✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,

What's a good way for someone who is pregnant and goes to school M-Th up until 4-5pm to make money?

Tried reselling doesnt make me sufficient money at a acceptable rate

Tried gig work good money not good for a pregnant woman though it's Arizona heat delivering packages that can sometimes be heavy

Regular job not flexible enough with my classes and I already failing my classes cause I struggle making time to make money and study

My credit is a 550 and I have no cosigner I can't find any grants or scholarships

My school ate up all my financial aid

I only have 6 months until I graduate

Help?

• Friendly
Reactions: Sam91

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Are there any on-campus jobs for students at your university -- working as a tutor, or in the library, or in the cafeteria, etc.? I had some jobs like that when I was a student.

Or, are there any part-time jobs near your campus like being a cashier or working at a fast-food outlet? Some of my students have jobs like that while they're in school.

• Useful
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's not a university. I already graduated university. It's a private medical technical school. And no they don't have on campus jobs it's a small school. I am pregnant so I can't work your typical college job and I need more than 11.50/hr. I was working part time as a certified pharmacy technician for a grocery store I was failing classes just trying to do that.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Probably an awful idea and could get some backlash and embarassment but I've read viral news stories about people setting up 'Go fund me' accounts for more trivial things.

I hope that you do find something though. Trust in the Lord to provide a way and lead you to it. I'll pray. Good night.

Edit:Maybe ask your Pastor and people at Church if they know of anything you can do. Someone may have a solution or know of an opportunity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

What's a good way for someone who is pregnant and goes to school M-Th up until 4-5pm to make money?

Tried gig work good money not good for a pregnant woman though it's Arizona heat delivering packages that can sometimes be heavy

Regular job not flexible enough with my classes and I already failing my classes cause I struggle making time to make money and study

My credit is a 550 and I have no cosigner I can't find any grants or scholarships

Help?
I’m so sorry you are in this predicament. Maybe you could start a go fund me account directed at pro-lifers. Right now a lot of them may be looking for an opportunity to put their money where there mouth is. Or ask for help from churches? There is no social safety net for someone like you and that is terribly wrong, but most pro-lifers here on CF claim they want to help single mothers.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Help?
I hope you have already initiated child support proceedings with the courts in your area.
The child will be his responsibility too.
How is your husband helping, leading up to his child's birth?

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’m so sorry you are in this predicament. Maybe you could start a go fund me account directed at pro-lifers. Right now a lot of them may be looking for an opportunity to put their money where there mouth is. Or ask for help from churches? There is no social safety net for someone like you and that is terribly wrong, but most pro-lifers here on CF claim they want to help single mothers.
I refuse to put my face on gofund me and admit I need help. It'd be humiliating. I'm also still with the baby's father so im technically not a single mother but yeah it does seem alot like the U.S. basically ignores pregnancy. It's almost like they sweep it under the rug like it doesn't happen. I remember feeling the same way when I started working when I was a teen and had to deal with the monthly cycle it's was like I don't really get bathroom breaks and I have to deal with this every 2-4, hours and cramps and you don't make any accommodations as if my body works the same as a male. It's 20x worse with pregnancy I had no idea.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps an online job or business, or a restaurant? I know many restaurants may need more people on weekends which could work with your school schedule.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's common for couples to trade financial responsibilities back and forth, as the family's circumstances change. For example, I worked more hours than my husband while he was finishing grad school, but he worked more hours than me while I was home with our newborn son. Could you work out something like that with your partner? Perhaps he could pay for most/all of the rent right now, during the six months while you're finishing your schooling, and then later -- after you've landed that job that your schooling was preparing you for -- you can pay for a larger share of the rent. It will benefit both you and your partner if you can finish your schooling on schedule, without having to repeat classes because you don't have enough time to devote to your studies.

(Note: By "work" here, I mean "work for pay outside the home". I do not in any way wish to imply that schooling and child care aren't work. They are both very hard work.)

