Is an actively gay person who believes in Jesus saved?

sickntired771

Dec 11, 2014
✟15,989.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
I am uncertain as to whether God is for or against homosexuality. I don't seek to debate the subject matter but what I want to know is if God judges or heart not our actions.

If someone is actively involved in a gay relationship but accepts Jesus as savior and lives their life as a Christian in every way with this exception are they saved?

I am uncertain because it's different if in ones heart they know it is sin and are in open rebellion verus being uncertain if it is truly sin and being the best Christian they can be otherwise.

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am uncertain as to whether God is for or against homosexuality. I don't seek to debate the subject matter but what I want to know is if God judges or heart not our actions.

If someone is actively involved in a gay relationship but accepts Jesus as savior and lives their life as a Christian in every way with this exception are they saved?

I am uncertain because it's different if in ones heart they know it is sin and are in open rebellion verus being uncertain if it is truly sin and being the best Christian they can be otherwise.
God judges both our heart (as only He can) and our actions. He also judges based on the "light" that a person has.

1 Samuel 16:7
2 Corinthians 5:10
Luke 12:47-48

Keep in mind though, you can't put one past God, He knows exactly what you're doing and why you're doing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You cannot be an unrepentant homosexual and enter the Kingdom of God:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of us can say with certainty who will be in heaven, or not. God's love is unfathomable, and Jesus came to save us all. We should believe this. :heart:

We can say for certain that everyone who rejects Jesus won't be in Heaven, because that is what Jesus told us:

John 3:18

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

We know that some who call themselves Christians won't make it, because He said this:

Matthew 7:21

Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

The most important thing in this life is to make sure we are born again and that Jesus Christ truly is our Lord and Savior. God loves us, this is true; His love sent Jesus to the cross. You must also understand that it was Gods holiness that required it. God also requires us to repent and turn from our sins; faith without repentance is not a saving faith.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We can say for certain that everyone who rejects Jesus won't be in Heaven, because that is what Jesus told us:

John 3:18

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

We know that some who call themselves Christians won't make it, because He said this:

Matthew 7:21

Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

The most important thing in this life is to make sure we are born again and that Jesus Christ truly is our Lord and Savior. God loves us, this is true; His love sent Jesus to the cross. You must also understand that it was Gods holiness that required it. God also requires us to repent and turn from our sins; faith without repentance is not a saving faith.

While that's true, that is for us to learn while we are here. Learn the nature of God. But, God's love and mercy is still unfathomable and He can choose to forgive anyone.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While that's true, that is for us to learn while we are here. Learn the nature of God. But, God's love and mercy is still unfathomable and He can choose to forgive anyone.

His mercy and love are unfathomable, but His word doesn't change. The scripture is very clear about this:

Revelation 20:15

Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

He made all the provision of His mercy and love at the cross, and He is not forgiving sin outside of the cross of Christ. His is the only name by which men *must* be saved.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
His mercy and love are unfathomable, but His word doesn't change. The scripture is very clear about this:

Revelation 20:15

Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

He made all the provision of His mercy and love at the cross, and He is not forgiving sin outside of the cross of Christ. His is the only name by which men *must* be saved.

That is true, but God knows the heart. So, do you believe that only Christians would go to heaven? I'm not sparring with you, lol I'm sincerely asking what you think about that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is true, but God knows the heart. So, do you believe that only Christians would go to heaven? I'm not sparring with you, lol I'm sincerely asking what you think about that.

Yes, that is what Jesus taught us..this is why we preach the gospel to all nations of the Earth.

Reactions: Sierest
Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is what Jesus taught us..this is why we preach the gospel to all nations of the Earth.

I ask this, mainly because I grew up as a Christian, left the faith, and was an atheist up until very recently. Like last week recently. Something happened and I honestly felt the presence of Jesus. Not just words in a book, but His presence. Like the presence of the Holy Spirit was before me or something, I've never had such a thing happen.

So, here I am...and it's hard for me to see God turning his back on people who are lost, maybe. When people reject the Bible, it's not out of malice, it's often because they have never experienced God in their lives, so a book seems flat and uninviting. I have a hard time with the concepts of heaven and hell, personally, but you're right, the Bible says certain things that separate believers from non believers.

May I ask, do you preach the Gospel in your everyday life? I believe we should let our actual lives of joy and peace be a good ''witness,'' too.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ask this, mainly because I grew up as a Christian, left the faith, and was an atheist up until very recently. Like last week recently. Something happened and I honestly felt the presence of Jesus. Not just words in a book, but His presence. Like the presence of the Holy Spirit was before me or something, I've never had such a thing happen.

So, here I am...and it's hard for me to see God turning his back on people who are lost, maybe. When people reject the Bible, it's not out of malice, it's often because they have never experienced God in their lives, so a book seems flat and uninviting. I have a hard time with the concepts of heaven and hell, personally, but you're right, the Bible says certain things that separate believers from non believers.

May I ask, do you preach the Gospel in your everyday life? I believe we should let our actual lives of joy and peace be a good ''witness,'' too.

That's an amazing testimony, I'm glad that God has become real in your life. I understand what you're saying; I grew up without God in a secular home, and was agnostic by default. I didn't believe in anything supernatural, but then God came into my life and showed me He was real too. I felt His presence and love, and He drew me near to Him. This is actually what the bible says will happen, which is that everyone gets a revelation from God about who He is. Read Romans 1, that is where it speaks very clearly that no one will ultimately have an excuse for rejecting God.

