Texas
✟15,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know I'm new on here, but I'm searching for Biblical, Christian advice.
I'm 22 years old. I live in Texas. I identify as a Non-Denominational Christian. My boyfriend of a year and friend of 7 years is 23 and lives in New York. So yes, I'm in a long distance relationship.
I could go on for hours about my life story, but I'll try to make it short in an attempt to help you understand and identify a little with "led" me into this relationship.
I grew up in a very abusive household. I am covered in self harm/suicide attempt scars due to a long battle with PTSD and other mental issues/product of abuse. I've recently rededicated my life, soul, my everything to Christ and am finally going to be baptized in a week from now. I didn't finish high school due to being sexually assaulted. I also don't have a GED nor a college education. I live alone with my widowed grandmother. I met my current boyfriend online when I was 15 years old and up until a year ago, we were only platonic friends over the internet. I have faith that God will lead and guide me to do what I need to do in my relationship according to His word. My boyfriend is Jewish but doesn't practice Judaism. I have tried my best to plant the seed of God's wonder in hope of him (boyfriend) seeing Christ's glory, which after a year of this relationship, he admitted to me just the other day that he does believe in Christ. I can't even begin to explain how much that meant to me; not for me, but for God. I could just feel the smile on His face when my boyfriend verbally admitted his belief.
Before I go on, I want to say that I strongly and will continue to be strong in not becoming unequally yolked. I've made it known to my boyfriend that marriage/long-term isn't even an option with someone who hasn't accepted Christ as their Savior.
Moving on! Long story short, I love him with all of my heart and truly feel like this is the path that I'm being led to take. But what I need advice on is probably trivial to those who read this.. I want to know how to go about telling him that there are times when I need a "shoulder to cry on". We video chat every night after he gets home from work and there are times when I just, need to let the tears out. It's mainly due to not being able to be together yet and wanting the warmth of another human's compassion. Why I'm even making this post is because one of those tear-y moments happened just 30 minutes ago and like usual, my boyfriend just sits there silently. I've tried (basically begging if I'm being honest) asking him for even a few words like "I'm here, we'll make it through this" but they never come.. I've prayed and prayed and gotten basic counsel from my grandmother, but I still don't know how to go about this. I loathe arguing and I loathe barking at anyone to do something. I know this probably sounds so petty and immature, but I am at absolute loss as to how to go about solving this. I love my boyfriend so very, VERY much and can't even loosely think about the idea of losing him.
If you have any tips or advice for this situation I would appreciate it more than you know. <3
God Bless~

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm 22 years old. I live in Texas. I identify as a Non-Denominational Christian. My boyfriend of a year and friend of 7 years is 23 and lives in New York. So yes, I'm in a long distance relationship.
I could go on for hours about my life story, but I'll try to make it short in an attempt to help you understand and identify a little with "led" me into this relationship.
I grew up in a very abusive household. I am covered in self harm/suicide attempt scars due to a long battle with PTSD and other mental issues/product of abuse. I've recently rededicated my life, soul, my everything to Christ and am finally going to be baptized in a week from now. I didn't finish high school due to being sexually assaulted. I also don't have a GED nor a college education. I live alone with my widowed grandmother. I met my current boyfriend online when I was 15 years old and up until a year ago, we were only platonic friends over the internet. I have faith that God will lead and guide me to do what I need to do in my relationship according to His word. My boyfriend is Jewish but doesn't practice Judaism. I have tried my best to plant the seed of God's wonder in hope of him (boyfriend) seeing Christ's glory, which after a year of this relationship, he admitted to me just the other day that he does believe in Christ. I can't even begin to explain how much that meant to me; not for me, but for God. I could just feel the smile on His face when my boyfriend verbally admitted his belief.
Before I go on, I want to say that I strongly and will continue to be strong in not becoming unequally yolked. I've made it known to my boyfriend that marriage/long-term isn't even an option with someone who hasn't accepted Christ as their Savior.
Moving on! Long story short, I love him with all of my heart and truly feel like this is the path that I'm being led to take. But what I need advice on is probably trivial to those who read this.. I want to know how to go about telling him that there are times when I need a "shoulder to cry on". We video chat every night after he gets home from work and there are times when I just, need to let the tears out. It's mainly due to not being able to be together yet and wanting the warmth of another human's compassion. Why I'm even making this post is because one of those tear-y moments happened just 30 minutes ago and like usual, my boyfriend just sits there silently. I've tried (basically begging if I'm being honest) asking him for even a few words like "I'm here, we'll make it through this" but they never come.. I've prayed and prayed and gotten basic counsel from my grandmother, but I still don't know how to go about this. I loathe arguing and I loathe barking at anyone to do something. I know this probably sounds so petty and immature, but I am at absolute loss as to how to go about solving this. I love my boyfriend so very, VERY much and can't even loosely think about the idea of losing him.
If you have any tips or advice for this situation I would appreciate it more than you know. <3
God Bless~

Love is mostly hormones. Especially in your case.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
God Bless~
I can understand your frustration but I can also give you some advice from the male perspective. You may have noticed that men mature more slowly than women. I had a girl friend I met at a youth camp. It was not romantic. She was a long way from home, studying at uni. She told me one time that she was depressed. I had no idea what to say. I was a new Christian and I grew up in a very male environment. Since your bf is not saved, he can't even pray for you.

The Bible tells us to cast all our care on the Lord. He wants to take care of us. People can and will let us down. Lord Jesus never lets us down. Yes, He works through His people at times (which is why you are here of course). Ultimately He wants to be your friend and for you to be His.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My boyfriend of a year and friend of 7 years is 23 and lives in New York. So yes, I'm in a long distance relationship
e video chat every night after he gets home from work and there are times when I just, need to let the tears out. [/QUOTEmy boyfriend just sits there silently. I[/QUOTE]

May I suggest that you don't have a boyfriend you have a'pen friend' or the internet equivalent.

If he is unable to offer you words of comfort after being a friend for seven years he is unlikely to change.

Start getting involved in other activities, talk to people at work, jjoin in any work social activities etc

Think about doing a correspondence course to get qualifications.

View your new York friend as simply that, a friend.

Upvote 0