Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Any Independent Baptists around? I've attended these churches and find the preaching strait to the point, very little or no doctrinal confusion (compared to some Charismatic churches), and repentance, conviction of sin, sanctification, and the Lord's return are stressed often, with of course Jesus Christ and His blood shed on the cross being the ONLY way to be saved.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was born again in an Independent Baptist church. All of my local church memberships have been in Independent Baptist churches.
Although other denominations of churches also have pastors, teachers, evangelists, and church members that have very, very strong agreement with Independent Baptists, the Lord hasn't tried to change my mind about which denomination of churches He wants me to have my membership in.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I was born again in an Independent Baptist church. All of my local church memberships have been in Independent Baptist churches.
Although other denominations of churches also have pastors, teachers, evangelists, and church members that have very, very strong agreement with Independent Baptists, the Lord hasn't tried to change my mind about which denomination of churches He wants me to have my membership in.

I've been in all kind of churches, with the exception of the radical snake handling pentecostals. No thanks! I've been in churches like you mentioned that have a very strong agreement with Independent Baptists, even some that are Pentecostal, but do not go for the flamboyancy found in some of their churches, not to mention getting side tracked into name it & claim it prosperity gospel.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0