• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

In Need of Prayer from People Who UNDERSTAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's 10:16 and I'm wired and edgy due to some stressful events of late. Normally I would let this pour out in my journal as a random stream of consciousness. Tonight I need to attempt to connect with people who know exactly what I feel because they've felt it too. When I'm edgy like this, I can't sleep. My mind will continue to race hours after I've laid my head on the pillow. This sort of anxiety has often fueled my nightmares... and I not sure I want to try to sleep.

I've gleened a lot of wisdom roaming the bipolar thread the last few days... and some very kind people have PMed me. The take home lesson seems to be: Just because I have a mental illness it doesn't mean that every problem is my fault. I didn't cause the circumstances that are stressing me out, I'm merely reacting to them. It's my reactions that are going to be the death of me. One minute I'm ok and being productive. A half an hour later I'm tense, edgy, and in flight mode. I keep having conversations in my head where I'm defending myself to someone who I owe neither apologies nor explanations.

My emotions have been all over the map today and I'm exhausted now. I was wide awake and tense when I started typing. Now I can barely keep my eyes open. Pray for my current circumstances. That I would stay true to God's teachings... .and that my actions would glorify him.

:groupray:

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LostnFound said:
I'm praying for you sweetie! PM me if you'd like to exchange instant messegers or if you'd like my phone number. Do you have panic attacks? Sounds like there's a certain amount of anxiety going on.

Hi LF,

Thank you for your prayers. I ended up going to sleep (fitful)... and I dreamed (nothing to frightening)... and have been so busy picking my friend up from the airport that I haven't had much time to worry or obsess about what caused my anxiety yesterday. Of course, my jet lagged friend is napping in the living room... and I'm starting to worry about my current situation. Your prayers are definitely a blessing as was your offer to call me. Thanks. It wasn't a true panic/anxiety attack. I actually don't get those (PRAISE GOD!)

Lord willing the current stressful situation will be resolved with a minimum of drama. Pray that I won't doubt that. :)

Peace,
LC

Upvote 0

LostnFound

Nov 21, 2004
Florida Panhandle
Visit site
✟16,045.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, hang tough, hon! I'm almost always up into the wee hours, and even if I'm not, some things are worth waking up for!!! I'm going to PM you my number. I'm on cell, so if you'd rather me call you (free long-distance), then PM me yours. Deep breaths and lots of quick prayers!!!!

Upvote 0

Laurel Crowned

Veteran
Feb 11, 2004
Hawaii
✟10,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
fireaboss said:
Laurel: You remain in my prayers. Lately, when I have felt stressed and afraid (a lot), I keep saying over and over and over, "When I am afraid, I will trust in thee!" Somehow that helps me remember that He is there even when my world feels like it's exploding.

Blessings and prayers!
Karen

There's a really cool song with those lyrics. I sing it at the beach when I go for quiet time. Thank you for your prayers Karen!

Upvote 0

darketernal

Jan 17, 2004
✟303.00
Faith
Christian
So what distinguishes a normal thinking person from a mentally emotional mood swinger. Caring, people who think normal simply don't care. For them every day is A-B-C and they don't put extra letters between A-B-C , they just do the things to maintain themselves (eat,sleep,drink,toilet) they handle their problems, they do whatever is humanly possible ,and leave the rest for God to handle. For instance when i go asleep i don't worry, will i sleep wil i sleep will i sleep, of course you will neer be able to sleep like that, i always use this trick, i lie on my bed, im totally 1000% happy that i am lying down,i don't even care if i fall asleep. And then i fall asleep ;)

Upvote 0

LostnFound

Nov 21, 2004
Florida Panhandle
Visit site
✟16,045.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thing is, dark, we don't put those extra letters there. They simply show up. One of the symptoms many with mood disorders have is racing thoughts. We just can't seem to shut our brains up. Even when sleeping, many have really freaky nightmares. These are chemically based responses in our brains. It might help to understand that these are really PHYSICAL brain disorders. The mental part is the outward sign that something in the brain isn't working correctly. SPECT scans of the brains of people with a variety of mood disorders show a very abnormal pattern of oxygenation, and blood flow.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.