TQ
✟50,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This was originally a blog post I was encouraged to share by Hidden in Him, thank you for your kind words!

I had a dream where a friend, also in the faith, and I were going to see a wise older man at his house. On the way to the house we stopped and got supermarket takeaway sandwiches I do not remember was hers was but mine was chicken with salad or fajita style not sure. We each ate of one the two sandwiches in our cardboard box before going into the house. We did not want to take food into the house so we put the sandwiches on a wall or table by the house intending to finish them off later. I do not remember what wisdom the man of God gave but I remember leaving and returning to the sandwiches and they were where we left them but to me the table was now the inside of a rubbish bin, a green wheely bin. We both reached in got our sandwiches but before I started eating mine I realised it had been in a bin and was contaminated by now and not safe to eat. I was not going to eat it but I remember being really scared that I almost had. My friend tried to comfort me and she said she had some curry sauce that she would put on my chicken sandwich that would make it safe to eat again. I do not like curry or curry sauce or why it would help but even though I think I believed her in the dream that it would make it safe to eat I felt deep down that it was wrong to eat so I left it.

When I woke up I thought what a strange dream but I remember it hours later and now I notice I had no fear or concern for her or over her sandwich being contaminated but then she had curry sauce on it and she believed it would be safe. I have no idea if this is random or God telling me something. I have been at odds with this friend over doctrines before we never seem to agree and she is fine with that and I always take it hard because I am always insecure about my own assurance and always confident in others assurance. It has been playing on my mind but I thought I had given it all to God all forgiven and forgotten.

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This was originally a blog post I was encouraged to share by Hidden in Him, thank you for your kind words!

I had a dream where a friend, also in the faith, and I were going to see a wise older man at his house. On the way to the house we stopped and got supermarket takeaway sandwiches I do not remember was hers was but mine was chicken with salad or fajita style not sure. We each ate of one the two sandwiches in our cardboard box before going into the house. We did not want to take food into the house so we put the sandwiches on a wall or table by the house intending to finish them off later. I do not remember what wisdom the man of God gave but I remember leaving and returning to the sandwiches and they were where we left them but to me the table was now the inside of a rubbish bin, a green wheely bin. We both reached in got our sandwiches but before I started eating mine I realised it had been in a bin and was contaminated by now and not safe to eat. I was not going to eat it but I remember being really scared that I almost had. My friend tried to comfort me and she said she had some curry sauce that she would put on my chicken sandwich that would make it safe to eat again. I do not like curry or curry sauce or why it would help but even though I think I believed her in the dream that it would make it safe to eat I felt deep down that it was wrong to eat so I left it.

When I woke up I thought what a strange dream but I remember it hours later and now I notice I had no fear or concern for her or over her sandwich being contaminated but then she had curry sauce on it and she believed it would be safe. I have no idea if this is random or God telling me something. I have been at odds with this friend over doctrines before we never seem to agree and she is fine with that and I always take it hard because I am always insecure about my own assurance and always confident in others assurance. It has been playing on my mind but I thought I had given it all to God all forgiven and forgotten.
It seems your friend was not moved by the wise man in your dream. You, on the other hand, became aware of the filth of the world you were about to consume. It seems you are the one who was being assured of your faith.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for reposting, Sister!

Here is what your dream appears to mean. Please feel free to correct anything you feel does not witness to your spirit, as you would be the one to know how the details fit the best.

But here is a rough draft of what the symbolism suggests:

- The sandwiches here refer to spiritual food, i.e. teachings you and your friend each receive and regard as accurate.
- The "house" of the wise old man may here be a church or someone's ministry whom you might both occasionally listen to (if only once), and then discuss the teachings together.
- Putting your sandwiches (i.e. spiritual food) aside to go into the "house" means setting aside your doctrines/ beliefs to go "in" and hear the wise man's teachings/ message.
- Not remembering what the wise man said but going back to get your sandwiches represents each of you reverting back to your own personal beliefs/ doctrines afterwards.
- The problem comes right here. There is a suggestion that after hearing the wise old man (a good teacher of the word), what you both though to be "good (spiritual) food" beforehand is now going "bad," i.e. you personally are finding it to be false, symbolized by the fact that it now has to be dug out of the trash bin.
- You don't want it anymore, but your friend still does. This means that you have ears to receive teaching that corrects your previous assumptions. In other words, you are teachable, which is a wonderful thing.
- Your friend however is not. She still sees nothing wrong with eating the old spiritual food, though you have now become convicted about the dangers of "eating" it.
- Curry. This is a giveaway that your friend is into foreign-based, possibly oriental teachings of some sort. As wikipedia states, "Curry (/ˈkʌri/, plural curries) is an umbrella term referring to a number of dishes originating in the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent.... Curry was adopted and anglicised from the Tamil (i.e. Indian) word kari meaning 'sauce.'" So the suggestion is that she is possibly into New Age thought or maybe incorporates the teachings of Hinduism or Buddhism into her "Christian" thinking, and this is "contaminating" her doctrines. Yet she tells you put this same "sauce" (i.e. twist) on what you believe, encouraging you that this will make it "safe to eat."
- But your fear of "eating it," i.e. receiving it as the truth, is well founded. It is false teaching, and you should not eat it. The fact that you don't like curry sauce in your dream reflects that fact that you do NOT incorporate foreign teachings into your interpretations of the scriptures.

