North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
here guys, I know it has to be ignored by all choosing teachers with itching ears and turning to fables by all( as this forum is perfect example of) but you have he same testimony as I have, why not heed it for one time.

We were also earned of the wolves entering all churches/flocks, they increased until there are only wolves/false teachers.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
We were also earned of the wolves entering all churches/flocks, they increased until there are only wolves/false teachers.

Nothing you quote indicates that false teachers will come to dominate any specific church or denomination. With regards to the Church as a whole, the Body of Christ as St. Paul describes it, we are assured in Matthew ch. 16 that the Gates of Hell will not prevail against it.

Indeed it is for this reason that I reject all theologies which believe there was a past Great Apostasy between the end of the Apostolic era and the modern era when some random 17th, 18th, 19th or 20th century figure happened to “rediscover” the apostolic faith (which is the narrative for most Restorationist churches, except perhaps for the Stone/Campbell movement (which is unique among Restorationist churches in that it is the only one that managed to revive a genuine Patristic purpose, specifically, weekly consumption of the Eucharist).

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing you quote indicates that false teachers will come to dominate any specific church or denomination. With regards to the Church as a whole, the Body of Christ as St. Paul describes it, we are assured in Matthew ch. 16 that the Gates of Hell will not prevail against it.

Indeed it is for this reason that I reject all theologies which believe there was a past Great Apostasy between the end of the Apostolic era and the modern era when some random 17th, 18th, 19th or 20th century figure happened to “rediscover” the apostolic faith (which is the narrative for most Restorationist churches, except perhaps for the Stone/Campbell movement (which is unique among Restorationist churches in that it is the only one that managed to revive a genuine Patristic purpose, specifically, weekly consumption of the Eucharist).
nothing you say shows understanding of what church is.

Here for your learning...

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Now the church is corrupted, as all the scriptures I quoted indicated. ( the church was always the hidden meek quiet spirit, not the boasting pharisees we see in the churches of this world)

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
nothing you say shows understanding of what church is.

Here for your learning...

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Now the church is corrupted, as all the scriptures I quoted indicated. ( the church was always the hidden meek quiet spirit, not the boasting pharisees we see in the churches of this world)

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

None of the verses you quote are of ecclesiastical relevance. You need to read Matthew chapter 16, and 1 Corinthians, and 2 Corinthians, and the Acts of the Apostles, in order to understand what the Church is. The verses you are supplying are unrelated.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of the verses you quote are of ecclesiastical relevance. You need to read Matthew chapter 16, and 1 Corinthians, and 2 Corinthians, and the Acts of the Apostles, in order to understand what the Church is. The verses you are supplying are unrelated.
the church cant be what we see, we look for what we do not see.

2 Corinthians 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of the verses you quote are of ecclesiastical relevance. You need to read Matthew chapter 16,
Christ is the rock, peter is not a very good example here of a rock..

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Romans 9:33
As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

1 Peter 2:4
To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

1 Corinthians 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

So it seems when listening to sermons from the different denominations that regarding some bible verses they have different interpretation of bible scripture.
It is sometimes hard to determine who has the right interpretation, so what we can do personally for ourselves is, study it ourselves and than determine for ourselves which denomination has the right interpretation, but thing is, after some years one might change of opinion and consider the other denomination to have the right interpretation. Thanks that we have internet so we can do some study ourselves first, but still it can be confusing sometimes, thats why we have different denominations don't we, each thinking they have the right interpretation. Some controversial subjects are for example Cessationism versus continuationism, speaking in tongues, gift of the Spirit, calvinism vs arminianism, Apostolic-Prophetic movement and sometimes disagreement regarding some bible verses like for example:

Mark 11:24 ESV Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Prosperity gospel and healing gospel like to use this bible verse, the claim it method or something.

Br.

Consider the underlined if you would be so kind. Why do men just accept the popular religious tradition of "Choosing a denomination" or religious sect or business which exists in the World God placed us in, in order to be accepted by God?

Where does this popular tradition come from? I get that the religious businesses of this world need bodies to fill the seats of their manmade shrines of worship, because without membership to contribute financially, the religious business would fail. So they each create their own doctrines and philosophies geared to entice men to their religious business over their competition. This is where the different interpretations come in as a marketing strategy to entice and convert new membership. In this way this world's religions "Compete" for membership. But God's church has never been that way. Isn't our obligation to God, through His Chosen Priest, the Christ? Does God dwell in temples made of wood and stone?

Consider the Words of the Christ of the Bible, as HE instructs His Little Flock how to worship the Father.

