In your opinion, why is Christianity the one true faith instead of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.?

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to God except through me."
I don't believe Christianity is the one true faith. I feel there is truth in most religions.

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What separates us from all other religions is the power we have behind the word of God. I questioned at one point whether what I was following the "one true faith/religion", but I cannot deny the things that I have heard, and seen throughout my Christian walk. I have never heard of a Muslim being healed by the word of Allah, or a Hindu being cured from cancer by the power of Annapurna. All religions have a little black book (Bible type items), some even have the same characters we have in our book, but none of the other little black books carry any power behind them.
Without the power behind the word of God, we'd be just like every other religion out there: worthless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to God except through me."

Two words - Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is God incarnate.

Jesus Christ conquered death in order to save humanity

Christianity is not supposed to be a religion.

Christianity is an active, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Religion is man's attempt to reach Heaven/Paradise/a Divine Being
jesus-the-shepherd.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,478,024.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be frank, every reason expressed thus far is poor.

Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. -- 1 Peter 3:15

Nobody here can give a true witness of Jesus' life, death, or resurrection. Nobody here was around to witness it.

"I was blind but now I see." That is a good witness: Telling people what Jesus has done for you. If Jesus has done nothing for you, then you don't have any better reason to believe than any Muslim or Hindu.

Here are some examples of testimonies of the type any Christian should be able to give.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
- I believe in a god all I've learned about the universe and nature, everything from astrophysics to microbiology, I don't see how it could have happened, and everything exists and work the way it does without a Creator.
- I believe in God partially because I grew up in a Christian home, and partially because of what follows...
- I believe Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that partially from his birth, life, and teachings, but mostly due to his resurrection.
- I believe Jesus resurrected from the dead because I think the literal, physical resurrection of Christ is the best explanation for the origin of Christianity.
There's ultimately three choices when it comes to Jesus,
1) He didn't exist - This doesn't fit into the origins of Christianity. I don't know why anyone would make up a story that gave them no immediate personal gain, wealth, and would ultimately end in their death. There are Roman records consistent with Biblical accounts of persecution, and the vast majority of scholars agree that he did exist.
2) He was just a man - If Jesus was just a man and didn't rise from the dead, 1. Where is his body? 2. If his body was stolen, someone at some point would have cracked and said "We hid it!", or if it was a conspiracy, and only two or three people knew, it's again the worst conspiracy ever as it gives them no personal gain whatsoever.
3) He was who he says he was. - As irrational as the idea of someone rising from the dead is (which is why it's a big deal that Jesus did), the essential either comes down believing sociopathic lunatics or believing that Jesus is the Messiah and Son of God.
- Therefore, since Jesus is the Son of God, he would best know how people should live their life. He wrote our biology, psychology, so he would know how to live the best way possible for everyone.
- Thus, I believe Christianity is the best way to live.

Reactions: catholic777
Upvote 0

Victory-N-Christ

God:Mighty -N-Power!!
Feb 25, 2017
Ga
✟39,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
In my opinion...
Okay.I was sick and I absolutely will not share what was wrong with me but the doctors had basically given me up..then 1day as I was resting on the sofa in my living room a preacher knocked on my door.I was too weak to let him in but I managed to raise up slightly to get a look at him through the screen door and recognizing him I asked him inside.He stood there looking at me with this stern expression on his haggard face ( he's what we call a "street preacher" which means he had no church but went from corner to corner preaching scripture through a bull horn) and frankly I was beginning to feel slightly alarmed.See I was home alone that day and much to weak to put up a fight if he went postal on me .After a minute or two he said and I'll never 4get this " The Holy Spirit lead me here. You're sick but in 3 days you'll be healed.Do you believe this?"
I said yes. See I've always known that there is healing through Jesus although I never put that knowledge into use. Up until then I never have a reason to do so on my own behalf.Well to make a long story short after 3 days I was healed.I've experienced many many miracles through Jesus in my Christian walk and Only through Him.
So just based off this it's my opinion that Christianity is the 1True Faith.