(Another note: Yeah, having to deal with a female body is a total pain, with menstruation and pregnancy and everything that goes with, and a lot of workplaces don't make any allowances for any of that.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's common for couples to trade financial responsibilities back and forth, as the family's circumstances change. For example, I worked more hours than my husband while he was finishing grad school, but he worked more hours than me while I was home with our newborn son. Could you work out something like that with your partner? Perhaps he could pay for most/all of the rent right now, during the six months while you're finishing your schooling, and then later -- after you've landed that job that your schooling was preparing you for -- you can pay for a larger share of the rent. It will benefit both you and your partner if you can finish your schooling on schedule, without having to repeat classes because you don't have enough time to devote to your studies.

(Note: By "work" here, I mean "work for pay outside the home". I do not in any way wish to imply that schooling and child care aren't work. They are both very hard work.)

(Another note: Yeah, having to deal with a female body is a total pain, with menstruation and pregnancy and everything that goes with, and a lot of workplaces don't make any allowances for any of that.)

I think that's kind of what he's implying he'll do the thing is that he's only 21 and he's been working toward his dream car (he is a mechanic) for about 2 years but always gets laid off or something and has to make the money all over again. I was also short on rent a few times when I had bosses cut my hours previously when I was employed as a Pharmacy technician. Anyway I owe him $2400 already because of it and he often reminds me of this and how he'll never get his car. But I try to tell him I'm only broke because I'm not in my field yet. Once I get my certification for medical technology I'll never be unemployed.

I don't know maybe I'll talk to him again...

• Friendly
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that's kind of what he's implying he'll do the thing is that he's only 21 and he's been working toward his dream car (he is a mechanic) for about 2 years but always gets laid off or something and has to make the money all over again. I was also short on rent a few times when I had bosses cut my hours previously when I was employed as a Pharmacy technician. Anyway I owe him $2400 already because of it and he often reminds me of this and how he'll never get his car. But I try to tell him I'm only broke because I'm not in my field yet. Once I get my certification for medical technology I'll never be unemployed.

I don't know maybe I'll talk to him again...
It's time he changed his "dream" for a car to the child he is about to be endowed with from God.
And you?
Who is going to take care of your new son or daughter if you go to work?
That is your responsibility, not some expensive day-care.
If the "father" of your baby won't take responsibility now, he never will.
Time to show him out the door.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's time he changed his "dream" for a car to the child he is about to be endowed with from God.
And you?
Who is going to take care of your new son or daughter if you go to work?
That is your responsibility, not some expensive day-care.
If the "father" of your baby won't take responsibility now, he never will.
Time to show him out the door.

Never said he wouldn't why people seem so eager to blame men and say the woman needs to leave. First of all we both own this apartment. He's made rent payments when I've been short so I am.not showing anyone out the door. I feel like this society today likes to demonize men. That's why so many divorces are caused because of women filling for dumb reaaons. I'm Sorry not gonna make my baby a baby without a father over pettiness like a lot of other women out there. They may want to be single mother's but that's not my life and I refuse to w we let it be. My fiance wants his baby and he knows he has to work so I see nothing wrong there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Never said he wouldn't why people seem so eager to blame men and say the woman needs to leave. First of all we both own this apartment. He's made rent payments when I've been short so I am.not showing anyone out the door. I feel like this society today likes to demonize men. That's why so many divorces are caused because of women filling for dumb reaaons. I'm Sorry not gonna make my baby a baby without a father over pettiness like a lot of other women out there. They may want to be single mother's but that's not my life and I refuse to w we let it be. My fiance wants his baby and he knows he has to work so I see nothing wrong there.
It seemed to me that the start of your thread was a plea for help.
Your help is standing along side of you.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can search for data entry online jobs. It's a good way to make extra money from home on your own hours even if you are in school or have a full time job. Check out Amazon's program: https://www.mturk.com/get-started
Each task you complete doesn't earn a ton, but it all adds up and is a great way to earn extra cash by just having some extra time.

Upvote 0