• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Intrusive thought:”In denial unbeliever”

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone

I’m reaching out tonight for help on a certain intrusive thought that attacked my mind while I was typing an earlier post. I included it onto that sed post but it’s been significantly worrisome.

Though I know the definition of an unbeliever is someone willingly rebelling against the Lord and doesn’t desire anything of him or desiring to obey him,etc.
And doubt is an uncertainty regarding a topic of Faith in the Lord

but this thought cut me deep to my core and didn’t cause me panic,but deeper panic,scared panic…

the thing is it rang true and scared me further,I refuse to accept being an unbeliever,that’s why I contend earnestly for faith.I enjoy my walk with the Lord in my happy moments,and utilize the usually short lengths of time I have peace with him,but this thought scares me.It’s scary to me to think “what if I’m just an in denial unbeliever”
IOW “what if deep down I’m an unbeliever but not willing to accept or admit that?”

I,from my thought,have no desire for anything in the world.And Though I experience intrusive thoughts about things against the lord,I don’t know what could cause unbelief.

could this be a lie of Satan? Or is a truth.I can’t articulate if it’s true or not;it’s scary because I don’t want it to be true

• Prayers
Reactions: SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it’s scary because I don’t want it to be true

Then it isn't true, Blaise. You clearly don't want to be an unbeliever of any sort, so why would God abandon you to or predetermine that fate for you? Is He not good and just, and willingly opens the door to anyone who knocks?
Please try to stop dwelling on it. This bad thought is only persisting because it scares you. I know it is much easier said than done, but please try not to let them get to you. You have clearly already proven that you are crying out for the Lord and want nothing to do with unbelief, Darkness, or Satan. He will surely not let you go.:angel:

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
help on a certain intrusive thought t

as point 4 of 25 tips for successfully treating your ocd says,
Always try to agree with introusive thoughts, don't talk with, argue or try to supress them.

Once you have recognised a thought as intrusive, you have half won your struggle, as you know that thought is rubbish and so have to acknowledge it and move on paying it no more attention.

What you repeatedly do is identifyintusive thoughts and believe them.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0