Interesting Abortion Statistics from 2011

A

AllieBaba2012

Your first paragraph is a classic example of the hateful way pro-lifers are perceived by the general public. Take a step back, if you can, and read what you actually said there. You said, as a blanket statement that all women who choose abortion are selfish harlots. (paraphrasing, obviously.) You do not take into account at all what their life might look like, and how hard that decision might have been to make.

Since I'm the one living in Australia, maybe don't try and make me out to be a liar...

I agree that the rise of promiscuity and abortion is linked, I'm not an idiot. I'm not saying it's ok, just that there are better ways to deal with it then treat mothers with hate.

Those videos were interesting, but clearly biased.

Also, we don't have planned parenthood here, so I really don't know a lot about them (or care particularly).

No, that's not what was said. What the poster said reflected the truth, which is that the huge majority of abortions are performed for convenience sake. NOT because the women are in danger physically, NOT because the child is a product of incest or rape. The vast majority of abortions are performed because the woman doesn't want a child, but had unprotected sex anyway.

And the piece of the puzzle that everybody misses...PP promotes abortion, removes the stigma of it, and encourages sexual activity by women who are most at risk. Not only that, they protect the (adult) men who get children pregnant by refusing to investigate or report them when these young women and children come in for abortions.

Upvote 0

norswede

Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I thought that abortions happened the first couple of weeks an infant is formed and not when it's fully grown?

Unfortunately no, but a lot of people believe that to be the case. An abortion in Canada and the United States can legally take place well into the 3rd trimester.
the baby is not considered human until it breaths on it's own.

Upvote 0
A

AllieBaba2012

PP refuses to provide comprehensive statistics as a matter of course; they only provide them when forced by individual states to do so, and even then they aren't complete.

The truth is, late term abortions are the norm in abortion clinics. They do not get reported, or they are identified as something else. I have had reason to be in abortion clinics twice where there were women who were obviously in the final stage of pregnancy in the waiting room, preparing for an abortion. People who think this isn't happening regularly are sadly misled.

Upvote 0