If everyone receives enough revelation to make a choice to accept or reject God, regardless of how it might happen, then it isn't like anyone is slipping through the cracks. God isn't going to send anyone to hell who didn't have a real chance to get to Heaven. I heard a testimony about a native man in Africa somewhere who became aware of his sin and that he could not get rid of it. He went around to witch doctors and wise men and asked them how he could get the blood off of his hands and the black out of his heart. He was sincerely troubled and disturbed, and no one could help him. One day an angel met him in the wilderness and spoke with him, asking if he wanted the answer to his question. The man said yes, and the angel lead him many miles away to a camp where there happened to be a Christian missionary who taught him the way of salvation.

I think it is much the same for every person; God could bring anyone the gospel, he could crash a missionary somewhere. I think it is the choices people make to accept or reject the revelation that God is giving them which lead them towards or away from knowing Jesus. That native man was accepting the revelation God was giving him, so God gave him more revelation and ultimately the way to salvation. Personally, I searched for 10 years before God revealed the truth to me. If we think that there are people God can't reach, we are limiting God. In the end, all of this will be out in the open. We are going to see how God judges the Earth and why it happened the way it did. I don't believe anyone will be able to point a finger at God and say that He did something wrong. Therefore I trust what the bible says that everyone gets a revelation of Him, and that everyone has a real choice, and that on judgment day we will not have any doubt about Gods righteousness.

To answer your other question, I do preach the gospel on occasion. Mostly I do one on one witnessing, when God brings people into my life who I have opportunities to share my testimony with. It's a beautiful thing, and it is a good thing to pray to God and ask Him to put people in your path you can share with. The most powerful witness often is your personal testimony, where you can tell people what God has done for you personally, and relate your experiences to theirs. And for sure, following the second greatest commandment is a great testimony and witnesses the love of God. People have questions though and are confused about spiritual matters, so often they need someone to teach them the way of salvation and answer the objections they may have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2014
✟8,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Indeed God judges the heart. It's a higher standard than the flesh. He comes into the heart and leads to repentance from the heart, and in the Spirit. It's not your flesh he judges because Jesus paid for it all, it's your heart. To give up homosexual life for the life of Christ is done from the heart and not the flesh, and if you are still weak to the sin God's grace covers you.

I think you already know it is unrighteousness as the bible states. It's like a hurdle in the way God leads which you have to get through to keep following. It's a hard thing to surrender when sexual intimacy seems so necessary for life, but you're doing it for the life of Christ. You just have to trust God to sustain you, and he is able by Jesus.

I am uncertain because it's different if in ones heart they know it is sin and are in open rebellion verus being uncertain if it is truly sin and being the best Christian they can be otherwise

It's better to know the truth. And you're not in open rebellion believing on Jesus who saved you from sin, it's only God working on your heart. Surrender to his will, time is short.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We know by Scripture that whatever failures a real "born again" believer in Christ may have, that one will not deliberately/wilfully go against God. Truly there are souls who believe "in" or about Jesus, but are not believing "on" Him. Many so-called "Christians" are not "born again" by the Holy Spirit and sealed as a "child of God", so there is where one will see such deliberate and wicked sins. If one cannot discern who is "born again", then maybe that one should examine their own beliefs by the full Word of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First of all why are you uncertain? Have you not studied the Scriptures regarding this matter? and God judges both heart and actions.

Accepting Jesus as Savior means accepting Him as Lord AT THE SAME TIME. So the Lord says "Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ DEPART FROM INIQUITY" (2 Tim 2:19). Repentance is essential for salvation, and for a homosexual it means an end to homosexuality.

With God there are no uncertainties. Ask yourself why He brought judgment on Sodom and Gomorrah and you have your answer. Abraham pleaded that they be spared if a few righteous people would be found there. None were spared since there was total iniquity in Sodom.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian

It is Christians who are saved, not homosexuals or heterosexuals.

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
well I think for one thing the homosexuals who keep asking these questions prove they don't know him or his word or what is offered or they wouldn't ask this question.

The next obstacle in our way of "being saved" besides our fleshly desires in this life, or "not being saved" isn't a cloud or st peter at the pearly gates. OR ME OR ANYONE ELSE , someplace over a rainbow of love and acceptance.
the next deal in this deal is
it all starts at the resurrection of all the dead .

the real question is ( since the guy in your ORIGINAL question is that they won't repent now ) , so can they/ he / anyone during the tribulation?

the answer appears to be yes if they don't take the mark of the beast and his name ( taking his name means you are being married to it )
so since they are refusing to deal with their flesh now , then there is a scripture that says.

1Co 5:1

It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
1Co 5:2

And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
1Co 5:3

For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
1Co 5:4

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Co 5:5

To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

this is about a willful fornicator (of a women ) we are told he is to be put in Satan's hands. so after being there that will he then choose to be saved on the day of the Lord ? maybe or maybe not . it is about his choices not ours.

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So, let me see if I have this right: You can't save yourself by your deeds, but you can damn yourself by them?

Doesn't sound like honest weights.
God demands perfection. The only way to be saved by your deeds is to be absolutely perfect. So, since this option is no longer available to us, we must move on to plan B.

Upvote 0