• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Institutional Child Sexual Abuse

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by Zoii, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+5,929
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    There are people known as 'virtuous pedophiles' who admit that they have that attraction, but know that it's wrong and refuse to act on it.

2. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,786
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    I'm not at all concerned with being attracted to minors. In many ways I get it. The human DNA is programmed to be attracted to fertility at its peak. We are programmed to be attracted to human forms before the effects of each year start to have a negative impact. So I get it - Girls who are aged 14-15 are cute and fertile and attractive and there's nothing wrong with having that attraction or admitting it.

I'd think differently concerning prepubescent minors. It's also altogether different for an adult to act upon that attraction.

3. Jaxxi

Jaxxi Well-Known Member

+600
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution

4. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,569
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I did answer it.

"Adolescent" made him a pedophile
    "Boys" made him gay

5. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,067
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    What I understand is >

a definition pedophile is a person who prefers to use children in order to get sexual gratification; but, technically and legally, if the pedophile does not act on that preference, he or she is not a predator.

But if a pedophile violates a child, then the person is a predator. Plus, it is a hate crime > it is betraying trust of the child and of all the people who care about the child and the predator; so it is anti-love, a crime of hate. Violating a child is a hate crime, because it includes betraying of trust, among other things.

Of course, there are a lot of people who betray trust in order to get sexual pleasure. And by being able to do so, they ruin their ability to have truly loving sharing with people in their lives.

I think of this, then > not only pedophile predators are capable of betraying trust. This is why there can be non-pedophile people who can readily betray people by helping to cover up for predators! Because Satan's kingdom does not only have pedophile betrayers; and pedophile predation is a product of Satan's whole kingdom, which supports them.

I would say a basic definition homosexual is a person who prefers to get sexual gratification with a consenting person who also is an adult . . . or a younger person of similar age, I guess we could say. So, by definition, a homosexual can not be a pedophile.

So, if a group has made a project of screening out gays, in order to prove they are taking action > this could be yet another trick, whether they are doing this on purpose or not. Because > among other things > if someone is willing to report oneself as being gay, knowing he or she will not be accepted in the organization . . . this is not what a pedophile predator is likely to do . . . I would say :) If you are concerned that a candidate for your group could be a pedophile predator, you are talking about a person who is capable of betraying your trust; so how ever would you expect such a person to be honest to give you an honest answer to your question??

But, by the way, any of us can betray and deeply damage children, by our own bad example of supporting wrong things or actually doing anything which is wrong. Arguing, for only one example, can damage a child so the child could grow up not knowing how to relate in love, in marriage or other closer relating. And people can cover up for how they are violating children with their own horrible example, by making a project of saying gays are the big problem.

Violating a child's heart and soul can be at least as damaging as physically violating a child, I would say. So, I need to always be the right way with children and how I relate with different people.

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

"Do all things without complaining and disputing," (in Philippians 2:13-16)

"Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them." (Colossians 3:19)

There are a lot of anti-love things that I would say right now are doing more damage than wrong sexual activity is doing > unforgiveness is one that is quite able to ruin a person from being able to relate well in love.

6. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+41,260
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    There are those that go after teens. Earning their trust and exploiting them. That is also vile.