United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by npetreley

He was correcting her misunderstanding of what He meant at the time when He said Lazarus will rise again -- that day.

Oh, OK, My misunderstanding, however she (and Lazarus) would still look for a "Better Resurrection" than the one Lazarus received that particular day.

Jesus never contradicts that.

Upvote 0

GTX

<font size=1><font color=gray><b>Rapid Transit Aut
Nov 24, 2001
✟1,444.00
I still see inconsistencies. I am completely unconvinced.

Why in the world would a model Christian who is also awaiting the end times not be enlightened to the fact that this is Christs Kingdom? Why are you the only ones enlightened?

I truly believe you guys believe this, but aren't you just a tad disappointed? I mean doesn't it sound much nicer and more glorious knowing Christ is going to come and reign on earth?

Please your own words, no scripture. :)

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Originally posted by GTX

Why in the world would a model Christian who is also awaiting the end times not be enlightened to the fact that this is Christs Kingdom? Why are you the only ones enlightened?

I truly believe you guys believe this, but aren't you just a tad disappointed? I mean doesn't it sound much nicer and more glorious knowing Christ is going to come and reign on earth?

"Please your own words, no scripture" -I believe this says it all when it comes to your end-time understanding, or lack thereof. You said it perfectly, thankyou. :(

davo

Upvote 0

GTX

<font size=1><font color=gray><b>Rapid Transit Aut
Nov 24, 2001
✟1,444.00
Originally posted by davo

"Please your own words, no scripture" -I believe this says it all when it comes to your end-time understanding, or lack thereof. You said it perfectly, thankyou. :(

davo

How can you say that? I asked for an explaination in a preterists own words! I am on your side, I too believe Christ hasn't returned yet. :confused:

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Originally posted by GTX
How can you say that? I asked for an explaination in a preterists own words! I am on your side, I too believe Christ hasn't returned yet. :confused:

Sorry for the misunderstanding -Preterism, also known as fulfilled prophecy or covenant eschatology, and also Transmillennialism(tm) or pantelism, all acknowledge that Christ returned in His generation as He promised, in the destruction of Jerusalem -being the end of the Old Covenant, in AD70. This I believe. I am not a futurist. :)

davo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by franklin

Thankyou for the uplifting and encouraging words there brother Manifest! You have said it very well in this post!
I pray that our futurist brothers that pay us a visit in our assigned forum will all be on the same page of biblical teaching one day soon! Did I say soon? :D

Hi brother franklin. Lest all pray that it is not soon, because we all know soon can mean 1.000 2.000 3.000 4.000 or 5.000 years from now. :)

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by unworthyone
Don't feel bad. Paul probably didn't use only scripture to write scripture.

unworthyone, In other words Paul wasn't inspired by God when he wrote most of the NT? Your statement presents many problems! I once heard a lady in my usual dispensational sunday school class say that Paul used escape clauses when he was writting about the rapture in 1Thess! I went bolt upright out of my seat when she said that! Scripture should be allowed to be it's own interpreter, scripture must be allowed to speak for itself!
BTW, Paul isn't even talking about a rapture anyway as is so commonly taught!

Upvote 0

IB

Idaho Bassman
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by GTX

Please your own words, no scripture.

Yo GTX,
When I became a Christian I was taught that I was entering into the Kingdom(of God, of heaven, of Christ all the same). Some churches don't teach this concept, but I don't know why. Study it for yourself and you will see that we are part of God's Kingdom now(if we are a Christian).

As far 'doesn't it sound much nicer' my answer is no. Knowing that Jesus fulfilled what he promised when he promised and that he reigns now, gives me the confidence to face this world. I have the joy of knowing I am in the Kingdom and nothing can take that from me.

GTX, when I first noticed some of your posts they were a bit defensive, but lately I noticed you are more open, keep it up brother. Search the scripture for yourself and come to your own conclusions.

C-Ya, IB

Upvote 0
Originally posted by GTX

Hi GTX. May I sak you another question? Where in the Bible does it say that Christ is going to come and reign on earth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by Manifestation1*AD70

Hi GTX. May I sak you another question? Where in the Bible does it say that Christ is going to come and reign on earth?

I realize you weren't asking me, but here are some:

Psalm 2:

6 "I have installed my King on Zion, my holy hill." I will proclaim the decree of the Lord : He said to me, "You are my Son ; today I have become your Father.

Revelation 14:1 implies it, since the reference is to Mount Zion and the 144,000 with Him are those protected during the time of wrath (in other words, they are living people on earth).

Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father's name written on their foreheads.

Isaiah 9:

And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness

Can you interpret these spiritually? Sure. But they could also be literal.

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟26,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Satan said : I will .

Jesus said : Not my will , but the will of him who sent me .

So to live we must first die , we must take up our cross and follow Christ . We must crusify ourselves and cast down our lives ( Our self will ) . It is our self will that makes us followers of satan . He who believes in me will live even though he dies .

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟791,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by npetreley

Revelation 14:1 implies it, since the reference is to Mount Zion and the 144,000 with Him are those protected during the time of wrath (in other words, they are living people on earth).

Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father's name written on their foreheads.

Isaiah 9:

And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness

Can you interpret these spiritually? Sure. But they could also be literal.

How do you define the difference between "literal & spiritual"?
Isn't a spiritual fulfillment Literal?

Do you not believe The spiritual realm is just as literal a reality as the temporal?

I'd argue it is even more literal than the temporal.

When you look for a "literal" fulfillment of Revelation 14:1, how "Literal" do you get?
Does a Literal "Lamb" stand on mount Zion? or is that to be understood as spiritual? according to a literal view, dosen't there have to be a literal lamb standing on Mt Zion before the prophesy can be fulfilled?

Please show me how a "spiritual" fulfillment is somehow not a "literal" fulfillment.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.