Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I enjoyed all the various details that were incorporated in the dream world. Such concepts as that you never remember the beginning of a dream, or 1 hr in a dream equals 5 minutes in reality, and being killed in a dream will wake you up.

I would definitely recommend seeing the movie and don't worry everything in the movie is explained and is not confusing as long as you pay attention.

Upvote 0
Jul 15, 2010
New York
Visit site
✟15,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that he was sleeping the whole time. If his totem was his wife's totem how can he know if he was ever awake. The times that it stopped spinning maybe his subconscious made it stop spinning. I mean if it is a dream what is stopping it from spinning? Only someone's mind. If he thinks he is awake it stops, if he thinks he is dreaming it doesn't stop.

Upvote 0

genifer

May 29, 2006
✟16,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cant remember how to do the 'spoiler button' thingy so Im going old school with the spoilers here, putting them in white.

***I saw it finally the other day. At first I didnt even consider whether he was dreaming at the end, but as I got to thinking about it over the following days (as a good movie often gets ya doing) I realised that it seemed like it was all a dream from beginning to end. The way it started, how we couldnt tell when the dreams finished, the chase scene when the wall narrowed, that was supposed to be reality but it all seemed dream-like to me. And of coarse in the end, how the children hadnt aged at all, how the token wasnt his but his wife's. I think Im going to have to watch it again to see what else I might have missed. Id like a nice neat happy ending too, but I think it was all a dream.***

Upvote 0

Philip22

Jun 24, 2007
✟20,370.00
Faith
Christian
Anyone else see this yet? I really liked it a lot! but it was no where near as confusing as everyone said it was. I read that it was impossible to understand on the first viewing so the whole time I was second guessing everything that was going on. Turns out it's pretty straight forward. Yeah there are some twists and turns but just pay attention and you won't get lost.[/quote

I know that I am a little late to this conversation , but I would agree with you.. if you pay attention ... it really is not that hard to follow but at the same time I liked it because it was not staight forward and you did have to think a little . It seemed to keep me entertained and it moved at a good pace . I would really recommend it . :sohappy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UnReAL13

Nov 30, 2010
USA
✟8,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Never thought you would have said that 10 years ago, did ya? ;)

Despite his epic fail role in "Titanic", I had still seen him in plenty of top quality films. The Basketball Diaries, The Man In The Iron Mask, Gangs of New York, The Beach, Catch Me If You Can. I even kinda enjoyed the modern version of Romeo & Juliet. Throw in The De-pah-ted and we've got a bonafide Oscar-caliber actor on our screens :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

LovesToBless

I'd thought maybe the grandfather (Michael Caine character) had created the dream that Cobb was now in, as he's the one who introduced him to Ariadne when he was looking for a new architect.

Now I'm also considering the ideas you all have shared about his wife and everything else. I too though, prefer to think of him actually being awake and in the real world with his kids.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nope he was awake. Didn't you see him spin that token? Dreams don't take much time. We don't know how long he was actually away from home.

You can spin the token in the dream or in real life.
In the dream the token doesn't stop spinning, but in real life it will fall over.

The top never fell over at the end, it was still spinning.

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

You can spin the token in the dream or in real life.
In the dream the token doesn't stop spinning, but in real life it will fall over.

The top never fell over at the end, it was still spinning.

However...it was starting to wobble...but of course they cut it before we could see it continue to spin...or...fall over.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Anyone else see this yet? I really liked it a lot! but it was no where near as confusing as everyone said it was. I read that it was impossible to understand on the first viewing so the whole time I was second guessing everything that was going on. Turns out it's pretty straight forward. Yeah there are some twists and turns but just pay attention and you won't get lost.

Great movie. I am more and more impressed with Leonardo DiCaprio as an actor with each film. He was fantastic in The Departed and The Aviator. Very original story and the special effects were awesome. I plan on adding this movie to my home theater collection. It's definitely one you'd watch more than once.

Upvote 0