Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,768.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's called "Faith Shift: Finding Your Way Forward When Everything You Believe is Coming Apart" by Kathy Escobar.

I think it describes so many people today--if it doesn't apply to you, it probably applies to one or more of your children, siblings, or other family members--I know it applies to my daughter.

What makes me saddest is that what usually makes things "come apart," in my conversations with people who feel this way is the behavior of other Christians.

Why don't they just mind their own business instead of trying to micromanage every other Christian's thoughts and behavior?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JYWVYV4/

Reactions: mkgal1

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
What makes me saddest is that what usually makes things "come apart," in my conversations with people who feel this way is the behavior of other Christians.

Why don't they just mind their own business instead of trying to micromanage every other Christian's thoughts and behavior?

Cause they have "right" on their side? Or so is the claim.

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I got the book (thanks for the alert that it was only $1.99 today). Right from the beginning I think she pin-pointed the reason why discussion (and growth) is so difficult for some--the fear and guilt that's felt, just for asking questions about some things.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
It's called "Faith Shift: Finding Your Way Forward When Everything You Believe is Coming Apart" by Kathy Escobar.

I think it describes so many people today--if it doesn't apply to you, it probably applies to one or more of your children, siblings, or other family members--I know it applies to my daughter.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JYWVYV4/
From the Amazon blurb : "After years of participating in a comfortable faith tradition, many find themselves in a spiritual wilderness, feeling disillusioned with church, longing for more freedom and less religion in their lives. "

That described one of my days this week .

• Prayers
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I've been wondering lately what kind of spiritual fruits come from obsessing over other people's sexual sins. There's seems to be an awful lot of that going on these days.

Upvote 0