United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOL!!

I was surprised during my catechumenate to see Oreo cookies at Coffee Hour during Lent. When I asked Fr. Deacon Nicholas about it, he told me that they aren't food, just chemicals processed to taste like food.
Yeah. Pretty gross when you think of it. You can get Whole Food's brand (365) Oreo-type cookies or via Newman's Own Oreo-type cookies. Both types are organic and use real products. :D

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah. Pretty gross when you think of it. You can get Whole Food's brand (365) Oreo-type cookies or via Newman's Own Oreo-type cookies. Both types are organic and use real products. :D

Actually, there are a lot of processed "foods" which are nothing more than chemical compounds mashed together to try to taste like real food. I remember one day getting a hot chocolate at McDonald's (I don't eat their slop anymore - this was decades ago) and taking one sip and spitting it out. The chemical mixture was not right and it . . . well, it certainly didn't taste anything like chocolate! This is the same McDonald's where, in an experiment, the hamburger bun left on a shelf for ten years didn't mold at all.

None for me . . . thanks!

Upvote 0