Matt. 6: 1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, "when thou prayest", enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 "Be not ye therefore like unto them": for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

You and I have been surrounded by this world's religious voices and philosophies since our youth, same as Abraham, and indoctrinated into the Tradition of choosing one of the many religious sects in existence and adopting their particular religious philosophy, and then supporting them financially. This has led to the creation of some of the largest, wealthiest and most powerful religious businesses and corporations this world has ever seen. They create religious schools to educate men how to preach, and then these men are "Ordained" by them to qualify as pastors for whichever religious sect they applied for.

I especially like your statement about studying for ourselves, and I realize how strong the tradition is to adopt a religion to support or promote. And truly, it is not unusual for a man to change religions as time goes by. And truly for a man to "come out" of such a popular religious tradition would certainly be a leap of Faith, and as Jesus said, there will be a cost. But the blessings overshadow the cost by far.

For us personally, we left this world's religions almost 30 years ago now. At first it was scary, "how do I know if I'm understanding Scriptures", how can I be sure the Bible is safe "for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

What theology do I wrap myself in? What is Holy? What do I eat, and drink? And then I read the Words of my Redeemer in which HE instructs His People how to worship.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek, for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 "But seek ye first" the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

I have the Oracles of God in my own home, in my mind. My Redeemer has just told me what to do, shall I not obey Him?. He didn't say "Seek Ye first the many religions of this world who "Come in My Name" and then choose one of them. He actually warned me about them, more than once.

So from one brother to another, my advice is to follow the instructions of the Christ "of the Bible", not those "many" who come in His Name.

As Paul also teaches.

2 Cor. 6: 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Great topic of discussion, although controversial.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Consider the underlined if you would be so kind. Why do men just accept the popular religious tradition of "Choosing a denomination" or religious sect or business which exists in the World God placed us in, in order to be accepted by God?

Where does this popular tradition come from? I get that the religious businesses of this world need bodies to fill the seats of their manmade shrines of worship, because without membership to contribute financially, the religious business would fail. So they each create their own doctrines and philosophies geared to entice men to their religious business over their competition. This is where the different interpretations come in as a marketing strategy to entice and convert new membership. In this way this world's religions "Compete" for membership. But God's church has never been that way. Isn't our obligation to God, through His Chosen Priest, the Christ? Does God dwell in temples made of wood and stone?

Consider the Words of the Christ of the Bible, as HE instructs His Little Flock how to worship the Father.

Matt. 6: 1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, "when thou prayest", enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 "Be not ye therefore like unto them": for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

You and I have been surrounded by this world's religious voices and philosophies since our youth, same as Abraham, and indoctrinated into the Tradition of choosing one of the many religious sects in existence and adopting their particular religious philosophy, and then supporting them financially. This has led to the creation of some of the largest, wealthiest and most powerful religious businesses and corporations this world has ever seen. They create religious schools to educate men how to preach, and then these men are "Ordained" by them to qualify as pastors for whichever religious sect they applied for.

I especially like your statement about studying for ourselves, and I realize how strong the tradition is to adopt a religion to support or promote. And truly, it is not unusual for a man to change religions as time goes by. And truly for a man to "come out" of such a popular religious tradition would certainly be a leap of Faith, and as Jesus said, there will be a cost. But the blessings overshadow the cost by far.

For us personally, we left this world's religions almost 30 years ago now. At first it was scary, "how do I know if I'm understanding Scriptures", how can I be sure the Bible is safe "for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

What theology do I wrap myself in? What is Holy? What do I eat, and drink? And then I read the Words of my Redeemer in which HE instructs His People how to worship.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek, for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 "But seek ye first" the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

I have the Oracles of God in my own home, in my mind. My Redeemer has just told me what to do, shall I not obey Him?. He didn't say "Seek Ye first the many religions of this world who "Come in My Name" and then choose one of them. He actually warned me about them, more than once.

So from one brother to another, my advice is to follow the instructions of the Christ "of the Bible", not those "many" who come in His Name.

As Paul also teaches.

2 Cor. 6: 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Great topic of discussion, although controversial.
thats a great interpretation of scripture, which is not just by different denominations, its also by different spirits.

the god of this world has servants, the children of pride, they do not travel sea and land to make one proselyte, to gain financially, they do so because of instruction from their father, ( being under the power of satan) and the world of wealth is already theirs, hence why the devil offered all the kingdoms of the world to Christ, saying this is his to give to who he chooses.

now the world is a tricky place for many, who would escape the deceit, but as Jesus said to the pharisees, they did not let those entering ( the kingdom of God) to enter, and hindered them. ( this forum doe not support anyone, all speaking here try to hinder anyone entering also)

so they have a form of godliness, they deny the power there of ( the antichrist denies Christ has come in the flesh) they are ever learning ( as you tell people to go and study for themselves) yet never able to come to the knowledge of the truth, as they resist the truth.

