✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello brothers and sisters in Christ,
I just want to point out regarding the use of the word “interceding or intercede or intercession” ; I believe many misunderstand the word and apply “that word” not in its correct usage. Of course, you guys can correct me if I am wrong.

This is what I have heard :
Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession FOR THE TRANSGRESSORS. -Isaiah 53:12

So the Lord makes intercession for the transgressors or offenders.

So the word the interceding or intercessory or intercede can only be applied for transgressors or offenders. And I don’t think when you use the word “interceding for”, you mean those people are transgressors or offenders. Are they ?

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello brothers and sisters in Christ,
I just want to point out regarding the use of the word “interceding or intercede or intercession” ; I believe many misunderstand the word and apply “that word” not in its correct usage. Of course, you guys can correct me if I am wrong.

This is what I have heard :
Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession FOR THE TRANSGRESSORS. -Isaiah 53:12

So the Lord makes intercession for the transgressors or offenders.

So the word the interceding or intercessory or intercede can only be applied for transgressors or offenders. And I don’t think when you use the word “interceding for”, you mean those people are transgressors or offenders. Are they ?
No,of course not!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Deliberate offenders? Doesn't that depend upon the subject's immediate condition? He may have demons, then again, he may be just another who 'has neither part nor lot in the matter'.
  • To plead on another's behalf.
  • To act as mediator in a dispute.
  • To come between; pass or occur intermediately; intervene.
Open to all objections here, a hard one to fully know which side to approach this from since, as I understand it, the term can be used to come to the aid of all. From the cross came His intercession over them who did evil out of ignorance. Otherwise, Paul pleads with the flock to intercede for those caught in ,

", , trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Deliberate offenders? Doesn't that depend upon the subject's immediate condition? He may have demons, then again, he may be just another who 'has neither part nor lot in the matter'.
  • To plead on another's behalf.
  • To act as mediator in a dispute.
  • To come between; pass or occur intermediately; intervene.
Open to all objections here, a hard one to fully know which side to approach this from since, as I understand it, the term can be used to come to the aid of all. From the cross came His intercession over them who did evil out of ignorance. Otherwise, Paul pleads with the flock to intercede for those caught in ,

", , trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness

Thanks for giving me light in what you understand about the word “intercede”.
Yes, it is true that we can use the term “intercede” to mean to plead on behalf but on behalf of the offenders or transgressors.

If you are asking deliberate offenders or not, I consider that all people should reflect on God’s words to find the truth.

For the message post in this thread, I consider that many misuse the word “ intercede” when actually many posts are “supplications” or prayer of supplications, that is, to plead humbly before God for help.

As we have heard that apostle Paul differentiate “intercession” with supplication:

First of all, then, I urge that SUPPLICATIONS, prayers, INTERCESSIONS, and thanksgivings be made for all people, -1 Timothy 2:1

Yes, I know many post in good intentions and in good faith; I am not here to blame or judge anyone; I just want to point how the term” intercede” is used in the Bible. Our context in using the term “intercede” should align to what we have been taught in the Holy Scripture and not into using the term “intercede” according to our understanding; we may miss what the Holy Scripture means.

This is also what we have heard:
Likewise the Spirit HELPS US in our WEAKNESS. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself INTERCEDES FOR US with groanings too deep for words. -Romans 8:26

For every high priest chosen from among men is appointed to act on behalf of men in relation to God, to offer gifts and SACRIFICES FOR SINS. -Hebrews 5:1
He can deal gently with the ignorant and wayward, since he himself is beset with WEAKNESS. -Hebrews 5:2
Because of this he is OBLIGATED TO OFFER SACRIFICE for his own sins just as he does for those of the people. -Hebrews 5:3

but he ( Jesus) holds his priesthood permanently, because he ( Jesus) continues forever. -Hebrews 7:24

Consequently, he is able to SAVE TO THE UTTERMOST those who draw near to God through him, since he ALWAYS LIVES TO MAKE INTERCESSION FOR THEM. -Hebrews 7:25

He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he DID THIS ONCE FOR ALL WHEN HE OFFERED UP HIMSELF. -Hebrews 7:27

Do you see the context, how the term “intercede” being used in the Holy Scripture?