So the meaning of the dream is you need to be more self-assured, and trust your senses. Some people are naturally more self-confident than others, but this does not guarantee that they are right. The Lord is trying to tell you that the opposite is actually true. Trust what you are hearing from God, and reject whatever teachings you sense might be spiritually "contaminated."

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for reposting, Sister!

Here is what your dream appears to mean. Please feel free to correct anything you feel does not witness to your spirit, as you would be the one to know how the details fit the best.

But here is a rough draft of what the symbolism suggests:

- The sandwiches here refer to spiritual food, i.e. teachings you and your friend each receive and regard as accurate.
- The "house" of the wise old man may here be a church or someone's ministry whom you might both occasionally listen to (if only once), and then discuss the teachings together.
- Putting your sandwiches (i.e. spiritual food) aside to go into the "house" means setting aside your doctrines/ beliefs to go "in" and hear the wise man's teachings/ message.
- Not remembering what the wise man said but going back to get your sandwiches represents each of you reverting back to your own personal beliefs/ doctrines afterwards.
- The problem comes right here. There is a suggestion that after hearing the wise old man (a good teacher of the word), what you both though to be "good (spiritual) food" beforehand is now going "bad," i.e. you personally are finding it to be false, symbolized by the fact that it now has to be dug out of the trash bin.
- You don't want it anymore, but your friend still does. This means that you have ears to receive teaching that corrects your previous assumptions. In other words, you are teachable, which is a wonderful thing.
- Your friend however is not. She still sees nothing wrong with eating the old spiritual food, though you have now become convicted about the dangers of "eating" it.
- Curry. This is a giveaway that your friend is into foreign-based, possibly oriental teachings of some sort. As wikipedia states, "Curry (/ˈkʌri/, plural curries) is an umbrella term referring to a number of dishes originating in the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent.... Curry was adopted and anglicised from the Tamil (i.e. Indian) word kari meaning 'sauce.'" So the suggestion is that she is possibly into New Age thought or maybe incorporates the teachings of Hinduism or Buddhism into her "Christian" thinking, and this is "contaminating" her doctrines. Yet she tells you put this same "sauce" (i.e. twist) on what you believe, encouraging you that this will make it "safe to eat."
- But your fear of "eating it," i.e. receiving it as the truth, is well founded. It is false teaching, and you should not eat it. The fact that you don't like curry sauce in your dream reflects that fact that you do NOT incorporate foreign teachings into your interpretations of the scriptures.

So the meaning of the dream is you need to be more self-assured, and trust your senses. Some people are naturally more self-confident than others, but this does not guarantee that they are right. The Lord is trying to tell you that the opposite is actually true. Trust what you are hearing from God, and reject whatever teachings you sense might be spiritually "contaminated."
Spot on analysis, Hidden! I had some of those same thoughts, but did not have the time to write it down. Praise the Lord that you did!

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spot on analysis, Hidden! I had some of those same thoughts, but did not have the time to write it down. Praise the Lord that you did!

She would be the one to confirm, but the part you posted on does indeed seem very likely. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This has really helped and reassured me I am so glad I shared it thank you so much! God bless you all. Yes, yes it all makes sence. She is really into philosophy.

We're glad we could help. :wave: If you have other dreams, please post them here. I don't invite posting just anything, since sometimes a dream can arise from leaving the TV volume too loud when we fall asleep, LoL. But when it's one like this one, where you have a very strong witness that it is from the Lord, please feel free to share it. It could be something the Lord wants more than just you to hear. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Food is often symbolic for word from God (which can be any manner of expression, including actions). In not a few cases, communication can go stale, as it loses context of the time. Like telling someone something to cheer them up when they were sad on Tuesday and they only hear it on Wednesday when they are no longer sad. (This is something you can recall happened to the manna from Heaven that the Israelites in the desert received. It went rotten if they did not eat it that day.)

Oddly, hot sauce, which curry has (hot spices), has been shown to have some anti-bacterial properties.

Often, you can get meaning from a word made in another context. Depends on how flexible you are and used to dealing with shifting contexts, is one attribute I see.

While in the world, much is not made from 'word from God', which can come through almost anyone or anything, such words are what we live on and do tend to impact our lives profoundly, even if we often do not even realize they ultimately came from God.

Further, many times we hear the Lord in our hearts and do not consciously recognize it as such, but may later go, "Oh, I thought that at the time, but...". Unconsciously, we always know when God has spoken to us.

But, this is just one possibility.

Very often dreams have specific meaning for the dreamer which uses their own "language", being very context sensitive and dynamic.

Upvote 0