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion...
Okay.I was sick and I absolutely will not share what was wrong with me but the doctors had basically given me up..then 1day as I was resting on the sofa in my living room a preacher knocked on my door.I was too weak to let him in but I managed to raise up slightly to get a look at him through the screen door and recognizing him I asked him inside.He stood there looking at me with this stern expression on his haggard face ( he's what we call a "street preacher" which means he had no church but went from corner to corner preaching scripture through a bull horn) and frankly I was beginning to feel slightly alarmed.See I was home alone that day and much to weak to put up a fight if he went postal on me .After a minute or two he said and I'll never 4get this " The Holy Spirit lead me here. You're sick but in 3 days you'll be healed.Do you believe this?"
I said yes. See I've always known that there is healing through Jesus although I never put that knowledge into use. Up until then I never have a reason to do so on my own behalf.Well to make a long story short after 3 days I was healed.I've experienced many many miracles through Jesus in my Christian walk and Only through Him.
So just based off this it's my opinion that Christianity is the 1True Faith.
That is amazing. Amen, God is so good!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

catholic777

Oct 26, 2017
LA
✟16,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
hinduism and buddhism connive their gods with oni demons
. even Judaism has satan and shedim demons just doing Hashem's orders, no free will, just like robots....christianity ONLY faith that has a God fighting and punishing demons (who have free will as fallen angels in christianity) in Lake of Fire per revelation..

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because the Bible "works."

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” (John 14:21, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In your opinion, why is Christianity the one true faith instead of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.?

Islam, or Quran says:
…The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah … …believe in Allah and His messengers. …
Surat An-Nisā' 4:171
http://quran.com/4/171

Hinduism says:
"all paths are acceptable to God"
https://www.papermasters.com/hinduism-and-god.html

And Buddhism is really not even a religion, but a philosophy, because there is no god. And the goal is Nirvana, which is basically same as Biblical hell, destruction of soul and body.

On basis of those, I say Christianity is the one true faith. Quran agrees with the Bible on Jesus, Hinduism accepts anything (and at the same time loses all meaning) and Buddhism is not even in same category. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yep.
Islam listens to Muhammed, Judaism listens to Yahweh, Christianity of course listen the Jesus the Christ.

Matthew 17:5 Still of Him speaking, behold! a luminous cloud, luminous over shadows them
and behold! a Voice out of the cloud saying
"this is the Son of Me, the Beloved, in whom I delight, be ye hearing Him!"
. [Deut 28/Mark 9:7/Acts 3:22/Reve 2:18]

He proclaims Himself as Son of God to the 4th Assembly in Revelation:

Revelation 2:18 And to the messenger of the assembly in Thyatira, write! Now this is saying the Son of GOD,
the One having the eyes of Him as flame of fire, and the feet of Him as to burnished-brass
. [Mark 9:7]

Kindgdom Bible Studies Revelation Series

The Assembly in Thyatira has a longer message delivered to it from Jesus Christ than any of the seven churches.................
Thyatira means “sweet perfume of sacrifice” and when you study this word it speaks of a perfume that sends forth its fragrance as the result of bruising, crushing, or breaking.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Christianity is not supposed to be a religion.

Christianity is an active, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
It's a "relationship" which, by sheer coincidence, I'm sure, fits the dictionary definition of the word "religion".

Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Quran says that we should believe Jesus, so Islam is really pro Christianity:
…The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah … believe in Allah and His messengers. …

Surat An-Nisā' 4:171

http://quran.com/4/171

Hinduism tells that every way leads to right direction. So, in its point of view, Christianity is correct.

Buddhism is not even a religion, because it doesn’t allegedly have a god. It is only philosophy. And as a philosophy, it is not against what the Bible tells. However, the goal of Buddhism is nirvana that is basically same as Biblical hell (end of existence = “destroy both soul and body in hell” Matt. 10:28).

Because of those reasons, I think Bible God wins. :)

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In my teens, I read through all the books my Mom accepted from different religious sellers that knocked at our front door. She would give them all money and just accept their books, and then put them on the staircase bookshelves. I went through them, which she didn't know I did.

