Not open for further replies.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. Did you know I was a confirmed Baptist at age 9. They dunked me in water and told me I was going to heaven. I recall the whole church had to come up and shake my hand for "getting baptized" and then they had a big after service dinner in the basement. But all that really happened to me was I came out of the water a wet sinner. It wasn't until someone sat down with me and explained to me from the "Bible" that I was a sinner who deserved every second of an eternal hell but Christ came and suffered in my place upon the cross and then proved He was who He claimed to be by rising from the dead, that I really received Christ into my heart and He became the Lord of my life. However I recall telling God that if His book could ever be shown to in any way be false I would toss mine in the trash. That was over 41 years ago and I am still looking. But the book is where we have to start to become a true follower of Christ. It's not in our religious ceremonies or rituals or what some priest tells you is true. It has to line up with the teachings of Christ or it is false. He said if you continue in my word then are you my disciples indeed.

The Barbarian as consistently twisted facts and events in order to attack the word of God thereby demonstrating he is not a "disciple indeed." Just because he may claim to be Roman Catholic is to me no different then when I was 9 and claimed to be a Baptist.
This paints your version of God as being rather immoral. An infinite punishment for a finite crime is always immoral. We don't execute children for stealing candy from a grocery store. There are positive aspects of Christianity and negative ones. It appears that you were coerced into it from a false sense of shame.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
An infinite punishment for a finite crime is always immoral.
Like confining Ted Bundy to annihilation?
Subduction Zone said:
We don't execute children for stealing candy from a grocery store.
Assuming they make it to childhood in the first place.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Like confining Ted Bundy to annihilation?Assuming they make it to childhood in the first place.
You need to pay attention to the what is being discussed. I was responding to this particular phrase: "that I was a sinner who deserved every second of an eternal hell". Different Christians have different ideas of what Hell is. Annihilation is not an infinite punishment.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well paint me amazed! :eek:

Different scientists have different ideas about what Pluto is.
Not really. Scientists are generally bright enough to realize that changing a name or even a classification of an object does not change that object.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not really. Scientists are generally bright enough to realize that changing a name or even a classification of an object does not change that object.
But Hell changes to accommodate its interpretation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.