Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
With Iranian leaders believing that the Biden Administration could end in early 2025, there likely will be more significant advances in Iran’s nuclear program this year to take advantage of the current administration’s weak foreign policy and to pursue a possible last chance to revive the JCPOA on terms favorable to Iran.

It has been estimated that Iran received an additional 250 billion dollars because of the policies of the Biden administration. So now the nuclear bomb in the hands of Iran is imminent, and may very well occur on Joe's watch. I believe Israel will be forced to take action.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not only Biden it's Republicans since Bush. Trump was right about Ukraine back in 2014.

"A popular revolution in 2014 ousted the pro-Russia regime in Kyiv, which was led by President Viktor Yanukovych, and replaced it with a Western-leaning government. Russian troops soon invaded the Ukrainian territory of Crimea, initiating the armed conflict that escalated this year.
Within weeks, Trump praised Putin for how he handled the takeover of Crimea and predicted that “the rest of Ukraine will fall … fairly quickly.”

And yet people's trusted news sources are still manipulating people's ignorance.

"The Russian invasion of Ukraine didn’t just happen out of nowhere.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ratcheted up tensions with the West for the better part of the last decade – he annexed Crimea, meddled in US elections,"

Because we meddled in Ukraine's government affairs we are paying the price today.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's not only Biden it's Republicans since Bush. Trump was right about Ukraine back in 2014.
"A popular revolution in 2014 ousted the pro-Russia regime in Kyiv, which was led by President Viktor Yanukovych, and replaced it with a Western-leaning government. Russian troops soon invaded the Ukrainian territory of Crimea, initiating the armed conflict that escalated this year.
Within weeks, Trump praised Putin for how he handled the takeover of Crimea and predicted that “the rest of Ukraine will fall … fairly quickly.”

I thought it was worth looking back at 2014:

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

And yet people's trusted news sources are still manipulating people's ignorance.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ratcheted up tensions with the West for the better part of the last decade – he annexed Crimea, meddled in US elections,"

Because we meddled in Ukraine's government affairs we are paying the price today.

And yet people wonder why some think Trump is a Putin sycophant.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And yet people wonder why some think Trump is a Putin sycophant.
The real estate mogul and reality-TV star, who has criticized Putin for sending military troops into Crimea, said Obama must now take fierce steps to prevent the situation from escalating further.
“We should definitely do sanctions and we have to show some strengths. I mean, Putin has eaten Obama’s lunch, therefore our lunch, for a long period of time,” Trump said.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can understand millineals lack of fear of nuclear war but I'm surprised more boomers aren't speaking out against this war. Maybe we all have dementia or maybe we all lived a long life and don't give a crap.

• Agree
Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can understand millineals lack of fear of nuclear war but I'm surprised more boomers aren't speaking out against this war. Maybe we all have dementia or maybe we all lived a long life and don't give a crap.
Or MAYBE it's because boomers (like me) lived with it for so long we're used to it. Most of us knew that if we lived in fear of it our whole lives, we wouldn't enjoy living.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or MAYBE it's because boomers (like me) lived with it for so long we're used to it. Most of us knew that if we lived in fear of it our whole lives, we wouldn't enjoy living.
For 30 years we had good times 70's -90's but after the turn of the century wars came back.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For 30 years we had good times 70's -90's but after the turn of the century wars came back.
Well, in the Strategic Air Command, November 1973 and particularly November 1983 were two terrifying months.

November 1983, we had several of the scariest days of my life. I was a member of the Strategic Air Combat Operations Staff at Strategic Air Command headquarters, Offutt AFB, NE. We were in the middle of an annual nuclear war exercise called ABLE ARCHER 83. This was at the end of the first week of a two-week command post exercise that would culminate in an all-out nuclear exchange with the Soviet Union.