Even God the Father have said the word “intercession” Himself :

Therefore I ( God the Father ) will divide him (Christ Jesus) a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he ( Jesus) poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes INTERCESSION FOR THE TRANSGRESSORS. -Isaiah 53:12

May the truth set you free. GBU

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for giving me light in what you understand about the word “intercede”.
Yes, it is true that we can use the term “intercede” to mean to plead on behalf but on behalf of the offenders or transgressors.

If you are asking deliberate offenders or not, I consider that all people should reflect on God’s words to find the truth.

For the message post in this thread, I consider that many misuse the word “ intercede” when actually many posts are “supplications” or prayer of supplications, that is, to plead humbly before God for help.

As we have heard that apostle Paul differentiate “intercession” with supplication:

First of all, then, I urge that SUPPLICATIONS, prayers, INTERCESSIONS, and thanksgivings be made for all people, -1 Timothy 2:1

Yes, I know many post in good intentions and in good faith; I am not here to blame or judge anyone; I just want to point how the term” intercede” is used in the Bible. Our context in using the term “intercede” should align to what we have been taught in the Holy Scripture and not into using the term “intercede” according to our understanding; we may miss what the Holy Scripture means.

This is also what we have heard:
Likewise the Spirit HELPS US in our WEAKNESS. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself INTERCEDES FOR US with groanings too deep for words. -Romans 8:26

For every high priest chosen from among men is appointed to act on behalf of men in relation to God, to offer gifts and SACRIFICES FOR SINS. -Hebrews 5:1
He can deal gently with the ignorant and wayward, since he himself is beset with WEAKNESS. -Hebrews 5:2
Because of this he is OBLIGATED TO OFFER SACRIFICE for his own sins just as he does for those of the people. -Hebrews 5:3

but he ( Jesus) holds his priesthood permanently, because he ( Jesus) continues forever. -Hebrews 7:24

Consequently, he is able to SAVE TO THE UTTERMOST those who draw near to God through him, since he ALWAYS LIVES TO MAKE INTERCESSION FOR THEM. -Hebrews 7:25

He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he DID THIS ONCE FOR ALL WHEN HE OFFERED UP HIMSELF. -Hebrews 7:27

Do you see the context, how the term “intercede” being used in the Holy Scripture?

Even God the Father have said the word “intercession” Himself :

Therefore I ( God the Father ) will divide him (Christ Jesus) a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he ( Jesus) poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes INTERCESSION FOR THE TRANSGRESSORS. -Isaiah 53:12

May the truth set you free. GBU
Excellent Santoso! I do have a question.

Since we do speak with the tongue of men and of angels, is why I supplied the common thinking-man’s definition. Now I don’t attempt to drown out any number of citations, and even your post shows reserved quantities to some rather important instances of intercessory occurrence.

Still, just to be sure, that is basically what your concern here is and not anything I said that may be viewed as subtracting from the voice of the Spirit in scripture?

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Interceding for those in authority! 'I urge,then,first of all,that petitions' (We pray for personal needs (as Jesus did in John 17) 'prayer' (General term for communicating with God),'intercession' (Praying for others,as Jesus did in John 17) 'and then thanksgiving' (Giving thanks in prayer) 'be made for all people,for Kings and all in authority' (1 Timothy 2:1-2)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I think a lot of homeless people and want to pray for them that they will be drawn closer to God and be fed, safe, warm and content and hopefully their situation will get better in time. In Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think a lot of homeless people and want to pray for them that they will be drawn closer to God and be fed, safe, warm and content and hopefully their situation will get better in time. In Jesus name, Amen.
Praying with you,'Sunshinee',for the homeless.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excellent Santoso! I do have a question.

