• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

intrusivethoughts

Discussion in 'Obsessive Compulsive Disorder' started by jeanettelindsay, Apr 1, 2014.

1. jeanettelindsay

jeanettelindsay New Member

+0
    Methodist
    Married
    iamworriedthoughtswillgrtworseiwonderifhypnosishasbeenusedbyanyoneorifthereisahealingserviceinberwickupontweed

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. jeanettelindsay

jeanettelindsay New Member

+0
    Methodist
    Married
    ihaveintrusivethoughtsandiamscaredtheywillgetworsehasanyoneusedhypnosisasatreatmentarethereanyhealingservicesnearberwickupontweed

3. gracealone

gracealone Regular Member

+92
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Do you have OCD?
    Mitzi

4. emilie mayer

emilie mayer Newbie

+15
    Christian
    Married
    What kind of intrusive thoughts do you have. I also suffer from intrusive thoughts. But i know God loves us and we are forgiven. Just talk to God about it. Be honest with God because He already knows all. I find asking God for wisdom and help and reading the word really helps. Once you become knowledgable about how much God loves us and How forgiveness and unconditional Gods love is the less the intrusive thoughts will happen

5. Gods warrior 1

Gods warrior 1 Newbie

+46
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Praying for you. I have intrusive thoughts too.

6. Savedd

Savedd Newbie

+1
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I myself have so unstoppable intrusive thought that it makes me feel a mixture of emotionalblunting and bitterness that I feel unable to fight. Does anyone feel the same ?

7. kodadog1024

kodadog1024 Well-Known Member

+36
    Christian
    Married
    Yea, I know how that feels ^ ... It does get better. It takes time, prayer and effort on our part to change directions so to speak and focus our minds on something else. Easier said then done right? I lived with intrusive thoughts for over a year (HARM-O) and it wasn't easy ... BUT that day will come when you gain strength over your fear and it becomes less and less every day.

8. Gods warrior 1

Gods warrior 1 Newbie

+46
    Pentecostal
    Married
    How are you going? Praying for you. Have you heard of the healing rooms Christians pray for you it is great for encouragement and support. Are you taking medication?

9. pyramid33

pyramid33 Well-Known Member

+64
    Christian
    Private
    I find that unwanted thoughts leave when calling upon the name of God.

10. turned around

turned around Newbie

+116
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Hi,
    I suffer from intrusive thoughts myself. My conclusion is they come out the flesh. But God has victory through Christ. With my mind I serve the law of God (law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus), which makes me free from the law of sin and death. Paul states thanks be to God who has delivered me from this body of death. Romans chapters 6-8 have helped immensely.

Grace to you.