Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems like Trump has been trying to start trouble with Iran. Itching for a war. I wouldn't really trust Trump with this issue.

Not Trump in particular. People above the president's pay grade have been pushing for a war with Iran for the last three administrations. Trump is merely the one weakest enough to follow their instructions.

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
The US has explicitly said--and then proven--that this country will not keep any agreement with Iran.

And in sowing the wind we are eternally reaping the whirlwind. Our actions in 1953 lead to 1979 which is leading us to today.

We are incapable of learning from history.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope.

Your country overthrew a democratically elected government and installed a puppet, and ever since the Iranians told you where to get off you have held a grudge. I'd rather do what Iran wants and expects than help enforce the evil that is the US hegemony. Iran is in the right in this conflict.

And more irony is that the Shah was actually negotiating abdication with the State Department to bring his entire family to the US.

The CIA was already in conversation with the Ayatollah Khomeini in France to make a handover of government.

But then the Carter Administration did a double turn and encouraged the military to establish itself before Khomeini got there.

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not Trump in particular. People above the president's pay grade have been pushing for a war with Iran for the last three administrations. Trump is merely the one weakest enough to follow their instructions.

I agree with this. Clearly Bolton has been kicking around and I wonder what his deeper malfunction is. Perhaps if his children or grandchildren were to be drafted into the first wave of American boots-on-the-Ground in a potential conflict with Iran he'd perhaps moderate his stance?

Trump's lack of understanding of geopolitical issues (or much of anything for that matter) leaves him vulnerable to someone like Bolton but who also understands how to turn that horror show into something that would stroke Trump's ego sufficient to get him on board. That bar isn't very hard to clear it seems.

Ugh.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
original.jpg

It's probably actually GOOD thing that Trump likes Vladimir Putin so much considering how many times the Russians have been flying their bombers and warships very close to us lately. I mean if Trump actually thought the bloodthirsty dictator, Putin, wasn't his best friend we'd probably be in a war with Russia now!

While we're at it...

3w2g5ecuckay.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: carlv_52
Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's the detail in my posts you seem to have overlooked. I'm not asking for "perfection", I'm merely asking for people who understand that they are NOT perfect. That they are, indeed, capable of very bad things.

When a person tells me that they will NEVER honor a vow or promise, I am forced to take them on their word. ESPECIALLY when they double down on their evil and hold it aloft as a virtue or ignore that it is evil. Those are the people I am EXCEEDINGLY frightened of.

You raised Clinton for whatever reason, but now, 20+ years later it is Trump who is in office and Trump has stated time and again that he despises all the virtues that normal people honor. He loves the lie, he loves the broken vow, he loves the broken promise.

I know he does because this is what he tells us every single day.

Perhaps its a good thing to get these things off your chest. The only thing I can suggest to you is not to vote for the candidate that freaks you out the most. Obviously that will not guarantee that person won't be elected because others might not feel as you do. Not much of a consolation since the one you are exceedingly frightened of is the one in office (in charge of that nuclear football which could end life as we know it) but its not good to walk around in such a state.

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Perhaps its a good thing to get these things off your chest.

your post seems a bit passive aggressive.

Not much of a consolation since the one you are exceedingly frightened of is the one in office (in charge of that nuclear football which could end life as we know it) but its not good to walk around in such a state.

Perhaps you could dial back on the passive aggressive snark. Thanks.

If you want to have a conversation I'm more than happy to, but I won't sit here while you patronize.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
This isn't healthy

I'm new here so I'm hoping you can tell me what kind of problem you have with me. I'm just curious because you seem to want to really annoy me so you take this passive-aggressive patronizing tone. And you double down on it.

I'd like to hang around here a bit so I'm hoping you'll just leave me alone and troll someone else.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I doubt it. They want to wipe Israel off the face of the map.

They do it and they will be wiped off the face of the earth as well. They aren’t nearly as stupid or hate filled as you think they are that they would die themselves if they could kill Israel as well. Like I mentioned before, this isn’t an evil organization in a Bond movie. They are a country who has a national soccer league, Olympic wrestlers, and a tourism board.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They do it and they will be wiped off the face of the earth as well. They aren’t nearly as stupid or hate filled as you think they are that they would die themselves if they could kill Israel as well. Like I mentioned before, this isn’t an evil organization in a Bond movie. They are a country who has a national soccer league, Olympic wrestlers, and a tourism board.
They also have a very religious agenda. You missed that.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It does become our business when innocent people die because of the use of it. Unless one supports a political stance that allowed two world wars.
Are innocent people in America dying because of Iran? No. All I see, is when a Republicans are elected. It's time to start another war. Anyways American needs to give Iran their money back. Or they have every right to go to war with America.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Their money was released to them when the agreement was made with the Obama administration.
So they got their money. I thought Trump stopped the money.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

They have a religious rhetoric. They are far, far less dangerous to the west than Saudi Arabia.

There is a reason why young Muslims raised in the West can join an organization like ISIS, and Saudi Arabia is behind it.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They have a religious rhetoric. They are far, far less dangerous to the west than Saudi Arabia.

There is a reason why young Muslims raised in the West can join an organization like ISIS, and Saudi Arabia is behind it.
There is a reason why there is no ISIS today.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

A religious agenda that considers the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem the third holiest site. Do you really think they would destroy the third holiest site in their religion just to spite their enemy? They may sabre rattle but there is no way they would nuke Israel if given the means. They would end up destroying a major piece of Islamic history, killing roughly 1.5 million Muslims along with causing their own death by the hands of nuclear weapons from the international community. Not a chance this happens.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a reason why there is no ISIS today.

There is still an ISIS, and there will be again, under that name or another...because Saudi Arabia continues to fund the Wahhabi radicalism that causes it, because Saudi Arabia continues the world-wide outreach to teach it, and because continuing war in the Middle East continues to provide fighters for it.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0