Since we do speak with the tongue of men and of angels, is why I supplied the common thinking-man’s definition. Now I don’t attempt to drown out any number of citations, and even your post shows reserved quantities to some rather important instances of intercessory occurrence.

Still, just to be sure, that is basically what your concern here is and not anything I said that may be viewed as subtracting from the voice of the Spirit in scripture?

I find your question that relate to this :

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but THE SPIRIT HIMSELF INTERCEDES FOR US with groanings too deep for words. -Romans 8:26

When those who heard the utterance that Spirit gives in tongue of man, this is what they said :
both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians'we hear them telling IN OUR OWN TONGUES the mighty works of God." -Acts 2:11

"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man ATTESTED TO YOU BY GOD with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know' -Acts 2:22

Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that YOU YOURSELVES ARE seeing and HEARING. -Acts 2:33

Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus WHOM YOU CRUCIFIED." -Acts 2:36

Now when they HEARD THIS THEY WERE CUT TO THE HEART, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?" -Acts 2:37

Do you hear the utterance that the Holy Spirit give and cause Peter to relate that the Spirit intercede for offenders or transgressors or sinners ?

My concern is to reaffirm how the word “intercede” in the Holy Scripture context that we should use the word “intercede” appropriately.

Why the Lord always intercede for us or the Holy Spirit intercede on our behalf, that is, to
convict us of our sins and edify us because we receive the grace of repentance.

This grace of repentance are special and dear to the Lord because we are brought to the truth of His love for us whom He redeem with His precious blood. And Jesus will bring us before the God the Father holy and blameless. That Jesus and the Heavenly Father send His Spirit that we may be edified or strengthen with the power of His love, that will bring us to abundant life by the Spirit and godliness. We are those whom the Lord Jesus Christ calls to His glory and goodness.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interceding for those in authority! 'I urge,then,first of all,that petitions' (We pray for personal needs (as Jesus did in John 17) 'prayer' (General term for communicating with God),'intercession' (Praying for others,as Jesus did in John 17) 'and then thanksgiving' (Giving thanks in prayer) 'be made for all people,for Kings and all in authority' (1 Timothy 2:1-2)

I understand that you are referring to this:

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, INTERCESSION, and thanksgivings BE MADE for all people, -1 Timothy 2:1
for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. -1 Timothy 2:2

So it can be understood that not only intercession are made for those in authorities but also supplications, prayers and thanksgiving be made for those in authorities.

Why intercession are made to those in authorities? Because there are those who in authorities are transgressors or offenders or sinners.

Do you remember when Herod the king attempt to kill the Lord when the Lord Jesus was just born, and what the angel have spoken:

Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you, FOR HEROD IS ABOUT to search for the child, TO DESTROY HIM." -Matthew 2:13

Herod was a King in authority when Jesus was born and Herod commit this offense.

Likewise, when Jesus was arrested:

Now THE CHIEF PRIESTS AND THE WHOLE COUNCIL were seeking testimony against Jesus to put him to death, but they found none. -Mark 14:55

The chief priest and the whole council who were in authorities but commit this offense above.

Yes, not only intercession but also that supplications, prayers,and thanksgivings be made for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My concern is to reaffirm how the word “intercede” in the Holy Scripture context that we should use the word “intercede” appropriately.
, ,to which Dear Santoso, I aligned. Look forward to seeing you in the forums!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
so just for facts.....

If you want to create a prayer request please do so. There's no need to include my prayer in your argument.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Interceding for the US residents struggling financially due to the loss of pandemic resources. May the Lord meet them in their lack and encourage our political leaders to compromise and approve a bill to restore their benefits.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
, , an appeal to renew your original request. With that in mind, all you who are spiritual to invoke God's strength against every stronghold be thrown down attempting to somehow profit while the lives of God's people across the globe pay a most heavy, heavy price!

Upvote 0