Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34

To me this is one of the most heart wrenching statements of Yeshua. Sometimes, our human feelings overwhelm us and we feel as if G-d has abandoned us. Psalm 22 reveals more of what had to be great emotional pain.

One thing is for sure. We have no capacity to appreciate the utterly horrific experience of having the sins of the world put upon the Son of G-d as He hung, in excruciating pain, from that cross. The spiritual sense of being forsaken must have been just as great or greater than the physical pain.

2 Cor 5:21 (Complete Jewish Bible)
God made this sinless man be a sin offering on our behalf, so that in union with him we might fully share in God’s righteousness.”
John 6:39 (CJB)
And this is the will of the One who sent me: that I should not lose any of all those he has given me but should raise them up on the Last Day.

Deut 31:6 (CJB)
Be strong, be bold, don’t be afraid or frightened of them, for Adonai your God is going with you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you
Deut 31:8 (CJB)
But Adonai — it is he who will go ahead of you. He will be with you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you, so don’t be afraid or downhearted.”
Joshua 1:9 (CJB)
Haven’t I ordered you, ‘Be strong, be bold’? So don’t be afraid or downhearted, because Adonai your God is with you wherever you go
Hebrews 13:5 (CJB)
Keep your lives free from the love of money; and be satisfied with what you have; for God himself has said, “I will never fail you or abandon you.”

Definition of forsake
Abandon someone or something; Renounce or give up something valued or pleasant.

Did G-d really forsake and abandon Yeshua?

Thankyou that is an excellent read... God bless!

Shep

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Ah back to Romans,the same Spirit who raised our lord,we serve a living God who will not forsake us.

That same Spirit the mighty power dwell's in us!
If We get a complete grasp of this before Christ comes back the out pouring will shake the earth!

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Num 20: 12 But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "Because you did not trust me enough to demonstrate my holiness to the people of Israel, you will not lead them into the land I am giving them!"

Stopped in my tracks while reading this.Do we really trust Him to demonstrate His holiness? If we really do there is no end to that which we will see. Expectancy is the key. Our God is Holy and today He wants to demonstrate His holiness to us, but not only to us but through us in demonstration of His Kingdom power.

Upvote 0