• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Inconsistencies in the preterist view?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by npetreley, Jun 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenlu

jenlu Member

+1
    How did the early church come up with the Nicene Creed Auntie...They used the Bible...my guess is if you were around then and there were message boards about the Nicene Creed and you asked a question about where they came up with it...I dare say they would use scripture...then you would have to disregard there teachings...because the Jehovah's Witness, Moormans, etc. etc. etc. use scripture...I'm just trying to point out your flaw in deciding anyone who uses scripture to defend their views is not twisting, even according to you...if you think about it...

2. parousia70

parousia70 I'm livin' in yesterday's tomorrow Supporter

+2,918
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Auntie.
    Simple question:

Do you believe the Nicene creed is infallible?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Thanks

3. Auntie

Auntie THANK YOU JESUS!!

+603
    Christian
    Married
    I never said that, Jenlu, you are misinterpreting me.:p

Anyone can use scripture to back up their views, yes. Read some of goodnewsinc posts, he uses scripture to PROVE that God has a WIFE!

The question is, WHOSE INTERPRETATION of scripture do you believe??? The Nicene Creed, written around 350AD I think, lists the BASIC beliefs of most Christian churches, Catholic and Protestant alike.

4. franklin

franklin Sexed up atheism = Pantheism

+218
    Atheist
    Private
    AuntieBelle, I depend on the authority of the scripture and the inspired writers of the NT and let scripture speak on it's own! The Nicene Creed is not infallible, it is fallible and it is not inspired by God, so it is subject to error. Scripture was written so as to be it's own interpreter with the purpose of clearing up a lot of false interpretations of men.

When people divorce themselves from the authority of the scripture and place their trust in a creed over scripture they are more prone to adopt false teachings resulting in apostecy.

5. Ozarkpreterist

Ozarkpreterist New Member

+1
    These folks have a tendency to REWRITE scripture not just use it to prove their beliefs. Have you ever read the Jehovah's Witnesses bible? It is decidedly different than ours. Furthermore, these cults deny the Lordship of Jesus Christ. If anything, preterists magnify the present Lordship of Christ in a much greater way than futurists do.

Ozark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.