We had just finished the first part of the exercise, up to the point that the NCA (National Command Authority, someone was playing the president) had given the "execution order" to launch the Major Attack Option. Down in the SAC Underground Command Post, our part in the exercise ended 30 minutes after the execution order. We estimated there were a couple of dozen Soviet nuclear warheads targeted toward the spot I was sitting, so we were presumed dead at that time. So, thirty minutes after the exercise execution order, we could clean up our areas, climb the ramps out of the 3-story underground bunker, and go home (Everyone but the generals. They got onto a plane and took off to safety, leaving us worker bees there).

That's how it had always been in years before.

But that year it was a special exercise. That year, someone in the Pentagon had had the brilliant idea of combining all the services' annual nuclear war exercises into one big exercise. And, heck, let's get the NCA involved as well. Let's even get NATO in on it. Let's exercise the entire thing, everybody involved for the first time ever.

A lot of people may not remember how scary 1983 had already been. Just two months before, the Soviets had shot down Korean Air Lines flight 007, killing an American Congressman. A few weeks after that, the Soviet missile warning system had suffered a malfunction that appeared to them to be an American missile launch. One particular Soviet officer (correctly) guessed in time that a genuine American attack would consist of more than one missile and called off the Soviet retaliation.

And there had been many things the entire year, with the US poking the Bear quite relentlessly. Frankly, we did not realize how close to the edge the Soviets were. President Reagan would later write:

"Three years had taught me something surprising about the Russians: Many people at the top of the Soviet hierarchy were genuinely afraid of America and Americans. Perhaps this shouldn't have surprised me, but it did."

Here is why: When Yuri Andropov was installed as president of the Soviet Union, he got a briefing he'd never gotten before: The USSR had lost the Cold War, and the US would be able to launch a nuclear attack and prevail against the USSR with (by Soviet standards) "acceptable losses." And Yuri Andropov fully believed President Reagan would launch that attack. This is something we didn't fully learn and understand until we got some of the USSR's documents in the 90s after it fell. When we did discover that...we got cold chills after the fact, and a lot of Andropov's actions and rhetoric, which we had thought overblown at the time, made sense.

So, on that day in 1983, we'd gotten the execution order just before noon. I cleaned up my desk in the bunker and went up to my regular desk that was in the "first floor" of the Building 500 basement. I planned to check the morning message traffic and go home.

But I got a telephone call: "Report back to the Underground Command post immediately!" I hightailed it back down and was told, "The Soviets have reacted to the exercise."

I'm not going into all that we'd detected them doing, but it was serious. Very serious. Essentially, the entire first week we'd played of the "exercise" building to an all-out nuclear exchange suddenly started playing out for real over the next few days.

Wikipedia gives a pretty good outline of some of what was going on, and there are a couple of videos about ABLE ARCHER 83 on YouTube that are decent. I'd recommend you check them out.

But none of them conveys the genuine terror we were feeling down in that bunker. We knew diplomats were working to calm down the Soviets, but we had to operate on the premise that the war was going to happen.

It was all still happening at the command post level--the president didn't raise the operational DEFCON because that would make things worse--but in the command post, we were truly preparing for nuclear war as furiously as we could. I didn't leave Building 500 for four days. SR-71 missions were flying like crazy out of Mildenhall and Kadena.

One colonel did crack a joke: "Dammit, we just bought a house!"

But during every briefing, the generals' faces were grim and as gray as concrete. I don't think I've ever seen consternation like that in men before.

A lot of people were responsible for us avoiding nuclear war doing the Cold War era. Even my own prayer during those particular days may have helped: "Jesus! Please stop us!"

We had another period not quite as scary during exactly the same weeks during the 1973 Arab-Israeli War. At one point it appeared the Egyptians were about to overrun Israel. The US Med fleet was heading to attack Egypt and the Soviet Black Sea fleet was heading to intercept the American fleet. In that case, President Nixon did, indeed, raise the national DEFCON level.

I was still a cub in Intelligence school at the time, so I didn't really understand the implications, but I noticed that my elders were visibly shaken and nervous. It was ten years later (while on the SAC Air Combat Staff) reading the historical records that I realized we'd been quite close to war with the Soviets in 73.

