✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LINK

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called on U.S. President George W. Bush to participate in a "direct television debate with us," so Iran can voice its point of view on how to end problems in the world. "But the condition is that there can be no censorship, especially for the American nation," he said Tuesday.
The White House called the offer to debate Bush a "diversion" from international concerns over Iran's nuclear program, Reuters reported.

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
An unsurprising, cowardly response from the Bush regime.

Honestly -- why do these people fear an honest, open debate?
It's easier to close your eyes, plug your ears and scream accusations.
Bush and millions of Americans want a war with Iran, and don't want to be confused by the possiblilities of peace.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟394,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's easier to close your eyes, plug your ears and scream accusations.
Bush and millions of Americans want a war with Iran, and don't want to be confused by the possiblilities of peace.

I'd like to see a source also that MILLIONS of Americans want a war with Iran.

EDIT:
Though I guess one could Guess that 1-2% of the TOTAL Population of 298,444,215 (July 2006 est.) Might want war, but I'd still like a source to back it up that they "WANT War"

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

Saeph

It's not uncommon to see that opinion in newspaper articles, websites, even on these forums.
If a poll was taken and even 1% of Americans wanted a war with Iran, that would be millions.

Those 1 % (~ 3.000.000) would be pitted against 99 % (~ 297.000.000)...

But seriously: Show us a source, because assumptions are just assumptions. And don't always trust the (american) media...

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hey, if Iran's leader is the crazed madman everyone makes him out to be, I'm sure Bush would beat him soundly, no problem. Right?

That's just it. I don't think he's crazy. I think he has a better grasp about how the world works than Bush and 99% of America does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟394,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

But seriously: Show us a source, because assumptions are just assumptions. And don't always trust the (american) media...

Should we Ever Trust the american media ? :D

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Look, you honestly think a debate with anyone will help Bush? With no disrespect meant, debating is hardly his strong point.

Which is precisely why John Kerry won the presidential election....not c/c Bush is a bad debater, Kerry is just so good.

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
I sure hope you're right and 99% really would be against a war. A war between America and Iran would hurt a lot of people, and not just Americans and Iranians.

But seriously: Show us a source, because assumptions are just assumptions.
It was an assumption. I wasn't quoting a poll or something or I would have posted it. I don't see anything wrong with asumptions though. 99% of what's posted on this forum are assumptions. Now there's another assumption for you ;).
And don't always trust the (american) media...
Yeah, I'm pretty safe on that one, the media in general is fairly poopish, I remember back around the end of 2001 reading on BBC about Israeli agents being arrested in the Mexican congress building with grenades and explosives and carrying passports from Pakistan or somewhere like that. Research that story now adays and surprise surprise! It's been erased from BBCs archives. But what I base my assumption on (darn, there's that word again) is what I see a lot of people saying.

Upvote 0