Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
The last year or so I have dabbled with intermittent fasting for weight control and health reasons. I know that fasting is also a religious practice although I have never practiced fasting as a Christian. What are your experiences with it? Good or bad?

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The last year or so I have dabbled with intermittent fasting for weight control and health reasons. I know that fasting is also a religious practice although I have never practiced fasting as a Christian. What are your experiences with it? Good or bad?

I have started fasting about 7-6 weeks back. It is about a 20 to 21 hour fast. I start on tuesday (night) at 6:30 to 7:00 p.m. and do not eat again till wednesday 3:30 - 4:00 p.m

intermittent is defined as: occurring at irregular intervals; not continuous or steady

So mine has been every tuesday since i started, so i do not say i do intermittent

I also did not do this to lose weight but for health reasons.

Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I have started fasting about 7-6 weeks back. It is about a 20 to 21 hour fast. I start on tuesday (night) at 6:30 to 7:00 p.m. and do not eat again till wednesday 3:30 - 4:00 p.m

intermittent is defined as: occurring at irregular intervals; not continuous or steady

So mine has been every tuesday since i started, so i do not say i do intermittent

I also did not do this to lose weight but for health reasons.

So did you have a positive experience with it. Using a app I did a “monk fast” of 36 hours. I was able to stay hydrated and had a good experience with it. People seem to understand it better as there are more resources on the internet about the topic. Instead of people thinking fasting is just starving yourself.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It works very well for me. The sooner I stop eating in the day, the better I sleep.
6 hours before bed works well.

Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
It works very well for me. The sooner I stop eating in the day, the better I sleep.
6 hours before bed works well.

So you start your fast 6 hours before bed? I think hunger pangs would keep me up! Lol I did some reading about Circadian rhythms and stuff like that, it made a lot of sense to me.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you start your fast 6 hours before bed? I think hunger pangs would keep me up! Lol I did some reading about Circadian rhythms and stuff like that, it made a lot of sense to me.

Then you are thinking instead of doing? Drink water.
Dehydration is often confused with hunger.
Drink water and you're instantly less hungry.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Health experts now recommend fasting.

Calorie reduction is good for you.

Cut down meal sizes.

Eat lots of fruit and vegetables and red meat just once a week.

We live in an era of obesity and gluttony so head in the opposite direction and you will win.

Try just dropping one meal every second or third day or reducing the size of the meal. As extreme fasting for days at a time is difficult and takes practice.

There is no rush.
  • Water fasting: Involves drinking only water for a set amount of time.
  • Juice fasting: Entails only drinking vegetable or fruit juice for a certain period.
  • Intermittent fasting: Intake is partially or completely restricted for a few hours up to a few days at a time and a normal diet is resumed on other days.
  • Partial fasting: Certain foods or drinks such as processed foods, animal products or caffeine are eliminated from the diet for a set period.
  • Calorie restriction: Calories are restricted for a few days every week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So did you have a positive experience with it. Using a app I did a “monk fast” of 36 hours. I was able to stay hydrated and had a good experience with it. People seem to understand it better as there are more resources on the internet about the topic. Instead of people thinking fasting is just starving yourself.

Yes i have had no problems, i can feel at the end of the fast the detox begins to be noticed.

I just feel people eat to often and do not give the body time to rest between food intake.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Intermittent fasting may be good. Constant eating and snacking is linked to obesity and a shortened life span.

I prefer smaller portion size, exercise and a balanced diet when I want lose a couple pounds. I might skip breakfast or lunch sometimes.

My longest fast was seven days. That was over 35 yrs ago.

Upvote 0

jahel

returned to old acct
Nov 18, 2019
Vancouver
✟26,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I.F. frees up the digestive system to work on deep seated health issues. Natural Hygiene from the 18th century recommends fruits (because they are pre-digested) or vegetables juiced before noon, one meal afternoon (doesn’t need to a big meal) to engage digestive system followed by smoothy type meals (almond milk and berries) I find to be the best diet. Supplemented with something like cruciferous vegetables cooked in coconut milk and curry powder or an apple etc. supplies enough nutrients.

Natural Hygiene was university training until the 19th century when big pharma deemed fresh air, sunshine and whole foods not a science, closing the universities ensuring research money only to synthetics.

But Helen White did preserve it as part of their religion if your interested in their food regulations. It’s been taken to the extreme but then so has her prophesy legacy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I.F. frees up the digestive system to work on deep seated health issues. Natural Hygiene from the 18th century recommends fruits (because they are pre-digested) before noon, one meal afternoon (doesn’t need to a big meal) to engage digestive system followed by smoothy type meals (almond milk and berries) I find to be the best diet. Supplemented with something like cruciferous vegetables cooked in coconut milk and curry powder or an apple etc. supplies enough nutrients.

Natural Hygiene was university training until the 19th century when big pharma deemed fresh air, sunshine and whole foods not a science, closing the universities ensuring research money only to synthetics.

But Helen White did preserve it as part of their religion if your interested in their food regulations. It’s been taken to the extreme but then so has her prophesy legacy.

This is a great response. I plan on giving some of these ideas a try. Have you IF and what was your experience. What was you fasting and feeding times like?

Upvote 0

jahel

returned to old acct
Nov 18, 2019
Vancouver
✟26,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a great response. I plan on giving some of these ideas a try. Have you IF and what was your experience. What was you fasting and feeding times like?
I’ve water fasted for 2 weeks at a time twice over the years, but I’m sure I couldn’t now. One day a week would give the digestive system a complete break for awhile that couldn’t hurt.
I didn’t like the new fangled intermittent fasting cause they eat so much food at one sitting it must be hard on the stomach muscles. Imo, not supported by any graphs that they come up with, is that the juicing and fruit meals do the same thing.

Upvote 0

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ve had a few good experiences the times I fasted.

I did a 3 day fast and I felt good after the fast was over and I looked healthy and experienced the Holy Spirit filling me..

I did another fast and again I felt the Holy Ghost filling me...

Usually after the fasts I did I overall felt a lot more healthy even though it was rough. fasting towards the end you reap the benefits that I noticed..

And what I was told when you fast as a Christian your denying the flesh and relying on the Holy Spirit and the Word to be nourished.. and filled with the Spirit all the more

Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve had a few good experiences the times I fasted.

I did a 3 day fast and I felt good after the fast was over and I looked healthy and experienced the Holy Spirit filling me..

I did another fast and again I felt the Holy Ghost filling me...

Usually after the fasts I did I overall felt a lot more healthy even though it was rough. fasting towards the end you reap the benefits that I noticed..

And what I was told when you fast as a Christian your denying the flesh and relying on the Holy Spirit and the Word to be nourished.. and filled with the Spirit all the more

That’s great!! Thank you for sharing your experience. I can relate to this from doing my 36hr fast, it was a struggle for sure but I felt amazing at the end of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We fast several times throughout the years, they are all Hebrew fasts. On Yom Kippur we fast 24 hours with neither food or water. What I can say, is the longer we kept this yearly tradition the more fruitful these fasts have become. We start remembering our sins including the sins of all Israel (Judah and Christianity). Then throughout this fast we pray and sing and pray some more, Reading serial scriptures, trying to see these differently each year, and as time goes on by the end we are celebrating.

We also felt this is a good practice to get into as the tribulation will likely be a time of fasting.

Upvote 0