"In His Name, the Gentiles will trust" - what will "Evolutionist Gentiles" trust in Him?

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For a couple of things, Darwin was unaware of genes. And he suspected that acquired characteristics could be inherited. So did almost all other scientists at the time.

But his four basic points are still solidly true.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well then your different then those that fail by going nonsense like, "If were still monkey's why are dere still monkeys." or anything gottaservent ever says against evolution. Or mentioning lucy's knee among many other things. I'm referring to those that actually try to debunk evolution using scientific claims that are either false or outright wrong. Or even just, "Evolution is impossible due to X and Y." I accept evolution because I understand it and see how it fits reality. I can eitehr accept it or reject god, I chose to accept it.

I believe God's word tells us creation, Adam and his sin were literal events, the same way Jesus dying on the cross was literal.
For me to accept anything else is to reject God.

I believe science deals in the here and now and that the world as God made it was quite different. Science can neither test it nor give any information on it since that world and it's governing laws has gone. Fundamental changes happened at the fall and the flood. Not just temporary changes but changes to how the world works.

I do also think that evolution is impossible due to X and Y, but that is just human reasoning. Human reasoning and God's word are two separate things. If God's word contradicts human reasoning I assume it is us that got it wrong, not God.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do also think that evolution is impossible due to X and Y, but that is just human reasoning. Human reasoning and God's word are two separate things. If God's word contradicts human reasoning I assume it is us that got it wrong, not God.

Or perhaps man doesn't understand God's word. One of those.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Perhaps something else that 'Evolutionist Gentiles' could trust, is that the "gospel" is the simplest way of taming the Devil (through resistance of sin)?

The more the Devil's adaptations are tame, the greater the submission of nature - specifically to the stricture of the greater inheritance - will be expected (nature will begin to rejoice in its being chosen life or death).

Does a tame Devil need to "evolve"? Only in commitment to genuinely needed righteousness and works of it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Perhaps something else that 'Evolutionist Gentiles' could trust, is that the "gospel" is the simplest way of taming the Devil (through resistance of sin)?

Since God is truth, maybe you should start there.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
The weakness of a more and more elaborate lie, is that you grow futile in your guarding against infertility.

Evolution is basically a more and more elaborate lie.

Infertile Evolution, called out on its own, has nothing but retreat to hope in.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:
Since God is truth, maybe you should start there.

If they could not believe God, for the sake of God: they will not believe for the sake of a "changed" God.

You don't need to do an elaborate dance to justify things. Just start with the truth. If that idea bothers you, maybe it would be profitable for you to do a little prayerful reflection as to why.

Jesus warned against this!

Indeed He did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The weakness of a more and more elaborate lie, is that you grow futile in your guarding against infertility.

So why so adverse to just the plain truth?

Evolution is basically a more and more elaborate lie.

It's a directly-observed natural phenomenon. If you find God's creation to be a lie, isn't that an important clue for you?

Infertile Evolution, called out on its own, has nothing but retreat to hope in.

God seems to think otherwise. It's His way, after all.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
There is a truth that an Evolutionist is likely to like, actually: Jesus is interested in what you can adapt, with the species you are given.

Perhaps if Jesus persistently shows interest, Evolutionist Gentiles will trust Him for that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So why so adverse to just the plain truth?

It's a directly-observed natural phenomenon. If you find God's creation to be a lie, isn't that an important clue for you?

There is a truth that an Evolutionist is likely to like, actually: Jesus is interested in what you can adapt, with the species you are given.

I don't think imagination is a good way to learn about God. Try to follow His word, instead.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think what it is, is that God guarantees an "Evolution" in the next life - if we give up on our "Evolution" in "this" life.

Like I am human now, but in Heaven I may be a lot stronger, mentally.

It - the "Evolution" - would not work if I expected it in this life, because this life has already begun to end.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I honestly think, I am able to rid myself of greater Evolution, in Heaven, than Evolution can justify by way of ignorance on Earth.

It's like I told them, in the Physical and Life sciences forum: you cannot end a sentence in another language, and still call it the same language.

I am able to learn new ways to use an existing language, but denying my use of that language in another language does not make even a little sense.

What happens, if you do (end in another language) - in terms of the initial language: nothing, or worse!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think the thing is, is that I am against "crushing" the Devil's hope.

I could write out a long list of things that need to change, if Evolution doesn't work, but I instinctively know that just detailing Evolutions failings will not help the Devil.

Judas came to Jesus in the Devil and Jesus called him "friend" - if we could get the Devil to work onside us like that... that would be great!

The whole problem is that people think Evolution is about "siding" with 'science', as if science is the "chief good" - if they could see the Devil working with the words of Jesus, they would see understanding the Word as the chief good: it would not be without watching your words, certainly?

In the end, we may die because of Evolution - what if the Lord resurrects us, despite that? Surely if we keep being resurrected, the Devil will want to be more reasonable?

I don't know, I'm just throwing it out there - spiritual stamina, is more than egregious preference with the things you "think" should 'survive'?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think the question is "how much does Jesus need to evolve?"

For which the answer is "not at all".

That said, there is something to be said for taking risks with "Evolution", it ensures that complacency doesn't become the norm.

For example, if I said there was no chance that something different would develop from faith in the cross, the cross itself would be of no effect or worse still, out of reach to those that needed hope the most.

Upvote 0