kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
“CNN: The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps said in its Telegram channel that, in the event Iranian soil is bombed, it will target the cities of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and Haifa, Israel, in the third wave of operations.“

Media spin, a key piece of context is missing.

Iran warned U.S. allies that if attacks are launched from their countries, Iran will retaliate against those countries from which those attacks on Iran originated.

And U.S. jets were seen taking off from Dubai. If not also from Haifa.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When stupid men, One with a bad comb-over, and the other with a religious head-dress, are put in charge and decide to bang heads.

Now of course - this could never be about stealing the massive oil reserves there - like in Iraq - no of course not.

What is it that the USA seeks to embroil themselves in military action around the world. They have bombed more nations than the rest of the world combined. They have used more chemical weapons than the rest of the world combined. They are the only nation to use nuclear weapons on civilian populations - twice. They lied to their allies about WMD in Iraq and started a war over it. I'm starting to think - is this ally more of a problem than our so-called enemies?

Now of course we have idiots from Iran, predictably, reacting. But Im pretty sure thats what the US govt wanted - a provocation to attack Iran and take the oil and thus secure the swathe of land from Turkey to Pakistan, thus strategically controlling a massive sea-lane, and oil and gas fields..... wait no - the USA wouldnt be like that would it?

If leaders adopted the stance that - Its not my land so I wont touch it - I wont kill anyone there - I wont steal any of their resources - this world would be a lot safer. But no - we have greedy meglamaniacs in charge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
this could never be about stealing the massive oil reserves there - like in Iraq - no of course not.

What is it that the USA seeks to embroil themselves in military action around the world. They have bombed more nations than the rest of the world combined. They have used more chemical weapons than the rest of the world combined. They are the only nation to use nuclear weapons on civilian populations - twice. They lied to their allies about WMD in Iraq and started a war over it. I'm starting to think - is this ally more of a problem than our so-called enemies?

Now of course we have idiots, predictably, reacting. But Im pretty sure thats what the US govt wanted - a provocation to attack Iran and take the oil and thus secure the swathe of land from Turkey to Pakistan, thus strategically controlling a massive sea-lane, and oil and gas fields..... wait no - the USA wouldnt be like that would it?

If leaders adopted the stance that - Its not my land so I wont touch it - I wont kill anyone there - I wont steal any of their resources - this world would be a lot safer. But no - we have greedy meglamaniacs in charge.

There we go it's all about oil.

Jeepers even the goats don't believe that.

Let's throw the old oil card out --
works everytime.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

works everytime.

M-Bob

The goats don't have an opinion. They're too busy running away from the forest fires...that were not caused by climate change...that doesn't exist....

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is a quote — completely unedited — showing attempts at the ruthless exercise of lethal meddling in the Middle East; the references are to former CIA head William Casey and former long-serving Saudi Ambassador in Washington, DC, Prince Bandar bin Sultan:

(Please bear in mind that this quote is completely unedited: )

'The Saudis came up with an Englishman who had served in the British Special Air Services, the elite commando special operations forces. This man traveled extensively around the Middle East, and went in and out of Lebanon from another Arab state. He would be an ideal leader of a sophisticated operation. The CIA, of course, could have nothing to do with "elimination." The Saudis, if asked would back a CIA denial concerning involvement or knowledge. Liaison with foreign intelligence services was one CIA activity out of the reach of congressional oversight; Casey had flatly refused to tell the committees about this sensitive work. And in this case, the CIA as an institution did not know. Nothing was written down, there were no records. The Saudi $3 million deposited in the Geneva account was "laundered" through transfers among other bank accounts, making sure it could not be traced.
The Englishman established operational compartments to carry out separate parts of the assassination plan; none had any communication with any other except through him. Several men were hired to procure a large quantity of explosives; another man was hired to find a car; money was paid to informants to make sure they knew where Fadlallah would be at a certain time; another group was hired to design an after-action deception so that the Saudis and the CIA would not be connected; the Lebanese intelligence service hired the men to carry out the operation.
On March 8, 1985, a car packed with explosives was driven into a Beirut suburb about fifty yards from Fadlallah's high-rise residence. The car exploded, killing eighty and wounding two hundred, leaving devastation, fires and collapsed buildings. Anyone who had happened to be in the immediate neighborhood was killed, hurt or terrorized, but Fadlallah escaped without injury. His followers strung a huge "MADE IN USA" banner in front of a building that had been blown out.'

The author of this quote is not some marginal, grudge-driven, blogging radical that is venting his imagination.

It's Bob Woodward.

Bob Woodward, Veil: The Secret Wars of the CIA 1981-1987, New York, London, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo: Simon and Schuster, p. 397.

(The Hollywood movie Spy Game (2001), with Robert Redford and Brad Pitt, is partly based on the US attempt to kill Sheikh Fadlallah.)

