Feb 23, 2004
✟380,559.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So if god measures then you can not make any judgment on their faith.
But we do have the lessons from the Bible.

From what i can tell (on the subject of Iron) as I recall the israelites where a bronze age civilazation while the ones that they frequently lost against where an ironage civ and thats why they would lose. Nothing to do with god but simply technology.
This was the same God who split the Red Sea for their parents to cross. God would have won them the victory if they had only pursued it. The faith is what causes people in that situation to pursue it, God does the rest.

Do you think if someone were to shoot you were with a bullet point blank and you had absolute faith that god would protect you then would you die?
That's actually different, because what Israel was supposed to be doing was accomplishing a task for God.

Upvote 0

ranmaonehalf

Nov 5, 2006
✟9,473.00
Faith
Atheist
so can you make up your mind? can we or cant we judge?
The only thing you have is that
A: god was with them
and B: they lost vs iron chariots.

I dont see where it says, there faith was lacking so they lost.
And it seems just natural that a bronze age vs an Iron age culture is oging to lose. If you take the christian with absolute faith in the past and put them up vs a more advanced culture they will lose. God cant do anything about it as shown by the chariots episode. Once again do you honestly htink if you had absolute faith in god anything is possible? Your answer must be yes or your claim is worthless.

One more time, god was with them (whatever that ment ) and they lost. Nowhere did it say they lost due to lack of faith in god. (faith in what exactly?)

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Napoleon said "God favors the side with the best artillery".

I imagine back then the saying would be, "God favors the side with iron chariots"

"God was with them" is probably more of an expression here then a absolute statement. Likewise, during sporting events we see a lot of Jesus and God attributions despite roughly equal amounts of prayer on each side.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.