Is abortion morally wrong? A point of view.

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This was the only reference to what Sai had to say about abortion in the book 'A Compendium of the Teachings of Sathya Sai Baba'

When asked the question, " When does the soul enter the body? " , He replied,

" The soul enters the body on or after the fifth month. " When asked about

abortion after the fifth month, He answered: " No abortion! ". When asked about

abortion before the fifth month, He said, " No! No! Even before - abortion is

bad... Mind control...Use mind control. " Journey to God, Part II, P 88
Right, can you provide support for the assertion that the soul enters the body around the 5th month? Did God or whatever you think God is tell this person you’re quoting? Should we consider the words of this man to be absolute in authority?

Upvote 0

Carlos234

Jan 26, 2019
Los Angeles
✟17,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
It isn't my place to say whether or not you should believe in something. It's up to you to form your own opinion after an open-minded analysis of what's been written. God never never told Him anything. He is God Himself. He is an avatar. An avatar (Sanskrit: अवतार, IAST: avatāra), a concept in Sanatan Dharma that means "descent", refers to the material appearance or incarnation of a deity on Earth. So of-course His words to me are absolute in authority. If you wish to know more about Him I can provide you with a few links.

Upvote 0

Carlos234

Jan 26, 2019
Los Angeles
✟17,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Right, can you provide support for the assertion that the soul enters the body around the 5th month? Did God or whatever you think God is tell this person you’re quoting? Should we consider the words of this man to be absolute in authority?
It isn't my place to say whether or not you should believe in something. It's up to you to form your own opinion after an open-minded analysis of what's been written. God never never told Him anything. He is God Himself. He is an avatar. An avatar (Sanskrit: अवतार, IAST: avatāra), a concept in Sanatan Dharma that means "descent", refers to the material appearance or incarnation of a deity on Earth. So of-course His words to me are absolute in authority. If you wish to know more about Him I can provide you with a few links.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

There is only one human being who was God incarnate on earth, and His name isn't Sathya Sai Baba.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, as far as my womb is concerned, tie goes to the runner. If
you're conceived there, the umpire yells, "You're safe!". But I’m
not anyone else's judge, jury, or executioner. That said, it has
been argued -- and from a biblical standpoint -- that life begins
at breath rather than conception. I forget the verse cited which
suggests / implies this, but it’s in there. I'm sure there are other
verses that contradict that, though... you know how it is. ;)

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
it has
been argued -- and from a biblical standpoint -- that life begins
at breath rather than conception. I forget the verse cited which
suggests / implies this, but it’s in there.
It's actually... not... in there.

Upvote 0

Carlos234

Jan 26, 2019
Los Angeles
✟17,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
How do you know this?
What evidence can you present to support this claim?
I've already given my answer to this, just scroll through. If you're looking for physical evidence then that I cannot provide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carlos234

Jan 26, 2019
Los Angeles
✟17,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Then why assert it? Are you expecting us to believe mere assertions?
No, the fact that someone who is believed to be God on Earth, said such a thing, I'm expecting one to read and at least find some comfort in the words and if possible clear up a bit of confusion. Surely everyone isn't you.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 2:7, Job 33:4, Ezekiel 37:5-6
Now that you've provided us with three verses, you have to go through the process of actually explaining the context of them, and what they're teaching.

For instance, Genesis 2:7 talks about the formation of the first man, who did not exist in a womb, and was not created VIA fertilization. Hard to draw an analogy.

Job 33:4 says that the breath of the almighty has given me life. Is the breath literal? Is the breath of the almighty actually MY first breath? It doesn't say that it's MY first breath.

Ezekiel 37 is a prophecy which really has nothing to do with when a human being receives an actual soul. Have you even read a commentary on the prophecy?

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Now that you've provided us with three verses, you have to go through the process of actually explaining the context of them, and what they're teaching.

For instance, Genesis 2:7 talks about the formation of the first man, who did not exist in a womb, and was not created VIA fertilization. Hard to draw an analogy.

Job 33:4 says that the breath of the almighty has given me life. Is the breath literal? Is the breath of the almighty actually MY first breath? It doesn't say that it's MY first breath.

Ezekiel 37 is a prophecy which really has nothing to do with when a human being receives an actual soul. Have you even read a commentary on the prophecy?
Of course there are varying opinions on it. No shocker, there! :)

My point was that it has been argued, using the bible, that life
begins at breath rather than conception. I’ve simply provided
the verses that have been used that you had said weren't in
there. Beyond that, I really don’t have a hen in this horse race,
and the thread will likely be shut down soon enough, people can
continue to be wrong on the internet and we can continue getting
on with our lives. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I made no mention of mass protest nor state affairs only you taking action to stop “murder” a short drive from where you are posting. Is disconnecting the water and power lines from your local abortion clinic, where you contend children are being murdered, to difficult? It would prevent murders tomorrow.

If one is either being disingenuous about what they believe to be heinous activity or one must not be on Christian forums but must be out righting all the wrongs one sees then I suppose you would explain your presence here by some certainty you have that nothing untoward is happening to anyone anywhere on the planet?

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,732.00
Faith
Atheist
If I can make only make one happy then so be it.
When I said that there might be only 1 who believes god-on-earth, I assumed that that one was you. Do you believe this? If you are that 1, are you talking to make yourself happy?

Upvote 0