If you see history repeating itself and neo-colonial business as usual being carried out — with expected denials and moralizing against 'terrorism' — there is no need to be surprised.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And people thought I was a fool when I told them that "if-an-I-were-a-the-President", etc, right now my "number one top and number one highest priority" over "everything and anything else" was to fully develop a "for sure, sure fire anti-missile defense system", so that missiles launched from any country or nation could just be shot down/up in the air, or very shortly after they left their pads, etc, cause I thought that was the most number one major threat to our national and global security and stability first and foremost, both nationally and worldwide, etc, and they laughed at me, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Oh, and I also wanted to know how good our spying ability and survalence technology and intel was worldwide, etc, so we would always know the very instant any country was even maybe even secretly even having even the remotest thought about launching any missiles, etc, so that along with our new missile defense system, which I would make a top priority, no long to medium range, or moderate range distance missile ever launched from anywhere would no longer be a threat for anyone anymore, and hopefully, in time, nations would just stop pursuing the technology and not developing them anymore, etc... and they laughed at me, etc...

So the future nuclear threat could be eliminated as well, and maybe nations would no longer seek the technology if they could not put them atop missiles anymore, etc...

And they laughed at me, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And the paranoia runs rampant.......
None of this would even be neccessary, or a problem or a threat anymore, for anyone, if we could do what I am talking about, etc...

Could force a new age and era of peace, etc...

Or "relative peace" at least, etc...

Temporarily anyway, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(So again I would suggest, Read Stephen Kinzer's book: )

Stephen Kinzer, formerly of the New York Times, has graphically described the events of the 1953 coup which deposed Iranian Prime Minister Mossadegh, in his: 'All the Shah's Men: An American Coup and the Roots of Middle East Terror', Wiley publishers.

This sanguinary coup-d'état was organized by Kermit Roosevelt from the American Embassy in Tehran, assisted by the CIA.

When therefore the Shah fell in 1979, this puts into context — while not justifying — the angry fervor of Iranian revolutionaries in seeing — again — the American Embassy in Tehran as a threat against their revolution and in the taking of hostages, not released until January 1981.

The US itself has subsequently had a very major part in promoting Shiite politicians in Iraq. The fact that some radical Shiite revolutionaries view US bases in the region as a threat to their revolution does not remotely excuse their actions.

But given the US's diplomatic record in the region, it is hard to expect, that with the US having played major roles in exacerbating Shiite fervor, Shiite revolutionaries will in turn simply behave in a genteel, quiescent manner.

So, does wisdom lie in escalation? or containment?

Stephen Kinzer's sobering book is worth reading.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And people thought I was a fool when I told them that "if-an-I-were-a-the-President", etc, right now my "number one top and number one highest priority" over "everything and anything else" was to fully develop a "for sure, sure fire anti-missile defense system", so that missiles launched from any country or nation could just be shot down/up in the air, or very shortly after they left their pads, etc, cause I thought that was the most number one major threat to our national and global security and stability first and foremost, both nationally and worldwide, etc, and they laughed at me, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Oh, and I also wanted to know how good our spying ability and survalence technology and intel was worldwide, etc, so we would always know the very instant any country was even maybe even secretly even having even the remotest thought about launching any missiles, etc, so that along with our new missile defense system, which I would make a top priority, no long to medium range, or moderate range distance missile ever launched from anywhere would no longer be a threat for anyone anymore, and hopefully, in time, nations would just stop pursuing the technology and not developing them anymore, etc... and they laughed at me, etc...

So the future nuclear threat could be eliminated as well, and maybe nations would no longer seek the technology if they could not put them atop missiles anymore, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!
They're response was, "Wasn't that something Ronald Regan was trying to develop a long time ago?"

And my response is, "Yes it is/was, but it was abandoned and put off for "all way too much more important dangling carrots" at the time, or afterwards, or after that, etc"...

Bettin ya'll wishin we had it now huh...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,975.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Nothing. I think they might have locked trumps phone in the "in case of war" safe.

Actually, that might be the only way to prevent the war. Lock all his toys away until he backs down.

Edit: Nevermind. Trump twittered "All is well."

lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

works everytime.

M-Bob
Well Bob - I accept its my suspicious mind - at this point there's no evidence for my comment re oil motives - But there is certainly recent history.

That said, whether my comment is unfounded or correct - we shall see.

I'm sure though, you can acknowledge the frustration from those of us outside the USA and Iran, at the poor diplomatic performance of the administration of both countries.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Anyway,

God Bless!

Anyway,

God Bless!

We are still working on anti-missile technology. However, the Russians, not able to compete financially, and not able to therefore develop expensive anti-missile programs, decided instead to bring parity back by working on supersonic delivery systems which would be nearly impossible to intercept, and high yield devices with many warheads so even one getting through would take out large areas. China has now also developed supersonic delivery vehicles.

And while at first glance we would think that a US anti-missile system would bring about peace, there is some thought that this would instead break the current peace through mutual destruction paradigm. We and Russia, and other countries know that if we all have nukes we have mutually assured destruction. Therefore war is not worth it.

However, if we could be as aggressive as we want, knowing that we can take out any nuke retaliation with an anti-missile system, this could, counter-intuitively, lead to more warlike behavior. Hence, Putin, etc. were trying to maintain parity. And since anti-missle systems are difficult and costly to develop, he just focused on making missiles that are hard to counter.

I suppose the next key battlegrounds will be AI and space deployed weapons.

Upvote 0