In the world of a creationist evidence seems to be an irrelevance.

mockingbird

Jan 16, 2003
Visit site
✟7,676.00
Faith
Atheist
I can only assume that if they are fiercely dedicated then indeed it is a matter, to them, of their eternal soul. If they grant one piece of doubt in their belief system then they risk losing God.
There isn’t anything more important to being Christian than love of the God. It sounds rather monstrous to say but even love of one’s own child comes second to this.

I don’t think Christians ever consider such questions however.

Upvote 0

Carico

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
✟22,071.00
Faith
Christian
I have often wondered why a creationist thinks the way they do!

A mountain of evidence is put in front of them everyday about how the world and life
came into being but they refuse to even acknowledge it, preferring to believe that some
all powerful entity was responsible for it all.

I also think they cherry pick what they want and don't want to believe about God.

If a child of theirs was dying what would they do if the doctor said they
could either give the child drugs or leave everything in the hands of God?

Would that cause a dilemma or would the choice be obvious?
Actually it's the eact opposite. Apes don't breed human beings in reality. They never have and they never will. But each species does breed its own kind. So the evidence for creationism is on our side, not on the side of evolutionists.

Upvote 0

thaumaturgy

Nov 17, 2006
✟12,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually it's the eact opposite. Apes don't breed human beings in reality. They never have and they never will. But each species does breed its own kind. So the evidence for creationism is on our side, not on the side of evolutionists.

But dontcha see, when you look at an ape, you are seeing a direct relative. If you can look at other primates and not see the relationship, then you are doing so in spite of the evidence.

If you can look at the fossil record and not see that life has changed over time, then you are doing so in spite of the evidence.

Creationism has no data. It can't. It relies on a miracle. By definition, there is no explanatory power in "miracles".

Sure you may not see evolution happening right before your eyes, but the data is there to indicate that it has. It's like saying "I don't believe in plate tectonics because I can't perceive the movement of the plates on a minute-by-minute basis!" But all you have to do is look at the evidence in the South America-Africa split alone to see it happened.

Or if you were to claim you don't believe the clock face changes because you can't see the hour hand move, yet somehow several hours later the hour hand is in a different place. It must be a miracle.

Upvote 0

Elduran

Disruptive influence
May 19, 2005
✟9,830.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Wrong, wrong, wrong. And you've been shown why on literally hundreds, if not thousands of occasions.

Upvote 0

ranmaonehalf

Nov 5, 2006
✟9,473.00
Faith
Atheist
Wow, that is exactly what we say. You have a mountain of evidence in front of you and yet you refuse to acknowledge it.

Do you mean 'christian science'? That has nothing at all to do with what christians believe. We believe that you should get all the help you can from the doctors. Then when they have done all they can do for you, that is the time to turn to God for help. Then when you get better you will know that it was God who did it.

What evidence? The bible? A book that was written by man , put together by man? The bible as it is is not the complete teachings of jesus, if he existed, it is the collections of what man thought should be.

SO what is this evidence you speak of ? :confused:

Upvote 0

ranmaonehalf

Nov 5, 2006
✟9,473.00
Faith
Atheist

um apes breed humans everyday, we are apes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape

If a human ape had a baby it will be a human ape.
Of course this is going into the discussion of evolution and this topic is about why creationist never give scientific proof for creationism. All they evey seem to do is say ah ha we dont understand how this happens so it cant so our idea must be true.

Upvote 0