✟11,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*Limps to podium*

ASW: Hi, my name is Andy...

Support Group: HI ANDY!

ASW: ...and it's been six months since I last attended an Independent Baptist Church.

SG: *claps*

ASW: After attending, ministering in and pastoring in many different Independent Baptist Churches over the last 30+ years I am thankful for two things. One: I am thankful for the generally sound doctrinal foundation laid for me by these churches...

SG: Amen!

ASW: ...two: I am thankful that I am no longer going to attend nor serve in any Independent Baptist Churches for as long as I am able to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide.

SG: AMEN BROTHER!

ASW: Thank you and keep me in your prayers as I take some time to heal from the stab wounds so liberally applied to my back by my flock and my peers.

SG: Help him, Lord!

*Limps back to seat*

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
*Limps to podium*

ASW: Hi, my name is Andy...

Support Group: HI ANDY!

ASW: ...and it's been six months since I last attended an Independent Baptist Church.

SG: *claps*

ASW: After attending, ministering in and pastoring in many different Independent Baptist Churches over the last 30+ years I am thankful for two things. One: I am thankful for the generally sound doctrinal foundation laid for me by these churches...

SG: Amen!

ASW: ...two: I am thankful that I am no longer going to attend nor serve in any Independent Baptist Churches for as long as I am able to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide.

SG: AMEN BROTHER!

ASW: Thank you and keep me in your prayers as I take some time to heal from the stab wounds so liberally applied to my back by my flock and my peers.

SG: Help him, Lord!

*Limps back to seat*
I can't think of anything more difficult or frustrating than a shepherd trying to be a goatherder. I wish I could do more than just pray for you.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many Independant Baptists here...as well as many who claim to be Baptist but have theologies of other denominations too.

THere are SBC and American and all sorts of Baptists...I haven't seen any Seventh Day Baptists...but I think they hang out in a different corner.

And contrary to what the Reformed theologians might have you believe...you are very welcome here.

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are many Independant Baptists here...as well as many who claim to be Baptist but have theologies of other denominations too.

THere are SBC and American and all sorts of Baptists...I haven't seen any Seventh Day Baptists...but I think they hang out in a different corner.

And contrary to what the Reformed theologians might have you believe...you are very welcome here.
You are the one making yourself unwelcome John. This constant attack is not only pointless but childish. You are only hurting yourself. Grow up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andy S. Wright

Hiding In Plain Sight
Jun 6, 2009
Texas
✟11,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't think of anything more difficult or frustrating than a shepherd trying to be a goatherder. I wish I could do more than just pray for you.

Thank you, mlqurgw (that screenname is quite the mouthful). Prayer is more than enough and is appreciated.

Upvote 0

TimRout

Biblicist
Feb 27, 2008
Ontario
✟13,717.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, mlqurgw (that screenname is quite the mouthful). Prayer is more than enough and is appreciated.
I know. MLQURGW is a mighty mouthful. It's almost like that symbol thing Prince did a few years back. That's why most of us just call him "the guy formerly known as Ron".

(Just kidding Ron :wave:)

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know. MLQURGW is a mighty mouthful. It's almost like that symbol thing Prince did a few years back. That's why most of us just call him "the guy formerly known as Ron".

(Just kidding Ron :wave:)
Actually you have to be a part of my secret society to decifer the name. Of course to be a part of my secret society you have to think and believe just like me. ;) In reality it is the username given me by a former employer and I used it other places because I could remember it. It kinda stuck now. When you get as old as I am you have trouble remembering things like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ya, but are you a King James man?

My brother in law is a Pastor at a King James only church. Our church preaches using the NKJV or KJV. I know several that perfer ESV or NASB in our church. We have had people in our seminary write books on the subject. I believe the Majority text is best so NKJV is ideal for me since it is closer then the ESV and NASB but it also shows differences between text types unlike the KJV. There are a few English translations based off the Majority text out there but nothing I normally use. Most KJV onlyism (not all) is refuted because many out there don't use the 1611 version and there are words added or completly changed between the 1611 and what is normally used. This is much more then just spelling corrections. I regress. Anyway, anyone can feel free to PM me or start a new thread so that I don't get blamed for starting a debate. Or I could just blame Tim. :D

Upvote 0

DD2008

Oct 3, 2008
Texas
✟8,121.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My brother in law is a Pastor at a King James only church. Our church preaches using the NKJV or KJV. I know several that perfer ESV or NASB in our church. We have had people in our seminary write books on the subject. I believe the Majority text is best so NKJV is ideal for me since it is closer then the ESV and NASB but it also shows differences between text types unlike the KJV. There are a few English translations based off the Majority text out there but nothing I normally use. Most KJV onlyism (not all) is refuted because many out there don't use the 1611 version and there are words added or completly changed between the 1611 and what is normally used. This is much more then just spelling corrections. I regress. Anyway, anyone can feel free to PM me or start a new thread so that I don't get blamed for starting a debate. Or I could just blame Tim. :D

There is an open challenge to KJV Onlyists in this thread:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7379107/

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.