✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I think there is something to this actually:

When we say we believe in God with our lives, as believers, the Holy Spirit works through us to give us a talent

...that talent is an expression of our devotion to God and is a sign to others that we are walking the path of faith.

When you believe in Evolution, what trait is there: that is a sign to other Evolutionists, that you are walking the path of Evolution?

Evolution isn't a religion. It's a scientific theory.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
My morality vastly exceeds that purported in the bible, I need no excuses since I'm not afraid of death, I'm not a christian IOW.

If you weren't afraid of death, you would be dead.

The point is not to be without fear, but to engage fear consistently - to produce the fruits of fearing correctly.

Because you say "I am not afraid", you continue to have guilt that you have not been afraid enough.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Evolution isn't a religion. It's a scientific theory.

What if I said "belief" isn't a science? You would laugh in my face? Am I that kind of fool?

The point is that without design, you are without foundation to make changes to your species.

You might not want to be the species you were, but there is no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

We are a very successful species, why would you want to change it?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
What if I said "belief" isn't a science? You would laugh in my face? Am I that kind of fool?

The point is that without design, you are without foundation to make changes to your species.

You might not want to be the species you were, but there is no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

We are a very successful species, why would you want to change it?

You're talking nonsense again.

Upvote 0

Lazarus Long

Feb 1, 2020
Melbourne
✟4,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
You sound afraid to answer me?

Should we all sing kumbuyah to the smoking Evolutionary gun?

Something that made sense is beginning to slip, if you think accusing me of nonsense is somehow your privilege, even more so!

No, it's because you're talking nonsense. You cannot equivocate the theory of evolution with religion. They are not the same thing. They are compatible. But they are not the same thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,294.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I think this is basically the foundation I am asking for. You grant that this is a "subjective Evolution"?

No, it's just reading a very old story about the actions of Jacob and finding a plausible explanation.

In this case selective breeding, which is a common farming technique that demonstrates some of the mechanisms of evolution.

This is I think what is muddling the whole theory of Evolution, for me: you just don't know where, in what way, under what pressure, Evolution is happening?

What you have stipulated here, changes the story completely, depending on what God is or is not doing.
It does, but my point is that evolution is absolutely demonstrable right now, regardless of historical points.

I think what is happening here, is that we are beginning to learn to keep each other accountable.

Actually I would prefer it, if you showed me how you keep Evolutionists accountable - without involving Creationists? Creationists keep each other honest, by referring to the Bible, specifically the words of Jesus, for which no greater Wisdom can be aired.
It's easy to keep people who accept evolution accountable... just ask if they have evidence for their points.

I dispute your point about the Bible being effective in keeping Creationists accountable. For example on this forum we have variations of Young Earth Creationists, Old Earth Creationists and Flat Earth Believers all who use their interpretation to justify their belief.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am happy to hear your comments, on first impressions.

Thanks.

I always try to make a bad impression on the ladies, so they'll stop pestering me. :D

Upvote 0