Kafir
May 30, 2009
Canada
✟9,589.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Two Shiite Muslim television stations in Lebanon canceled a controversial program about Jesus on Friday, saying they do not want to stir up sectarian conflict in the country.

The 17-episode program, which was produced in Iran, describes Jesus from an Islamic point of view. Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet and a teacher, but not the son of God.

"General Security has requested the two Lebanese television channels airing the series during the holy month of Ramadan stop the broadcasts," an official under the condition of anonymity said.
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2010/08/13/116527.html

The best TV series and shows in the Arab world broadcast in Ramadan where most families stay home and watch TV together, Jesus is only allowed to be shown in the shia sect of Islam.

DanielRB

Slave of Allah
Jul 16, 2004
New Mexico
✟18,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Interesting how "pc" those durn Muslims can be...clearly this demonstrates the liberal-muslim alliance. :wink:

I have a copy of an Iranian Moive called "Saint Mary" made a few years back. Clearly from a Quranic perspective, but in no way offensive (much less offensive to me than "The Last Temptation of Christ", and much less loony than "The DaVinci Code").

Upvote 0

Jonathan David

Revolutionary Dancer
Jan 19, 2004
Home.... mostly
Visit site
✟21,356.00
Faith
Judaism
This is clearly just a islamo-fascist-jihadist attempt to confuse people into thinking that maybe the wing-nuts are wrong so as to lull the west into a sense of false security.

Did I say wing-nuts? I meant.... ummm.... respectable political commentators on Fox and similarly awesome fora.

By which of course I mean wing-nuts.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
You take a break during Ramadan? ;) Ramadan Mubarak by the way. :)

I felt I should stay, gives me something to do during the day while I fast. Being that we're stuck on the bases here in Iraq, not allot to do until I need to go on a financing mission once a week. :wave:

Upvote 0

DanielRB

Slave of Allah
Jul 16, 2004
New Mexico
✟18,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Lebanon has a 22% Christian population, and the President by law has to be a Christian. So this isn't all that surprising in such a religiously diverse country. You want sectarian co-operation, not sectarian violence.

Not surprising, perhaps...but in the West where we have religious diversity, a heck of a lot MORE offensive things are allowed...all in the name of "freedom", by of which of course people interpret as trying to tick off as many people you don't like and expect them to smile.

"I want nothing more than the respect and admiration of people whom I utterly loathe and despise."

Upvote 0