"

I never heard of Sam Allberry but I googled him. He has an interesting take on the issues of sexuality and the church. I'll be checking out White Horse Inn podcasts next.

He believes the anthropology of society and the church have become corrupted to value sex(they are the core of who you are)

That is interesting. It sounds like he is saying identity rooted in sexuality is rooted in the flesh, and corruption. It would apply to everyone in Christ but ministers deliverance to saved homosexuals.

Good info Mike.

Reactions: mikedsjr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But you don't know who truly believes and who doesn't. Only God knows the heart. So yes, we can see Jesus' words and believe them, but God is the only one who knows the true depths of a person's heart. Even the thief on the cross who hung beside Jesus...at his final hour, believed, and accepted Jesus, but all of his life did not. And Jesus told him he would be with him in paradise.

So at the final hour, someone can change their heart entirely, and God will know the truth.

That's true, Deidre32, but you have to consider that not everyone has that opportunity to change their minds. A lot of people die suddenly and unexpectedly, so it is never a wise decision to delay coming to the Lord because we don't know what the next day will hold. The scripture declares that today is the day of salvation.

I appreciate the heart of compassion you have for the lost, that is a really good thing. I don't have a problem with what you're saying, I can see you are coming from a good place. Ask the Lord to teach you about these things and He will give you revelation in His word. God bless!

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's true, Deidre32, but you have to consider that not everyone has that opportunity to change their minds. A lot of people die suddenly and unexpectedly, so it is never a wise decision to delay coming to the Lord because we don't know what the next day will hold. The scripture declares that today is the day of salvation.

I appreciate the heart of compassion you have for the lost, that is a really good thing. I don't have a problem with what you're saying, I can see you are coming from a good place. Ask the Lord to teach you about these things and He will give you revelation in His word. God bless!

I am not arguing with you, but I would propose this:

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day." -- John 6:44

He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them." -- John 6:65

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." -- John 10:27

I would suggest that if those are enabled by the Father ever have a chance to hear the voice of Jesus--that is, His gospel correctly preached--they will respond. I further believe that Jesus very well knows all who have been enabled and who would have followed Him, even though nobody reached them to speak His words.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
I am uncertain as to whether God is for or against homosexuality. I don't seek to debate the subject matter but what I want to know is if God judges or heart not our actions.

If someone is actively involved in a gay relationship but accepts Jesus as savior and lives their life as a Christian in every way with this exception are they saved?

I am uncertain because it's different if in ones heart they know it is sin and are in open rebellion verus being uncertain if it is truly sin and being the best Christian they can be otherwise.

Is an active alcoholic who believes in Jesus Christ saved??

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The question boils down to this:

If a person sincerely thinks that some practice that the Bible condemns as sinful actually is NOT sinful but, rather, that the meaning has been traditionally misunderstood, will that person be saved?

This is not an easy one for us to answer.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question boils down to this:

If a person sincerely thinks that some practice that the Bible condemns as sinful actually is NOT sinful but, rather, that the meaning has been traditionally misunderstood, will that person be saved?

This is not an easy one for us to answer.

I think there are two questions. The question you posed is certainly one (and it evokes other situations, such as observing the Sabbath).

But I don't think I heard the OP actually clarify whether we're talking about someone who is actively pursuing the "sin" as a permissible act, rather than the person who acknowledges it as a sin, but one that he cannot consistently overcome.

Upvote 0