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
thats a great interpretation of scripture, which is not just by different denominations, its also by different spirits.

the god of this world has servants, the children of pride, they do not travel sea and land to make one proselyte, to gain financially, they do so because of instruction from their father, ( being under the power of satan) and the world of wealth is already theirs, hence why the devil offered all the kingdoms of the world to Christ, saying this is his to give to who he chooses.

But religious businesses of this world, who come in Christ's Name, are the vehicle in which the devil deceives the whole world. Those who don't believe in God are irrelevant, satan doesn't need to deceive them. No, satan disguises itself into an "Apostle of Christ", not to deceive those who don't believe in the God of Abraham, but those who do.

now the world is a tricky place for many, who would escape the deceit, but as Jesus said to the pharisees, they did not let those entering ( the kingdom of God) to enter, and hindered them. ( this forum doe not support anyone, all speaking here try to hinder anyone entering also)

Any false doctrine, or tradition of man that causes those who would believe them to "Transgress God's Commandments", are hindering them from Entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Let me ask you something, do you believe John the Baptist, Zacharias, Simeon, Anna, or the Wise Men
were trying to hinder men from entering the Kingdom of Heaven?

Also, being deceived by definition, means to believe something that is not true. Does any man say "Today, I am going to hinder someone from entering the Kingdom of heaven?" Of course not, but some men have been "Snared" into believe a lie, and then promoting this lie to others "as truth" which they are convinced is truth. Like the Pharisees who believed Jesus was from Galilee, knowing the Scriptutres which prophesied of a Messiah that came from Bethlehem. Think about that, they created an entire Judgment of Jesus founded 100% on an absolute lie. It's not that the Truth about Him wasn't available to them, just as it was to Zacharias and Simeon. It's because men love darkness, and to preserve it, they keep themselves away from the Light. They could have asked Jesus any time.

so they have a form of godliness, they deny the power there of ( the antichrist denies Christ has come in the flesh) they are ever learning ( as you tell people to go and study for themselves) yet never able to come to the knowledge of the truth, as they resist the truth.

I know a lot of preachers who preach Jesus came to earth as 100% God, and they claim HE had God powers no other human ever possessed. So that when the going gets tough as it does with all who "Yield Themselves" servants to obey God in this world as Paul instructs, that Jesus overcame by kicking in a little God Power HE had that no other human ever possessed, and in this way was able to overcome. And His Father Glorified Him above all others, for overcoming.

That's Like the analogy of God being a coach of a team, whose Son is also a member. And the coach gives HIS OWN Son performance enhancing drugs that the rest of the team are forbidden to have. Then when HIS Son out performs everyone else, the Coach gives His Son the Trophy and His Son in honored above all others.

I refuse to see God or His Son in this way. The Christ, the Rock of Israel, became a mortal man (Flesh and Blood) just as other mortal men.
2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Jesus gave the perfect example of this religion.

Matt. 7: 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

These discussions are great from men to have in this evil world, where "many" deceivers come in Christ's Name. Thank you for your reply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chrisovery

Jun 8, 2014
✟11,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

So it seems when listening to sermons from the different denominations that regarding some bible verses they have different interpretation of bible scripture.
It is sometimes hard to determine who has the right interpretation, so what we can do personally for ourselves is, study it ourselves and than determine for ourselves which denomination has the right interpretation, but thing is, after some years one might change of opinion and consider the other denomination to have the right interpretation. Thanks that we have internet so we can do some study ourselves first, but still it can be confusing sometimes, thats why we have different denominations don't we, each thinking they have the right interpretation. Some controversial subjects are for example Cessationism versus continuationism, speaking in tongues, gift of the Spirit, calvinism vs arminianism, Apostolic-Prophetic movement and sometimes disagreement regarding some bible verses like for example:

Mark 11:24 ESV Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Prosperity gospel and healing gospel like to use this bible verse, the claim it method or something.

Br.
The first problem we run into here is there is no such thing as denominations. The catholic church was not the first church of anything but division. You are either a part of the church, those that have truly accepted and put faith in Christ as your savior. Or you are not.

Upvote 0