It's rather interesting: The last couple of weeks of October nearly brought us to war in 63, 73, and again in 83.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, in the Strategic Air Command, November 1973 and particularly November 1983 were two terrifying months.
Yes, your job was privy to that information but I don't remember too much of it. I remember 007 because of James Bond No wonder I didn't hear about it DEFCON. I do remember some incidents with Lybia during mid 80's
war in 63, 73, and again in 83.
WOW I knew about, WOW, WOW I guess ignorance is bliss.
Wikipedia gives a pretty good outline of all that was going on, and there are a couple of videos about ABLE ARCHER 83 on YouTube that are decent. I'd recommend you check them out.
I will. Thank you for this history lesson.

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was in active duty service from 1978-2002 and could tell some close call stories, too……needless to say the threat of a nuclear war was a reality we lived with and dealt with. It didn’t rule our lives then and it doesn’t rule mine now.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It didn’t rule our lives then and it doesn’t rule mine now.
I hope I didn't give you the impression that I am feared of a nuclear holocaust. I ain't scared of nothin except disappointing God who loves me and my wife. It's an uncomfortable feeling when the wife is upset.
We can end ourselves tomorrow for all I care but I still want time with my kids and grandchildren 30 years, it's only natural.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,588.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With Iranian leaders believing that the Biden Administration could end in early 2025, there likely will be more significant advances in Iran’s nuclear program this year to take advantage of the current administration’s weak foreign policy and to pursue a possible last chance to revive the JCPOA on terms favorable to Iran.

It has been estimated that Iran received an additional 250 billion dollars because of the policies of the Biden administration. So now the nuclear bomb in the hands of Iran is imminent, and may very well occur on Joe's watch. I believe Israel will be forced to take action.

Why does Iran want nuclear weapons?

To hasten the return of the Mahdi. We know the Mahdi as the Anti-Christ. Anyway, chaos is required to hasten the return of the Mahdi. That means millions of deaths. Those will be Christian deaths.

Iran is Behind the Destruction of the West | Christian Forums

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

One of my strengths on this and many other issues is based on a simple choice I made back in spring of 1997: I ceased all broadcast television into my home. It's not that I'm so smart nowadays. Rather, it is simply that I'm not exposed to all the propaganda. I pull my news rather than let it be pushed on me. It changes everything. The only risk is that one is not diligent about pulling from diverse sources. One can fall into the trap of just exposing oneself to sources they agree with. Then you can end up "self propagandizing". This is why I expose myself to Al Jazeera, MSNBC, CNN the big three, etc. I compare their coverage to my favorite sources and let the chips fall where they may.

However, the more I do that, the less I respect the "major" sources - even the NYT and WaPo. I have to say that Sky News is a lot of fun, though. :tearsofjoy:

Results:
1. I read some articles and saw some interviews and decided I didn't need to mask up for Covid and I was never vaxxed. I travelled by car all over the country and never got Covid. And I just turned 70.
2. It was clear to me that it was lame to bring chargers against Zimmerman and, later, Rittenhouse.
3. It was clear that Blazey Ford was lying.
4. I don't take any of the AGW stuff seriously any more (global warming). I've seen it as a power grab since 2006, and events have only confirmed the validity of that perspective.
5. I saw Juicy Smallyay as a hoax within a day of first hearing the story. It made zero sense on several levels.
6. George Floyd was not murdered. He died of a drug overdose (three times the fatal level of Fentanyl in his system).
7. Although sometimes Trump lost in lower courts, I didn't care because he usually won in higher courts. On a side note, I think that regarding suing Trump, he's like Br'er Rabbit: "Please don't throw me into the briar patch!" It's his element.