But that wasn't my real education into religious philosophy. I joined a mystical fraternity when I got in my twenties, and being deceived, I went through several degrees and initiations, which eventually involved doing psychic exercises and studying ancient philosophy, religions, and Greek philosophy, just about everything of secular religious history. Then they began to teach that our Lord Jesus didn't really die on the cross, that His disciples pulled Him down before He died, and that Jesus was actually one of their... students! I got out!

Though I hadn't been baptized in Jesus Christ yet then, I was raised in the Christian Church, and I always believed on Jesus Christ. I later learned that the first-second century Gnostics held the belief that Jesus didn't really die on the cross, but that He lived to old age and married Mary Magdalene, had children, etc. (basically what Dan Brown has suggested in his novels). In my heart I knew such ideas were false.

Even through all of those religious studies and initiations which meant nothing, there is only ONE Who was born in the flesh, and was without sin, and died on the cross, and was resurrected and witnessed of for forty days after His resurrection, i.e., Jesus of Nazareth, The Christ, Immanuel (God with us).

Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,896.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Did not Yeshua indicate, those who are not in need of healing, (evidently) do not need a physician?

Did not Yeshua instruct the apostles to go only unto the Lost sheep of Israel?

There are many shades of so called Christianity that are not acceptable to Christ, or so the letters addressed unto the Seven Congregations would suggest, where only two Angels and two Congregations are not reprimanded and instructed to repent or else.

The Denominations are a fall away from Catholicism, which in turn is a fall away from the Messianic Jew.

"Little children, it is the last time: and as you have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

But you have an unction from the Holy One, and you know all things.

I have not written unto you because you know not the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

Let that therefore abide in you, which you have heard from the beginning. If that which you have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, you also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

But the Anointing which you have received of him abides in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but as the same Anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in him.

And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at His Coming." [1st John 2:18-21, 24, & 27-28]

Did not Yeshua say, Beware! For Many shall come in my name, saying I am Christs (-ian), and shall deceive Many? the Many primarily pertains to them deceiving themselves.

Did not Paul identify the Denominational mind set as Babes who are not ready to comprehend the Truth/Spiritual Meat, and are therefore fed Carnal/Milk?

A True Christian is first and foremost an Anointed Being, they need not the consent of anyone proclaming to be a Christian (anointed being), if one is Anointed, and they follow the guidance of the Anointing, then they are indeed Christ's (-ian).

When many think of a Christian they assume that the Faith is that of Christ's, however Christ is not the Father of our Faith, Abvraham is, Christ was not the greatest person ever Born of a Woman, John the Baptist is, (from whose stones Elohéyîm is able to raise up children unto Abvraham).

Abvraham is the first prophet of the Torah (Scriptures), and John was the Last according to Yeshua, who also says Many are Called but few are Chosen, and there are First who shall be Last.

I suppose there are as Many Anointed Beings outside of so called Christianity that are truly Anointed and follow their Christ Consciousness as there are within so called Christianity that are Anti Christ's but ultimately deceive themselves.

Peter said, When the chief Shepherd shall appear, that we (who are faithful) shall receive a Crown of Glory that does not fade away.

Which is a direct reference to Isaiah 28 where the Crown of Glory appears as a Mighty one of the Lord, and sweeps way the deadly refuge of lies encompassing the Crown of pride plaguing Ephraim.

Ephraim is the leading (birthright) tribe located in the North, home of Nazareth and Mary, which fulfilled the prophecy of Ezekiel 37, making of two, one new man, no longer two kingdoms, but one.

Ephraim is the chief of The Lost tribes tribes of Israel to whom the apostles were Sent, and the Jews will tell you, that Ephraim (Portugal), and his twin brother Manasseh (Spain), and the assortment of tribes have never been geographically Lost, just Spiritually.

Thus the Crown of Glory comes to cast the Crown of Pride (which stands in the place of Grace's Anointing) to he ground with a flood of....information I suppose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0