Inconsistencies in the preterist view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenlu

May 29, 2002
Visit site
✟625.00
How did the early church come up with the Nicene Creed Auntie...They used the Bible...my guess is if you were around then and there were message boards about the Nicene Creed and you asked a question about where they came up with it...I dare say they would use scripture...then you would have to disregard there teachings...because the Jehovah's Witness, Moormans, etc. etc. etc. use scripture...I'm just trying to point out your flaw in deciding anyone who uses scripture to defend their views is not twisting, even according to you...if you think about it...

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by jenlu
I'm just trying to point out your flaw in deciding anyone who uses scripture to defend their views is not twisting, even according to you...if you think about it...

I never said that, Jenlu, you are misinterpreting me.:p

Anyone can use scripture to back up their views, yes. Read some of goodnewsinc posts, he uses scripture to PROVE that God has a WIFE!

The question is, WHOSE INTERPRETATION of scripture do you believe??? The Nicene Creed, written around 350AD I think, lists the BASIC beliefs of most Christian churches, Catholic and Protestant alike.

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um
I depend upon the early churches INTERPRETATION of scripture, Jenlu. Mainly the Nicene Creed, which was written to clear up a lot of false interpretations..
AuntieBelle, I depend on the authority of the scripture and the inspired writers of the NT and let scripture speak on it's own! The Nicene Creed is not infallible, it is fallible and it is not inspired by God, so it is subject to error. Scripture was written so as to be it's own interpreter with the purpose of clearing up a lot of false interpretations of men.

When people divorce themselves from the very basics of the Nicene Creed, they are walking on thin ice. [/B]

When people divorce themselves from the authority of the scripture and place their trust in a creed over scripture they are more prone to adopt false teachings resulting in apostecy.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um
Jenlu,

Don't the Jehovah Witnesses back up their beliefs with scripture?

Don't the Mormons back up their beliefs with srcipture?

Don't the Moonies back up their beliefs with scripture?

I can list others, if you are interested...

These folks have a tendency to REWRITE scripture not just use it to prove their beliefs. Have you ever read the Jehovah's Witnesses bible? It is decidedly different than ours. Furthermore, these cults deny the Lordship of Jesus Christ. If anything, preterists magnify the present Lordship of Christ in a much greater way than futurists do.

Ozark

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.