I lost trust in the MSM before a lot of people here were born. I see it as mostly good for comic relief. I've also had revelations over the last few years when visiting friends and being exposed to the MSM at their homes. The content is laughable, but relentless. No wonder people were wearing two masks while riding their bike. :tearsofjoy:

But to directly address the subject at hand, your post nailed it. Well done. I liked Trump because he was getting us out of worldwide empire building. And when Biden got in, it was business as usual. I'm sure the military industrial complex loves him. People forget that both Ike and JFK warned us about that.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
One of my strengths on this and many other issues is based on a simple choice I made back in spring of 1997: I ceased all broadcast television into my home. It's not that I'm so smart nowadays. Rather, it is simply that I'm not exposed to all the propaganda. I pull my news rather than let it be pushed on me. It changes everything. The only risk is that one is not diligent about pulling from diverse sources.

Does it tell you anything about Iran and nuclear weapons?

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does it tell you anything about Iran and nuclear weapons?
Yeah. Don't trust the MSM and don't trust Iran about ANYTHING. Ignore what they say and watch what they do. And compare our situation with them today to our situation five years ago.

BTW, I've applied that thinking to all politicians since close to the turn of the century. I ignore what they say and focus on what they do. I was lied to far too much between the 60's and the turn of the century. It's why I was not a fan of Trump before he was elected but learned to love him once he actually started doing things. And the same can be said of Biden, which is why I consider him one of the worst, if not the worst, presidents in the history of our nation.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I ceased all broadcast television into my home. It's not that I'm so smart nowadays. Rather, it is simply that I'm not exposed to all the propaganda. I pull my news rather than let it be pushed on me.
I'm slow. Years ago when I first got the inkling that the media was lying I allowed myself to crawl into a box and listen to my trusted news site. I have always listened to the other side like the old saying goes, know your enemy. I left the tribe a couple of years ago when I found out that the war in Iraq was over the petrol dollar. I remember that the left was saying it was over oil which I thought was hogwash but they were closer to the truth than the right.
1. I read some articles and saw some interviews and decided I didn't need to mask up for Covid and I was never vaxxed. I travelled by car all over the country and never got Covid. And I just turned 70.
During that time I was 61 and the way the media and our government feared everyone into the vaccine made me suspicious. I remember reading a technical manual on PSYOP in the Army and fear is a tactic. This made me look into my health because at the time I was overweight and found some health videos that helped me lose weight and found that I could reverse my type 2 diabetes. Then I realized the healthcare industry is a giant cabal and the FDA isn't helping Americans with their health. I lost faith in my government.
I don't take any of the AGW stuff seriously any more (global warming). I've seen it as a power grab since 2006, and events have only confirmed the validity of that perspective.
I believe the science and our Co2 levels are rising but we are not getting the whole picture. What bothers me is the activism fearmongering that the world is going to end on x date and the money grabs due to climate change.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm slow. Years ago when I first got the inkling that the media was lying I allowed myself to crawl into a box and listen to my trusted news site. I have always listened to the other side like the old saying goes, know your enemy. I left the tribe a couple of years ago when I found out that the war in Iraq was over the petrol dollar. I remember that the left was saying it was over oil which I thought was hogwash but they were closer to the truth than the right.

During that time I was 61 and the way the media and our government feared everyone into the vaccine made me suspicious. I remember reading a technical manual on PSYOP in the Army and fear is a tactic. This made me look into my health because at the time I was overweight and found some health videos that helped me lose weight and found that I could reverse my type 2 diabetes. Then I realized the healthcare industry is a giant cabal and the FDA isn't helping Americans with their health. I lost faith in my government.

I believe the science and our Co2 levels are rising but we are not getting the whole picture. What bothers me is the activism fearmongering that the world is going to end on x date and the money grabs due to climate change.
When the "front man" for a cause is someone like Al Gore, Bill Nye, or Greta Thunberg, that cause becomes very suspicious to me. ;)

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was not a fan of Trump before he was elected but learned to love him once he actually started doing things.
Same here I thought Trump was a democrat plant (Hollywood). I preferred Cruz. His being a Racist is the biggest distortion of facts by the media. My wife (proud college-educated Mexican) and I saw his speech and if she had got the impression that Trump was racist she would have dropped him like a bad habit.

Upvote 0