• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Information on Ritual Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was Ritually Abused by Satanist. Here is a great website and information on Ritual Abuse in case it can help others.

Ritual Abuse - RA Info

What is Ritual Abuse?
Ritual abuse is an extreme, sadistic form of abuse of children and non-consenting adults. It is methodical, systematic sexual, physical, emotional and spiritual abuse, which often includes mind control, torture, and highly illegal and immoral activities such as murder, child inappropriate contentography and prostitution. The abuse is justified by a religious or political ideology.
What is ritual abuse? (broad definition)

Ritual abuse is the abuse of a child, weaker adult, or animal in a ritual setting or manner. In a broad sense, many of our overtly or covertly socially sanctioned actions can be seen as ritual abuse, such as military basic training, hazing, racism, spanking children, and partner-battering. Some abuse is private, some public.

What is ritual abuse? (broad definition)

Ritual abuse is the abuse of a child, weaker adult, or animal in a ritual setting or manner. In a broad sense, many of our overtly or covertly socially sanctioned actions can be seen as ritual abuse, such as military basic training, hazing, racism, spanking children, and partner-battering. Some abuse is private, some public.

What Ideologies are used to justify ritual abuse?

Any ideology can be twisted or adapted to abusive ends. In the United States, Canada, and Europe, people have reported being ritually abused under the banner of Satanism, Christianity, various pagan and pantheistic belief systems, white supremacy movements, Naziism, Santeria, voodoo, etc. At the present time, Satanism is either the most common ideology under which ritual abuse is practiced or it is receiving the most attention.

<staff edit - please see the full article at the link above>

What about recovery?

I (speaking for myself only) do not use the words recovery and healing in this context. They imply to me that things can be repaired and thus they minimize the experience of ritual abuse. If I can be fixed, it wasn’t all that bad.

Instead, I prefer to think about how I can live with my past in a different way. I prefer to examine my relationship with extreme evil, the concepts of free will and coercion, the structure of the mind, and the nature of connectedness with life and with other humans. My goals are increased knowledge of my past and of my internal structure, increased flexibility of thought, and increased control over my own behavior.

Many ritual abuse survivors passionately declare that they have an individual path that they must follow. Others are able to grasp the guidance of religion, twelve-step movements, or therapy and to adopt these concepts as their own. Every person’s path is unique, just as every person is unique.

In general, I think that there are several factors that aid in living with the reality of this extreme kind of abuse. First is a willingness, conscious or unconscious, to break the ties that bind us to violence. Second is the strength and luck to get away, physically. And then there are imprecise terms, such as soul, or love, or guiding spirit, that cannot be defined, but which shape our stance to ourselves and to the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please Read:

This thread has been moved and cleaned, as recovery is for support. As this is an informational piece, it is being moved to the Recovery Library. The posts have been removed as this is an information and education section of the Recovery area.

Thanks.

Reactions: Bluerose31
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.